LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri May 31, 2024 11:55 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Level 18 LLD equipment questions
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject:  Level 18 LLD equipment questions  

Well, one question, really. By total random chance I seem to have all of the commonly recommended items for level 18 melee characters (Angelic stuff, Twitch, Cow King boots, a few +max dmg jewels, etc), and therefore plan to slap together a dueler. But first, a question for you more experienced types:

Two items that to me seem to be great items are mostly overlooked in the guides I've seen for level 18 duelers: Bloodfists and Duskdeep. And since I thought they were both pretty useful items I was wondering if maybe I'm missing something philosophically about lld equipment.

1. Bloodfists. Yes, they're occasionally mentioned, but most guides seem to recommend Death's gloves instead. Why? Granted, Death's offers 20% more IAS, but the Bloodfists offer a range of good bonuses, including FHR and extra damage. Is the extra IAS so crucial, or is it just that the huge poison resistance is necessary?

2. Duskdeep. Sure, it offers less damage than a +45 max socketed helm, but doesn't its multiple inclusions warrant note? +8 max damage, +15 resist all, DR 7; it's like a helm with a weak damage jewel, a Sol, and a 15% resist all jewel stuck into it. Don't the multiple mods make it at least as useful as a straight damage helm?

Thanks in advance!

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject:  

1: yes, the 20% is crucial. otherwise youll attack slower. and if you attack slow, you might as well be nailing your own coffin shut. plus the poison nulification and CBF and resist all when coupled with the belt, are nice too.

2: completely and utterly worthless. other than the 7DR, you can get the other mods it has on jewels as well. want 15%resist all? find a jewel with it. i had a jewel given to me that had 15max/20 resist all on it.

Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:
i had a jewel given to me that had 15max/20 resist all on it.

I hope you sold it for $200 on ebay, because there's no such thing.

The IAS on deaths gloves/belt give you the next fastest attack frame, so that is why most people use them.

Duskdeep isn't really that great. Resistances aren't too useful in lvl 18 duels, and that little DR is pretty insignificant. A max dmg jeweled helm is much more sought after.

VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject:  

my mistake, it was 15max/10 resist all cept 1 resist was 20%. dont beleive me sean? its in my godly conc barb helm. micah has it, take a look.

Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:
my mistake, it was 15max/10 resist all cept 1 resist was 20%. dont beleive me sean? its in my godly conc barb helm. micah has it, take a look.

I believe you. I just didn't believe 20 resist all. Razz

Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: