LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:41 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Conc Barb questions
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
Luxuria

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject:  Conc Barb questions  

i'm making a lvl 29 Conc Barb and im looking for some feedback if im doing things right/on track

Skills: I'm still at a loss on the excess skills but here goes: [normal rush=32 points]
12 Concentrate
6 Battle Orders
1 Bash
1 Stun
1 Howl
1 Shout
and 10 More extra skill points

My question is: will adding more points for Bash or Putting Skill points on a certain Weapon Mastery will give more damage?

10 weapon mastery will give: 73% damage, 100% AR and 17% Critical Strike
10 Bash will give 50% synergy damage to Concentrate

I'm leaning to put it to weapon mastery, is it good or bad?

Stat-wise its pretty same as all other LLD builds
Str=reqs
Dex=reqs or till 75% block
Vit=rest of stats
Ene=none.

Items:
Peasant Crown or Barbhelm +3Conc +2Bo [3/4 slot] (whatever I can find)
Spirit Shroud
Angelic Ammy and Rings x 2
Bloodfists
String of Ears
Sander's Boots
Rhyme Barbed Shield

Jewels or Gems?:
Should I use 20+Maxers or %ED jewels [i think theres a bug if you mix them together so I'm avoiding those]?
Or should I use Stat Gems [amethyst&emeralds] for more points to VIT?

Weapon's and shield Need help in this one:
6 shael'd Military Pick/crystal sword? Spirit dimension blade?

Thanks for your feedback^_^
Jozy

BNet Acct/Realm: Joz
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject:  

Go with mastey, the AR and crit strike are exelent, and it adds more damage then bash does anyway. (99% sure about that.) But the 17% crit is deff more damage (~1/5 - 1/6 swings with crit) and the added AR is just...better then a few points of damage (if im not correct.) so mastery just is the better choice.

And gl with the barb helm >_< best go for a high-deffense rare, eth/repair with ar/lvl and sockets would be good. Skip Spirit shroud and go with high deffence rare (your a conc barb dude...) angelics is fine, bloodfists is fine, string is fine. Sanders...meh? maybe look into certian rare boots. And Rhyme is a good choice (block and CBF) Remember as a conc barb, Deffense and LIFE are your two biggest things. Damage and AR come after that. But more damage/ar is good. Deffense is the most important, (so is max block.)

And use max or max/ed jewels, stay away from gems.

6socket Naga or rare one-hander (few bhammers out there, or a good exe sword., or trade for a good rare with nice damage (100+ and AR, at least.) Honor naga runeword is good too. there used to be a 6soc eth zod-glitch naga running around (expensive too,) but its out there. Dont forget to check the Weapon Speed Calc (http://diablo3.ingame.de/tips/calcs/weaponspeed.php?lang=english) under barbarians), and make sure you pick a weapon that you can hit a decent FPA with. Sometimes its worth it to sacrifice a bit of damgage for more attacks.

(example)
10 attacks over 50 frames @ 900 damage a swing (9000), but also a better chance of hitting (depending on weapon AR)
OR
8 attacks ofer 50 frames @ 1100 damage a swing. (8800)
Squirlz

BNet Acct/Realm: US East
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject:  

Use a Grim shield, better block% and more def. For a weapon i would use a Zweihander or a Divine Scepter Honor. Both have base -10 but no IAS. Honor also gives you +1 skills which helps in all areas.

Another thing to look at is IAS in the weapon. Like Jozy said you might loose a little damage but gain more hits. If you can find something that you can socket or has IAS already with a little less damage you might be better off.

Look at the Weapon Speed Calculator and figure out what you want to use. A little research now will help in the long run.

No spirit shroud, you could use Rockfleece if you can not find anything else. It give you DR and a little STR. But a nice Eth repair armor would be your best bet.

Magi

10.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject:  

A few additions to what others have already said:

A very good temp helm and armor option are actually shoppable: Holy Grim Helms of xxx and Holy Ornate Armor of xxx (Squid, etc). Hope for two sockets from the socket quest.

Rhyme Grim is also good. Ethereal Grims are easy and cheap enough to find and trade for. These would be an excellent defense boost as well if you were to make a Rhyme in them and use it on special occasions.

Another gear consideration is upped Goblintoes (if lvl 29 or less. i can't remember). FRW isn't that important in toe to toe. If you can build without the 15 stats they provide, and AR isn't a concern (you will get quite a bit from charms, mastery, and your main attack), then the crushing blow vs other melees as well as the much higher defense may be just what the doctor ordered. (<---wait for more feedback on this one though as I'm on-the-fence about this suggestion)

Dual Spirits or 2cry weapons for prebuff on swtich ofc.

How come no points in Iron Skin? A cool passive 40% increase in defense (with the +1 from Honor) is irresistable imho.

edit: took out the ik stuff as it's not applicable to lvl 29 builds. imma "programmed" noob sorry! Smile

Last edited by Magi on Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Luxuria

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject:  

thanks for the info guys, ill try getting those items and test it to which will ill adapt to.

btw, i cant use IK stuff, mines only lvl 29.^_^
Magi

10.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject:  

Luxuria wrote:
btw, i cant use IK stuff, mines only lvl 29.^_^

That thought just occured to me and I was coming back to edit it out. Smile If this were any other day, no one would have caught that for a few more hours. lol
Squirlz

BNet Acct/Realm: US East
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject:  

Also if you can find a +2 WC's ammy (if lvl 29) to BO with as well, then switch back to Angelic.
heprea
pokemon fanatic

BNet Acct/Realm: europe laddars
8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject:  

Squirlz wrote:
Also if you can find a +2 WC's ammy (if lvl 29) to BO with as well, then switch back to Angelic.

+2wc is 30lvl
+1barb is the only option for 29lvl chars for prebuffin.

Sad

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject:  

heprea wrote:
Squirlz wrote:

+2wc is 30lvl
+1barb is the only option for 29lvl chars for prebuffin.

Unless you cheese and use prepatch rare dupes...But thats lame.

If you can't find the high defense Armors. A fast offensive Conc barb can be effective in pubs. Using Up'd twitch for armor. You can focus more on life/damage.

Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: