LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:35 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Bored with Bnet? Try this 1.12a D2 Mod out!!!
Page 1 of 2 [20 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Zod-1337

BNet Acct/Realm: (Not activily on bnet)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject:  Bored with Bnet? Try this 1.12a D2 Mod out!!!  

Are you bored, wanting more of a challenge, or just to poor to keep up with bnet dueling and game play???

Take a look at this private realm, here are some quick notes about it...

- It's for D2 v1.12a

- Hundred and hundreds of new items, runewords, and sets.

- 113 runes, for all sorts of needs. Check out http://realmvenom.com/?id=runes for more details.

- 13 Soul Stones, they are a cross between runes and jewels. Used for dueling. Want a preview of what these are? Go to http://realmvenom.com/?id=soulstones

- You are allowed to make suggestions, it more than likely will be added, or a tweaked version of it added.

- New patches released frequently, when I say that I mean it. No not like daily, more like weekly or every other week. How else do you think we get those suggestions included in our version of the game?

If I still have your attention and you want to try it out, feel free to. As a matter of fact, we CHALLENGE you to!

www.RealmVenom.com

No pay to play.

No registration required, other than your account in game.

Simply click the download link on the site.

It will take you to FileFront.com, click the download button.

Once it is finished. Simply go to your Diablo II folder, swap out the patches. Modify your realm list. Add Realm Venom on it. Then go and enjoy it.

Realm Venom website's download section will provide the gateway editor.
IP Address for the realm(one of the following):

(Detailed instructions for installing RV http://realmvenom.com/?id=faqhowtoinstall)

For more details go to www.RealmVenom.com or http://forums.eGameSource.com

My staff and current players will help you if you need it. We actually have a close knit group of players started on this game that are eager to help new players.

For those of you who don't know me, I played D2 for more years than I can count.

When I played, I was an active vLLD'er.

Because I have a strong background in LLD'ing and some in MLD/HLD, I have been able to add in many dueling related items into my realm.

We have LLD sets, runes, soulstones are actually made for dueling.

If you are someone who doesn't have a lot of time to play, I hold contests. Most just cause you to pick a number.

Then I give out prizes to 10 of the 50 or w/e. Heck I have given out prizes to all people who participate most of the time.

Personally I know how hard it is sometimes when you start out.

Because this is an LLD community and I've been on this site for years, nearly 4 to be exact...

I will help out anyone from this site. I will give you some starting gear.

I will check with my coding team to see if we can setup times for rushes.

But to get this bonus, just PM me on this site. Not my site, because I don't want you to feel it's required.

DO NOT SEND ME YOUR PASSWORD!!!

Your account hold 18 characters, leave atleast 1 open slot for me. I will put a toon on it with gear.

If you ask in your pm that you'd like to have a toon rushed, I will try to rush it. Just leave me the Toon name.

I will rush it, I don't need your password to do it, as I am an Administrator, I can move the character to my account, rush it and move it back to yours.

If you need to view eGS (eGameSource) forums for trading or anything you will have to register on there. But if you don't want to and you have questions you can PM me on here, I'll try my hardest to answer all the questions I can as quickly as I can.

http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?p=335548
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger 
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject:  

This sounds very interesting, I'm going to look over the changes and consider it. I'll try to talk some friends into it as well (since I only play this game now because of them)

One major question, is it possible to go back to a bnet realm after you set venom up? I've never played on a private server,s o this is kind of new to me

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Durance Of Love

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject:  

Wank wrote:
This sounds very interesting, I'm going to look over the changes and consider it. I'll try to talk some friends into it as well (since I only play this game now because of them)

One major question, is it possible to go back to a bnet realm after you set venom up? I've never played on a private server,s o this is kind of new to me

All you have to do to return to bnet play is to replace the RealmVenom patch with the latest Blizzard patch found here: http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=mdt0387p
Wank

57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject:  

Durance Of Love wrote:
Wank wrote:

All you have to do to return to bnet play is to replace the RealmVenom patch with the latest Blizzard patch found here: http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=mdt0387p

That's what I thought initially, just wanted to make sure.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Zod-1337

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject:  

Most D2 mods that you will come across are not for 1.12a. because of this they are not setup to go back to bnet easily. That is one of the reasons we scrapped are old patch and upgraded to 1.12a. Once 1.13 comes out we probably will upgrade to that as well. If I am able to do it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger 
oleo79

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest nonladder + ladder
4.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject:  

I DLed your mod, and the Bnet gateway editor. I am able to add new gateway info successfully and all, but it doesn't come up in D2 gateway choices.

Am also use an iMac, I don't know if that affects anything...but I have Crossover that opens the Windows files just fine, so...?

Durance Of Love

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject:  

oleo79 wrote:
I DLed your mod, and the Bnet gateway editor. I am able to add new gateway info successfully and all, but it doesn't come up in D2 gateway choices.

Am also use an iMac, I don't know if that affects anything...but I have Crossover that opens the Windows files just fine, so...?

There was a mac-friendly editor that was deleted recently. Here's a third you can try: http://files.filefront.com/BNetGatewayEditorexe/;8934916;/fileinfo.html
Wank

57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject:  

Glad to see oleo will be playing too, my account is *imp when you get it working.

Equipped Lvl 30's:

hellafireleli

BNet Acct/Realm: US west nl sc
32.88 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject:  

Looks quite fun.
Is it unique to other pr's?
I would prob try it, but im playing css for a while Cool
Zod-1337

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject:  

RV has been around for years, I kept it private for my old clan... We used to test things out on it.

I made it public over a year ago.

I doubt many mods would act like we do.... But then again i don't play other mods. lol.... we've done alot of stuff to it.

beenken

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject:  

Realm Venom is actually quite different from other mods. The look and feel are quite different but not too different so that it doesn't take away from what you are used to. Most of the popular areas are now expanded such as cows, ancients way, throne, chamber and more. Cows is about 50 times larger, and has MANY more cows in it just to start.

This mod is much more challenging with more items, sets, runewords and just about anything else.

For all of the HCL people out there that would like a start, you can pm me as a start point. I am usually available to get your first char ready to go. I am a coder for this realm and would like to hear some opinions about the owrk our team does. Criticisms are always welcome too. How do you think we make it better?
FudGe

BNet Acct/Realm: *MaStEr_FuDgE, jacquesstrap on D2JSP
2.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject:  

Intriguing....I may give this a try with a friend.

Squirlz

BNet Acct/Realm: US East
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject:  

I might be joining as well, and bring a friend with me. How much different is MFing? It sounds like MFing is easier but not sure. I guess i am interested but i do not like MFing at all, just want to duel but you have to find stuff as well. Is D2loader allowed or is this still monitored by bnet? I like being able to rush my own chars and transfer without the chance of loosing things.
beenken

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject:  

This is not modded by bnet at all. Mfing can be done, but can also be abit more difficult. As stated before, this is d2 with muscle Smile

We do allow 3rd party programs, and even have some uploaded to the realm venom website. Read up on the OP's weblinks and give it a try Smile
Squirlz

BNet Acct/Realm: US East
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject:  

beenken wrote:
This is not modded by bnet at all. Mfing can be done, but can also be abit more difficult. As stated before, this is d2 with muscle Smile

We do allow 3rd party programs, and even have some uploaded to the realm venom website. Read up on the OP's weblinks and give it a try Smile

I was pretty sure i would try it anyway since i really dont care about bnet now anyway. I just like having 2 windows open at the same time.

Thanks for the answers. A friend and I will be joining shortly.

Page 1 of 2 [20 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: