LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Ignore this post
Page 1 of 2 [19 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Rorrak

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast Ladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject:  Ignore this post  

Guide removed
Last edited by Rorrak on Fri May 14, 2004 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject:  

EDITED: for clarity

perhaps if this guide had focused on lvl breaks for ideal gambling areas for LLD items as well,

otherwise i would suggest placing this {gold find barb build} in a more apropriate forum.

Last edited by Jerkazoid on Fri May 14, 2004 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject:  

on top of what jerkazoid said, i can easily go into a hell cow game with an already created (and cheaper, cuz really, who would use an eth botd on a goldfind character?) character (such as a javazon or sorc) and collect items i know are worth 30-35k and just sell them. all it takes is tp's and i can walk out of a game with 300-500k. less changing games for me means less chance my computer will freeze.

i had had this idea a while ago, for a gold find sorc. its just not worth the effort of picking up all the gold after it drops.

Rorrak

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject:  

Just wasting my time apparently.
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject:  

Rorrak wrote:
Just wasting my time apparently.

id tend to agree.

Rorrak

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject:  

This was my attempt to give back to the community, since I find LLDing to be fun and interesting, and I respect the people here I tried to help out. I'm an efficiency freak and always have been, I like diablo because of the item collection/strategy aspects to character building, and I've become quite an expert at MFing because of that. I was one of the richest legit players on Europe for the year I played there, then I switched over to East and in no time was extremely wealthy here as well. I don't know LLDing like you guys do, but I do know how to get the items you want, whatever those may be.

Voices, there a million ways to be suboptimal in this game, in this world, etc, and I could spout off suboptimal LLD strategies all day. My goldfind barb is the optimal way to get masses of gold quickly (3 million in under 10 minutes is easy). I would wager it'd take you 30+ minutes if you were lucky enough to find emptied out cow runs with lots of elites on the ground and you had the inventory room and patience to go around, pick an item up, tp, sell, woohoo 35k. I can pull multiple stacks of 70k gold off of one council member if I'm lucky, then there's ~10 of them, I run straight there, kick their ass, leave with masses of gold. Sometimes I only have an hour to play diablo in a day, so I make every minute count. If somebody has the resources (like the BotD zerker/Chains of Honor that I had collecting dust, yes Spazz, my mules do get dusty) to build the barb he's great. If not, maybe do some MF runs in normal for hours and hope for the best?
Rorrak

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject:  

PS - A goldfind sorc is stupid for 2 reasons: No Find Item, and No Dual Ali Babas. At level 80 they're 350% goldfind each. You give up 250% goldfind (versus a jeweler's monarch of deflecting with 4x Lem, and good luck getting one of those, in reality it'd be a plain 4 socket monarch or a rhyme or something) and an extra shot at every corpse for another full drop for what? Also a sorc's reliance on high skills to kill in Hell means you have less options for goldfind gear. So no wonder you decided it wasn't worth it.
Spazz
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject:  

My posts vanished..

*Edit*
Oh wait, haha, that was your other equally wasteful topic.

Account: -=-Spazz-=-
Realm: USEast
Characters:
Carousel - 57 Trap Assassin MLD

meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Ignore this post  

Rorrak wrote:
Guide removed

I didn't have a chance to see your post and I would like to see it.

I do hell council run with hammer din(about 1000% gold drop and 300% MF), it's like 2 minutes/run including quickly looking at the items that old guy is selling, averagely I can score 30-35k gold per run including selling stuff for gold.
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Ignore this post  

meitou wrote:
Rorrak wrote:
Guide removed

I didn't have a chance to see your post and I would like to see it.

I do hell council run with hammer din(about 1000% gold drop and 300% MF), it's like 2 minutes/run including quickly looking at the items that old guy is selling, averagely I can score 30-35k gold per run including selling stuff for gold.

he threw a fit because 2 people didnt find his guide informative or usefull, so he removed it. Rolling Eyes Sad

as for "suboptimal" if you only have an hour each day to play the game, you dont have enough time to level to level 80+ with a brand new barb and trade for all the items required to make this "elite goldfish barb" ('you' being the average joe). some people dont care to be 100% efficient, some people arent that anal. some people like to use characters already existing, i was saying the way i find gold for gambling, and the way most other people probably do as well (selling found items). theres no point in ragging on me, for suggesting something different than your "optimal" method. Wink

as for his build meitou, it was a cookie cutter barb (20 bo 20 shout 20 conc, etc) with all gold find items save for an eth botd zerker ( Rolling Eyes ) and a chains of honor something-or-other. the rest was the regular gold find items, dwarf stars, infernostride, chanceguards, etc.

Last edited by VoicesLLD on Fri May 14, 2004 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spazz
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject:  

Voices, remind knarl how much you love him.

Account: -=-Spazz-=-
Realm: USEast
Characters:
Carousel - 57 Trap Assassin MLD

VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject:  

why? i havent flamed, yet. and if what i said was a flame, someone needs to re-define it for me, because to me, that was just a reply to an already rude post.

and re-reading what he said: yea, it does take me 30+ minutes, but i dont stress over time. ontop of that, its a cow game, not only can i look for items to sell for gold, but at the same time find numerous lld items.

Rorrak

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject:  

I apologize for what I said Voices, anybody who can build a Blizz sorc like the one in your sig must be talented. We choose to go about getting our items and stuff in different ways, and it's really not a big deal. You choose to be really efficient/powerful with your blizz sorc (obviously) I choose to be really efficient/powerful with what I know really well (Magic Find/Crafting/Gambling and in this case goldfind) to me gambling is a great way to pull very useful LLD rares, and I wanted to share that with the community during this period where I'm still learning about LLD builds from all of your experience/comments. My few attempts at LLD chars have been definitely suboptimal. I've just tried a few different things because I thought they might be fun, you know no big deal. I built my level 80 barb in a total of 3 days, playing a few hours each day. Usually I have about 2-3 hours a day to spend playing d2, but sometimes I can only jump in for a little bit (which is where the one hour comment came from). I like to figure out the most efficient path to get where I want to go, especially when I have a *lot* of ground to make up (to have a good LLDer you have to be skilled but also have some potentially pretty hard to find gear). I do pretty well crafting/selling caster amulets, and the zerker/chains of honor are just a small piece of my item collection, not particularly huge expenses (chains of honor, since you didn't know is pretty nice):

+2 all skills
+20 str
8% life leech
25% magic find
65% resist all
200% damage to demons
100% damage to undead
physical damage reduced by 8%
70% enhanced defense

it's dol/ist/um/ber, not in that order, mine is about 94x defense, made from a 577 base defense archon.

It lacks the teleport and big +str/big MF of enigma, but it's overall very solid stats (albeit lack of goldfind) made it my choice for this barb (not to mention it's about half the price of an engima, and I don't have one of those, I'd have to buy it, and since I just used all gear I had lying around for this char I was trying not to buy anything especially something that would take 2 of my 10 sojs).

Anyway, I was just trying to help, but I think Jerkazoid is right, this isn't the right place for this guide. It'll be available to anyone who wants it (PM me), but I don't really see a place for it on these forums.

- Rorrak
Rorrak

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject:  

Oh I misread your post voices, I thought you didn't know what a chains of honor was but it looks like you just didn't remember the base armor type.
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject:  

Guys, give Rorrak a break.

He's trying to be a part of the community by helping out. He has a char build that gets him tons of gold, and he wanted to share it with us in hopes that someone uses it to collect gold and gamble for LLD items.

And you guys have to criticize it for no good reason. I didn't get to read it so I can't comment in much depth about it, but I would like to read it and then judge for myself whether or not it should be posted. And I think jerkazoid's idea about posting ideal gambling levels would be a good idea too.

And maybe an alternative char build besides a barb...or at least one that doesn't use a really expensive weapon.

Last edited by Knarl on Fri May 14, 2004 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 2 [19 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: