LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat May 18, 2024 6:09 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Interesting Research (lots to read :O )
Page 2 of 2 [26 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject:  

i was being sarcastic, i didn't expect you to know the meaning of the whole article and I was wrong to assume it. the assumption was of course based on how you said something about my post, but never said anything about not understanding the original post, as everyone else did. i also love how my assumption makes me ignorant and arrogant, while its ok for you to call me a fucker and assume that my original post was making fun of the cure for aids

great, he copied only a few paragraphs
if anyone feels that if a few paragraphs are taken out, that they will be deeply deprived of knowledge please say something
otherwise i don't see why this topic couldn't have been made with a few sentences and a few links
like godz said...
Quote:
you don't have to nkow what everything is to understand the idea...

with the translation i was also being sarcastic... the point being again that if something like the % of carbon dioxide used wasn't posted, I doubt anyone would raise the question

when it comes to other people being annoyed by the length of the article I wasn't assuming things. Every other comment on the page also notes the length and how it makes it very distracting... I don't doubt the importance of the thread but I was trying to say maybe spare some details next time
that summary in your ps I can understand too. But which would you rather read: that summary or the figures and test results and studies at the top?

xX_marie_Xx

BNet Acct/Realm: useast [nl] Montreal Canada
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject:  

Imo i found it very informative...

Although i think more research should be done i have no clue how one would go about doing so, but it would definately be worth the investment.

We should run up to bush and inject him with aids....24 hours later a cure would be published and put on the market! Rolling Eyes

But in all seriousness I find it sick that people lack so much empathy as to deny a human being the right to live for the mere comfort of the material things they shallowly strive to obtain in uselessly large quantaties...rawr!
(sorry for the little rant but yeah...Damn the man) Shocked

This example of a possible cure of aids and the threats of pharmacuticals is not the only instance where higher (dumb) powers have denied people all over the world a cure or help for a various problem or another. When a new medication comes out its creators get exclusive rights over that medication. For a certain amount of time (i believe two years but id have to look) they can price almost as high as they like and for that time span no one is alowed to reproduce it!

this means that no generic brands or similar medications at more affordable prices can be made, thus depriving people of help they need! there are many more instances of things such as these but id have to do more research and im already head high in finals and papers...

<<<<dont ya hate leetspeak
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject:  

for those with no attention spans, obviously the abbrieviated version would be better. but for those who enjoy learning something new to its fullest, like marie obviously does, the longer version was probably the best choice.

threads arent made to make everyone happy. sometimes it is directed at a certain type of people. you dont happen to be one of those peoples this time around, apparently. deal with it.

oh, and among other things, i had made a point to tridge, that without war/disease/famine, the world would be severely over populated with no way to control it, without imploying population laws like china. i personally like having freedom. so as cruel as it sounds, sometimes deadly diseases are needed. though, a cure for AIDs would be nice, as that is a horrible way to go, and too easily transferable between people.

xX_marie_Xx

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject:  

well with "war" going on atm or the possible threat of worste things to come the way the world is going i doubt we will get to the point of over population in the near future.

Also ever notice that when there is a miraculous cure for a horrible desease yet an even worste one imerges into the general population? Nature has its ways Wink. And when nature fails Humanity will prevail and unintentionally/ententionally control for overpopulation with its rediculous antics.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject:  

conspiracies could be started by saying that. "the reason why new diseases are found when old ones are cured, is because pharmasutical companies introduce them to the public. how else would they stay in business if everything was cured?"

zoe_lldgod

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject:  

Unfortunately, there's always some bozo out there who doesn't take the medicine for the prescribed time and allows the virus to become immune. 10 years down the line, oops, supervirus. That sucks. Now the only thing we did have doesn't work. Guess people have to fight it on their own. Confused
Also, Bush isn't the only person who's keeping AIDS research from working entirely. There are other leaders who keep their scientists working independently, which overall decreases our ability to work together. IMO, there are two worlds: A discontent political world, and a world of science. Science shouldn't be bound by governmental limitations through diplomacy. They should be able to work together regardless of political standings. Just because two nations are hostile or at war doesn't mean their scientists can't collaborate to eradicate a worldwide disease.
xX_marie_Xx

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject:  

zoe_lldgod wrote:

Also, Bush isn't the only person who's keeping AIDS research from working entirely.

lol although i dont really like bush i was by no means accusing him hindering the cure for aids i blame the pharmacuticle companies lol.

All I meant to say is give anyone with power (ie: bill Gates) the aids virus and a cure will be published. I just used bush as my example because he has a lot of influenctial power atm.

but you do bring up a good point.

xX_marie_Xx

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject:  

also wanted to add....

About the bozo who doesnt take the medication in its entierty, all i have to say is that Aids is already a super virus so if we can cure people for 10 years (although takes longer for a virus to become immune) I say its worth it.

Also a big part of the suggested cure from the study has to do with giving a patient slight and specific electric shots which would require a medical technition to do so, thus the person would HAVE to complete the medication/treatment.

VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject:  

well, the patient could just stop going, or couldnt afford the treatement anymore, etc etc. but i dont think a virus could ever become immune to electrical shock.

Chewie

BNet Acct/Realm: AWOL
16.10 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject:  

Unless they can duel wield little miniature lightsabres Razz
But yea, in a sense disease is needed, but extinction of any species, even animals as intelligent as humans, is inevitable. The only reason more people dont die more often is science.

zoe_lldgod

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject:  

In theory, a virus shouldn't become immune to electrical shock. But we all know how those little bastards change just to infect us again. >.<
Page 2 of 2 [26 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: