LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:44 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Bow Sin
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject:  Bow Sin  

Helm: 2 Sin/20Fcr/2Soc Circ (Cham and Shael)
Armor: Enig
Weapon: Widowmaker
Rings: 1x Fcr/Stat and Soj
Amu: Highlords
Gloves: Trang
Belt: Arach
Boots: Shadow Dancer

6x Shadow/Life Gcs
3x Shadow/Fhr Gcs
3 Max/Ar/Stat Scs
So I'll hit 9fpa with BoS, 1.4k venom (w/o prebuff, with prebuff close to 2k), 3k life with 6 bo cta.

So? How does she look... I'm trying to get some feedback.

65 Fcr bp and 86 fhr bp.

She looks good enough for pubs.

I'm going to try to assemble her items... any suggestions?
Ehhh

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject:  

What's in your bow, and what other skills will you be using?
Seems like you're wasting a lot of strength just to get the Shadow Dancers. You could, instead, use something like Imps or Treks if you're against dupes, then replace the Shael in your circlet with a 15res/15ias jewel. That way you don't need to Shael or 40/15 your bow, and can use a Nef or Um instead. Then stick with 48 FHR (Treks + FHR GCs), because that's enough most of the time.

Life sounds low, but that's probably because you're pumping strength for Dancers and not using life SCs. Sins are not big hitters and require a bit more survivability, especially a shoot and run type build like this. 3/xx/stat SCs are pretty horrible considering they give you 2 stats max and +3 max damage SCs aren't going to do this build much good anyhow, so use life/mana or just plain life instead. I would personally ditch the SoJ for a Ravenfrost and replace the Cham with an all resist/other mod jewel; you'll get a little less damage, but more life, more resists, and probably about the same mana.

With that build you're going to have one hell of a time against elemental damage, and you're not going to kill as fast as you might think. Is 1.4k Venom after the +25% from Trangs? You'll take out low poison resist characters pretty fast, but anyone with max resist and a decent amount of life will be tough.

One tip for this build is to always keep a shadow master out for minion stack. If it gets killed, tele away and recast.

My 2c.
Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject:  

Nef rune in the bow. With BoS, I only need 10 ias to his last bp, which highlord gives.

+2 Venom/BoS seems too good to pass up.

Ya, that's after trangs. If I get some nice prebuff claws, I'll hit 2k Venom (but I won't be prebuffing often).

The 10x 3max/ar gives about 100 physical... and I chose 2 stat because well, I'm not going to dump 3/xx/life scs into her when I need to finish my WolfBarbs charms.

I'll think about the Raven though, because that will let me get rid of the cham rune... but I do love Sojs.

Thanks for the advice.
Ehhh

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject:  

Right, I forgot about Highlords, but you could also use a Mara's instead if you use a 15ias/15res jewel, giving you more resist and more Venom. Your physical damage will be low and DS isnt' going to do much for you anyhow. 100 max physical is very little in HLD by the way, assuming you're talking about +100 just in the character screen. Plain 20 life scs aren't hard to come by and they'll be a lot more useful than a 3/xx/2stat.

+2 BoS from Dancers makes no difference when the skill is already high, the +2 Venom is nice, but you'll have much more life if you don't pump strength just so you can wear them. 1.4k Venom doesn't do nearly as much as you might think it does, and +2 Venom doesn't really make or break it either. My Ghost sin does about 1.4k venom and it takes a while to kill people, but it works because I can stun them to hell while I slowly bleed them out and kill them.

No offense, but she doesn't look good enough for pubs in my opinion. Pubs are hectic, and a fragile build like this won't survive unless you're fighting a bunch of lv70 pvm characters.
Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject:  

She looks fun though, that's the point.

I've changed her up.

5k Lit Traps
1.4k Venom

Since I'm going to use spirit for bo, I'll be getting high str anyhows, so the 25 dex from my shadows are nice, plus I already bought them... lol. Also the fhr is important.

I'm going to be using a 2sin/10fcr/Stats amu, instead of the fcr ring now I'll be using Rfrost, and a 15ias/15res jewel instead of the cham.

I have most of the gear for her right now, hopefully she'll be done in the next few days.
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: