LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:16 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
'Attacker takes dmg of' char
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
SSIKness666

2.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject:  'Attacker takes dmg of' char
Subject description: would this work?

i'm interested in making a char that focuses on the 'attacker takes dmg of' mod. how bout a 3 pskull shield (whichever one is better for %block for the char in mind) 3-4 amn armor. i have an artisan's light plate of stability (24fhr) so that would be handy perhaps and then put 3 amns. or an artisan's gothic plate of the squid (60life) since in don't have a 3soc 80lifer arm.

so far that would be 84 dmg all up. i wouldn't wana make a smiter cuz we all know what smiters are like.. next my gear would possibly look like this: sigons gloves + helm for the vision mod bonus and the 30ias bonus, 15dr string (ofc), sanders boots, or perhaps switching sigs helm for something else and using sigs boots for the bonuses instead. i have a magical Visionary great helm of balance (vision mod and 10fhr) that could get 2 socs. that is another 28 dmg via the use of 2 more amn's. the dmg total is now 112. a pali would be more viable with the use of 'thorns' aura for added 'attacker takes dmg of' dmg, and holy shield more block since the shield is mainly for dmg.

so far, is this sounding like it could well work? if so, i'd appreciate any feedback =)
clan_iraq

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject:  

http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=42946
Luxuria

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject:  

Tried amn runes. Sol runes gave me a better result. Although what i used was a Sorceress not a Paladin. Afaik [correct me on this], the ATD mod, does not activate when the attack misses, or blocked, unlike Shiver Armor which hits regardless.

This char can be mutilated by Ranged Chars, so you should find another way to kill someone [or to make it faster].
clan_iraq

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject:  

Use amn runes and pskulls (shield) on a thornadin, use sol runes and +skills on a shiver sorc.
Scraper

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject:  

I was thinking of something similar to this build, however instead of the skulls and amn runes, i was going to opt for IO runes for the +10 to vitality, i can get a total of 170 vit bonus. I need to know however if i can rely solely on the thorns to return enough dmg. If not, this build is then pretty much useless. My idea came from the obvious problem of having a thorns pally which is needing to take dmg to give dmg. But with just under 2k life at lvl 35, this pally should tank pretty much and LLd shots easily.

Please let me know what you think
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: