LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:00 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
[18] Bowzon
Page 2 of 2 [29 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
badguts

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject:  

Thanks for the helpful thoughts. I just posted what most 18 bowas use and the easiest setup to use. I never really thought of irathas before, but its a nice thing to keep in mind. I think it would result in an overall less effective build though. It takes 45 str to even use all the irathas pieces, so your missing life or dex points there. You do get 20 frw, which is helpful, and half freeze duration. But you miss out on full cannot be frozen from deaths, 75 life from angies, and the dtm. If you think 20 frw is worth that much loss then go for it, but i wouldn't personally.
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject:  

irthas gains 20% r/w, 5min dmg, 25def and 2 ring slots
*(+45%cold res and 1/2freeze..advise you have 30%more to hit 75%)

crunching the values the distilled options irthas route is missing the following
115 life, CBF*, 20%dtm and 10%ias, 432ar, 12 replenish, 5%psn res
also costs 45 str (8 more strength over the 27 needed for twitch)

someone with two great rings** to make up just some of that life, some good mana to, and wont need cbf, this would probably be more effective.

but even with two 5dex/5str, 10life, 40mana rings, 75-xxx life is tough to accept. **2 crafted blood ring at 7strength, 20life...shear perfection i might add, just stops at -33life total, that would probably be pretty sweet though to make those rings

swordback, is a great way to add openwounds, certainly if u have your switch skills down, .. if your really going for Jab though would this compete with a zealots hits anyway?

badguts

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject:  

Jerkazoid wrote:
irthas gains 20% r/w, 5min dmg, 25def and 2 ring slots
*(+45%cold res and 1/2freeze..advise you have 30%more to hit 75%)

crunching the values the distilled options irthas route is missing the following
115 life, CBF*, 20%dtm and 10%ias, 432ar, 12 replenish, 5%psn res
also costs 45 str (8 more strength over the 27 needed for twitch)

someone with two great rings** to make up just some of that life, some good mana to, and wont need cbf, this would probably be more effective.

but even with two 5dex/5str, 10life, 40mana rings, 75-xxx life is tough to accept. **2 crafted blood ring at 7strength, 20life...shear perfection i might add, just stops at -33life total, that would probably be pretty sweet though to make those rings

swordback, is a great way to add openwounds, certainly if u have your switch skills down, .. if your really going for Jab though would this compete with a zealots hits anyway?

The for the math jerkazoid. Irathas could work but for most who are using regular to good gear angies would be better.

I like sback because of the bleed. Pure 18 jabbers can compete with zealots, but this one can't, and shouldn't even attempt it, which is why jab is actually optional. You won't have enough defense to hang with zealots, and pretty fragile life, especially if you go glass cannon. That's why i use sback. You can hit zealots with kb (always hits because lb) and slowly bleed them down, as well as the ele damage. Fbr isn't that necessary because the goal is to not get hit.
Young

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject:  

Volka, would your character happen to be on east ladder? If so, I would love to see it in game, or maybe you could just list out your items and inventory? The damage and life sound really amazing, even more so if you're not using angelics for the 75 life bonus. I'll take a screen shot of my character and post it up for you guys to critique. Currently my biggest problem is just mana. I only have a 130 mana pool, and that's with using a rare mana ring. If i could get enough mana, i would love to swap that out with a manald for some replenish and life.
badguts

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject:  

Young wrote:
Volka, would your character happen to be on east ladder? If so, I would love to see it in game, or maybe you could just list out your items and inventory? The damage and life sound really amazing, even more so if you're not using angelics for the 75 life bonus. I'll take a screen shot of my character and post it up for you guys to critique. Currently my biggest problem is just mana. I only have a 130 mana pool, and that's with using a rare mana ring. If i could get enough mana, i would love to swap that out with a manald for some replenish and life.

Thats about my mana right now. I would suggest using a gc or two. Should really help you.
Young

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject:  

yeah, i'm currently trying to sub out two of my 6 max / 7frw gc's with two 30-32 mana / 7 frw ones. They are hard to find though. I wonder how volka's ama gets so much damage and mana at the same time? even with a 50 maxer mask and 10 x 6 max gc's i only hit around 630sh max.
volka

BNet Acct/Realm: *volka *Lv-LLD. @ europe ladder /non-ladder
72.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject:  

Young wrote:
yeah, i'm currently trying to sub out two of my 6 max / 7frw gc's with two 30-32 mana / 7 frw ones. They are hard to find though. I wonder how volka's ama gets so much damage and mana at the same time? even with a 50 maxer mask and 10 x 6 max gc's i only hit around 630sh max.

its at europe softcore ladder and all the mana comes from 2x rare rings and 13 sc's. using 9 gcs with max/ar/life or frw (im keeping some frw and lifers in stash to get the right mix for the each opponent.

oh and you could even use some rare 1passive/magic amu with life/mana/adds, forgot to add that. That way you could get like 60life/180 mana/15life repl + 30 stats maximum only from jewelery, not to forget the ar and +1 skill as well as some resis. im really no fan of anglics on a lvl 18 bowie ^^

you can wisper me on d2jsp (same acc name "volka") when you wanne see her ingame since im not checking lld101 pm's so often ^^

edit:
Jerkazoid wrote:

the thing is that irathas gives easy 20 frw while the equal about 3x frw/max gc's are like a thousand times harder to get; as well as mana over rings is imo easier to get then over sc's which i personaly prefer over mana/stat gc's in inventory.
sure in the end calculation anglics might give a lil better life; you calced the frw in btw? 20 frw = about 2.857 x gc's = about 57 life when all gc's are 20 life
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject:  

volka wrote:

you calced the frw in btw? 20 frw = about 2.857 x gc's = about 57 life when all gc's are 20 life

no i didnt show that,
i noted that Irthas is probably more effective
cost would shift to a focus on rings

+7strength 20life lvl 18 rings are possible and would be realllly sweet... i tried crafting a bit last night and got about 3 pretty cool rings,, though it took 100 tries. (SP),, but i think rare 40mana, 5str/5dex/xenergy would be supreme

volka

BNet Acct/Realm: *volka *Lv-LLD. @ europe ladder /non-ladder
72.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject:  

Jerkazoid wrote:
volka wrote:

you calced the frw in btw? 20 frw = about 2.857 x gc's = about 57 life when all gc's are 20 life

no i didnt show that,
i noted that Irthas is probably more effective
cost would shift to a focus on rings

+7strength 20life lvl 18 rings are possible and would be realllly sweet... i tried crafting a bit last night and got about 3 pretty cool rings,, though it took 100 tries. (SP),, but i think rare 40mana, 5str/5dex/xenergy would be supreme

yea, i had the luck to get a 119ar/4str/9ene/9life/34mana/6% fres ring which i use as main and keep the second swichable for manalds, ar/mana/liferepl ring or a ar/mana ring with some better resis. (only 1 fg in a hld'ers mulesellout Wink )
Young

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject:  

my bowie currently uses ten max damage / 7frw grand charms and 10 15 hp / mana small charms. two of the small charms only have 2 mana, the rest vary from 4-6. I've been trying to gamble a level 18 circlet, best ive gotten so far is a 38% fire resist / 20 run walk. Really hoping for a drake's circlet of haste.
badguts

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject:  

Young wrote:
my bowie currently uses ten max damage / 7frw grand charms and 10 15 hp / mana small charms. two of the small charms only have 2 mana, the rest vary from 4-6. I've been trying to gamble a level 18 circlet, best ive gotten so far is a 38% fire resist / 20 run walk. Really hoping for a drake's circlet of haste.

I would keep that circ in your stash and pull out when you come across fissure druids or fire sorcs. They are really handy.
Young

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject:  

thanks for the advice, i think ill just throw in some regular 15 maxers then. would you rather use that circ and keep the cow kings over putting on hot spurs?
badguts

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject:  

Young wrote:
thanks for the advice, i think ill just throw in some regular 15 maxers then. would you rather use that circ and keep the cow kings over putting on hot spurs?

yes, because hot spurs are bad mannered and you will get all living hell flamed out of you and be denounced as a dumbass for using them.
Young

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject:  

fair enough. how about when ES max block fireball sorcs use string? thats not very fun for level 30 bowazons either.
Page 2 of 2 [29 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
Jump to: