LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:59 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
lvl 30 Mauler item adjustments
Page 1 of 2 [23 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
SSIKness666

2.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:09 am    Post subject:  lvl 30 Mauler item adjustments
Subject description: need advice plz

ok so i want to make a lvl 30 mauler. possibly norm rushed but nontheless, i've got some item ideas so far. 6 shael Crowbill (not naga cuz i don't want to spend the extra str, and not 5 shael 1 eth. i want the speed), 'peace', angelics (ofc), goblin toes. now i have been tossing up either 'rhyme' grim shield (15ed i have) and 15dr string, or whitstans, death sash.

i'm undecided on gloves, whether they be venomgrips or bloodfists. i know that a 3soc +3 Maul helm is nice, with +1 shockwave and/or + werebear, + lycanth, though i'll prolly settle for a vision mod helm or peasant crown till i can upgrade him. i have a Visionary Great helm of balance (10fhr) that i'm hoping will get 2 socs. if so, and i use it as a temporary helm, what is best perhaps, to socket it with? pdiamonds for nice ar boost, prubys for life, shaels for a total of 50fhr or other stuff?

i would like to use the venomhide/goblin toe combo, tho there is great bonuses from bloodfists instead, eg the nice fhr. i want 2nd best bp for fhr, either that or max, tho i can't see that happening when i will want to have lots of max/ar and lifer scs.

any help is welcomed and appreciated.

ty =)

ps. i'm not that rich on rare jewels however i did find my first 15maxer, and i have a decent 20ed +2 str -15req jewl, tho i wouldn't want to waste my 15maxer unless i'm completely certain.
Squirlz

BNet Acct/Realm: US East
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject:  

You are going to want bloodfists for sure. the FHR and life is really helpful. Also rhyme and string is your best bet. You might want to use Cow King boots or Sanders instead of goblins for the stat bonus. Sanders are nice for the AR. If you do not Hell rush you will have barley any stats left for vitality after max block.
SSIKness666

2.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject:  

thanks a lot, that was very helpful =) in that case i'd prolly go with Sanders for the nice ar and faster run walk than CK
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: lvl 30 Mauler item adjustments

if u need FHR (which u only need 42% = 4 frames as wolf) then shaeling gear makes more sense then FHR charms.
however i think u want +dmg for the most part.

SSIKness666 wrote:

ps. i'm not that rich on rare jewels however i did find my first 15maxer, and i have a decent 20ed +2 str -15req jewl,

i think u might be unsatisfied if this is the case,

u will need to collect much more $$ items how patient are you?, i guess im saying; if ud like to get dueling sooner u could try a diff char

Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject:  

6 shael war axe is still range 3.
SSIKness666

2.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: lvl 30 Mauler item adjustments

Jerkazoid wrote:
u will need to collect much more $$ items how patient are you?, i guess im saying; if ud like to get dueling sooner u could try a diff char

i have many nice max/ar and lifer scs on nl on my 30 zealer tho i don't want to have to keep stripping chars. i'm not fussed if my druid isn't well equipped with great charms, just so long as i can use him reasonably in pubs, and get a feel for him, and possibly remake or w/e.

ty for your input however =)
SSIKness666

2.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject:  

Grim04 wrote:
6 shael war axe is still range 3.

yes but i was quoted using a crowbill instead of naga and dime. dmg on the

tho i'm a lil sceptical now when i notice this:

14 average dmg and req str of 67 for the war axe, when compared with:

24 average dmg and req str of 94 for the crowbill.

so i'm spending 27more str, just for +10 to average dmg.

that doesn't seem worth it. those stats could do better off in vit perhaps.

what do you all think?

ty
Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject:  

sacrificing +20max for 27stats
(remember the stats also lower ed%)

how about militay pick then? 9avg from 14avg..
-5avg to save another 18stats

once u relate it to %'s; how much %dmg do u loose and how much %life do u gain from this exchange?

also, might not be right on this, but Life has a diminishing effect. while dmg experiences an asymptotic increase.

SSIKness666

2.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject:  

ok so a 6 soc military pick and war axe are easier to come by, but if it was your char, what would u go with? even if it was the military pick to see how much life you get, i'd be keen to know what u think.

ty
Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject:  

i dont see any problem with dropping a little dmg to a mil pick just from a guess, cept range, so i think a 6sheal war axe is the better middle, save some stats but still get r3.

iv never made a mauler so i dont know the baseline setup nor the ideas on improving it; i mentioned wolf fhr bp's... maul is a BEAR.. durrrrrr
so i already failed. after looking over these setup variations, its way too complicated for me to gloss over these sorta numbers.

i checked some threads in the search.

http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?search_id=369896430&t=18456
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?search_id=369896430&t=15514
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=35486&search_id=369896430&start=15
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?search_id=369896430&t=40873

most people say go for life.
your AR will suck so u need to think on that.
i dont recomend visionary i think 19maul +3helm for 230%ar is the way to go and a 30% mod is only effective 13% on a dimishing return
maybe sheal whistsans would help overall 5frame block... ?
go for max 5frame attack speed ofcourse.

Squirlz

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject:  

Whistsnas will save stats but you are loosing valuable dr. My mauler has about 2k life and 4.4kar. I use a dimensional blade for the little more damage but not as high str req but it only has a range of 2 like the military pick. I wish i had more ar but you also sacrafice life for it with charms. I originally built this as a cheap build to get me started. Now that i have the gear it is a pretty fun char. Not good vrs casters or WW barbs but a nice fun pub dueler with lots of life. You can tank pretty much any pub under lvl 48 or higher.

If i were to rebuild i would consider using a war axe, it would add a considerable amount of life. I think with my lvl of lycan i am around +200% life. so 18 stats that i would save would add about 100life, damage would be a little less because of less str and lower weap damage, but with crit you can make that up. And in that case you can use a few more max/ar charms to get the ar up which would increase your chance to hit thus increasing your damage per second. You can have 6k damage but with 3ar it does you no good. All in all i would say war axe is your best bet since you can stack up on max/ar charms.

SSIKness666

2.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject:  

thanks alot for that feedback Squirlz. that was very helpful, especially since it was hands-on advice. i have decided i'll go with the war axe option, and although i don't have any good max/ar charms on ladder atm, i can always keep upgrading as i get them, and if need be, remake.
SSIKness666

2.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject:  

well its been quite a while since i was asking info on item choices for my werebear. i have done very well and he is currently geared with 6 shael 15ed war axe, 15ed 'peace' mp, 15ed Rhyme grim shield, sanders, 1 soj, angelics, peasant crown (temp helm till i find a +3 maul pelt), bloodfists, -15%req sigs shield, spirit and +2 SS ammy for prebuff, 15%dr 14mdr string. 8 x 10max/60+ar gcs and 10 x very nice 3max/17+ ar sc's, some with mods.

i have 1013 life atm, max block, 78-512 dmg with 5564ar (without wolverine, got it tho)

i was thinking tho.. now my gear setup is good, should i ditch the peace for a 3/80 armor with maxers, and ditch the soj for a 2nd angelic ring? perhaps also exchange a few max/ar scs for 15lifers?

ty
Squirlz

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject:  

you life seems a little low. I would swap out some max/ar charms for lifers. Also try the other angelic since you will be loosing some AR. I would shoot for 1500 life and see what your ar comes to. Also add heart of wolverine and let us know what everything is.
SSIKness666

2.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject:  

Squirlz wrote:
you life seems a little low. I would swap out some max/ar charms for lifers. Also try the other angelic since you will be loosing some AR. I would shoot for 1500 life and see what your ar comes to. Also add heart of wolverine and let us know what everything is.

i have 1 point in heart of wolverine, just that when dueling other fps based melee chars eg zealers, the spirit gets killed in 2 secs.. i would love to use my other angelic. i did try it out but i lost a bit of dmg without the soj but my dmg is still over 450 max. i'll definately give it a shot. i do however need 20fhr more till i reach 86 (2nd best bp) and i'm quite keen to see how i fair against the same chars. i was thinking shael'n my peasant crown, just as a temp thing. easiest way to get the further 20fhr without getn fhr/max/ar charms. even though i'm diso a +3 maul maxer helm or 'lore' with +3 maul base, or +3 maul + 1 druid or +2 SS helm or similiar, Pcrown is very good for now.

ty for your imput =)

edit: i just realised, without the soj my Crit strike will drop from 32 down to 28%. which starts to sound like i'm swinging towards using max/life armor. i duno if i've got enough to get a 3/80 but something over 6 will be nice, and i'll be able to put 1 shael, 2 x 15maxers i have, or 1 shael, maxer, pruby, to make up for the loss of fhr from peace.
Page 1 of 2 [23 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: