LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:10 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Oops? lol...
Page 1 of 3 [39 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject:  Oops? lol...
Subject description: Verbal harassment?

Ok, somebody on my myspace started posting political bulletins, so I decided to refute them. It didn't take long before the guy got butt hurt and started making it personal, so I returned the favor. After a series of four bulletins, I get a message from his mom saying she was going to tell my mother and inform our school. This of course makes me die of laughter, and I let her know. I'm wondering if I could be in any real trouble.
I never threatened him at all, just made him sound really dumb.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Slippery

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject:  

the school has no legal standing.

this took place on a public website that involves political views.

im guessing your in high school in which case they are not allowed to discuss political views at all.
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject:  

Depends on how far they want to take this, if you insulted either of them (the guy or his mother), they could sue you for Libel.

Anyways, the school is probably going to try some bullshit and get you in trouble if they get involved.

I'd fight it, since they have no power over anything you do outside of the campus.
sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject:  

I don't think they can involve the school unless you were at school while posting on myspace.

oooooh myspace drama Rolling Eyes

Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject:  

if u live in a conservative small town they may burn you like a witch

wait sue for libel? wank u are both under 18 right?

i wouldnt worry...punishment usually fits the crime. (unless they burn you).
there was no crime , so any punishment will be parent to parent "discussions" and your parents might say "no more being an ass on myspace ok?"

but if the other kid now hates you, school fights happen

the lesson here young GI joe prodigies is keep real life circles in the dark about personal views, .... in the meantime vent secrets, anger and politics anonymously online where no one actually knows you or cares. <thumbs up>

Goky

1.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject:  

Paste the log!
Slippery

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject:  

Grim04 wrote:
Depends on how far they want to take this, if you insulted either of them (the guy or his mother), they could sue you for Libel.

Anyways, the school is probably going to try some bullshit and get you in trouble if they get involved.

I'd fight it, since they have no power over anything you do outside of the campus.

when suing for libel you have to prove that he had malicious intent with what he said, as in he meant to damage the kids reputation in a harmful way.

if he is just insulting a kid and his mom its just his opinion.

if he was telling other people the insults about the mom/kid in an attempt to ruin their lives, thats libel.
Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject:  

You don't need to prove malicious intent for libel, it's easier if you prove that and/or prove that the comment damaged them financially.

I know of a case where someone got sued for slander because he got in an argument with his neighbor during a neighborhood meeting (yes, it's true. I work for an insurance company and I hear these stories).
Wank

57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject:  

Heres the message. I'm jermygermm btw

Quote:
----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Nov 3, 2008 9:51 PM

I'm afraid I haven't a clue of what you're talking about. But my favorite cartoon character Naruto says "Believe it!" a lot, do you like that show too?!?! Whats your favorite episode?

Date: Nov 3, 2008 9:48 PM

Your bulletin you just posted see you real real soon now there will be something done believe it

Date: 04 Nov 2008, 03:45 AM

If you were offended, you would stop messaging, or even block me. Don't pull this "I'm the victim" crap, grow up. If Shawn's feelings are genuinely hurt, I will issue him the most sincere apology. But realize freedom of speech goes both ways.

Date: Nov 3, 2008 9:39 PM

You know who i am jeremy you have met me and mr sharpless if you harass or if anybody is to say something to him we will press harassment charges on you you disrespected me just now again we will see how this goes with your mom and dad or even school

Date: 04 Nov 2008, 03:35 AM

That's nice.

Date: Nov 3, 2008 9:33 PM

Listen up now your in trouble ill be talking to your mom soon and ill be printing these pages shawn dident mean anything offensive you took it out of context you just disrespected an adult a grown man and woman well be seeing you soon

Date: 04 Nov 2008, 03:28 AM

Your opinion conflicts with your other opinion, thats the problem. You claim God because you think its something cool to do; you don't act like it in any way. Name calling isn't christ like? Perhaps you should take another look at your bible. Nothing is wrong with the truth, no matter how brutal it is.

Date: Nov 3, 2008 9:25 PM

it was my opinion i'm free to do that. its called freedom of speech and thanks for all the name calling ist very christ like.

----------------- Bulletin Message -----------------
Date: 03 Nov 2008, 09:01 PM

You should take another look at your bible kid.

Matthew 28:19
19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

He doesn't say sit on your butt and not spread the word. You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Ignorance and bad teeth have something in common.
Both are less obvious if you keep your mouth shut.

Date: Nov 3, 2008 10:20 PM

are u serious? over myspace? how stupid and immature

Date: Nov 3, 2008 10:13 PM

yeah well
apparently i told off the wrong person
he told his mommy
and now their talking about harassment charges, lol...

thanks though :p

Date: Nov 3, 2008 10:04 PM

jeremy your one of the smartest people i know

----------------- Bulletin Message -----------------
Date: Nov 3, 2008 8:38 PM

If you want to take a stab at me, make sure you're atleast smart enough to not fail a grade or two.

What does me being in the army have to do with disliking Obama? I'll respect the president no matter who he is.

Liking somebody and respecting somebody are completely different; like most Obama supporters you're just not capable of understanding concepts that actually take thought; which is why you support Obama.

You front like your a christian and spit in God's face with all of your actions. I'm not judging you, but you set a horrible example for nonbelievers to follow; you're a disgrace.

My bulletins...

Quote:

Date: Nov 3, 2008 8:24 PM
Subject: Don't say
Body: "In God we trust" if your an Obama supporter; he doesn't even agree with the christian ideals.

Date: Nov 3, 2008 8:38 PM
Subject: lol...
Body: If you want to take a stab at me, make sure you're atleast smart enough to not fail a grade or two.

What does me being in the army have to do with disliking Obama? I'll respect the president no matter who he is.

Liking somebody and respecting somebody are completely different; like most Obama supporters you're just not capable of understanding concepts that actually take thought; which is why you support Obama.

You front like your a christian and spit in God's face with all of your actions. I'm not judging you, but you set a horrible example for nonbelievers to follow; you're a disgrace.

Date: Nov 3, 2008 9:41 PM
Subject: Lol
Body: From Shawn Sharpless:

See what happens when you question an Obama supporter's views? They cry to their moms.

Made my day :]

I'd show you his, which were all rather funny, but he deleted them after he told me he printed mine out.

And I just really wanted to make sure, I find the whole situation hilarious. Thanks for the input. We're both under 18 Jerkazoid

Quote:
I don't think they can involve the school unless you were at school while posting on myspace.

oooooh myspace drama

A similar situation happened with a friend of mine, one threatened to beat the other up at school, so she printed everything and took it to the school. So the principles talked to her and agreed to not take any action if she deleted her myspace. If I get called to the office, I'm going to be to busy laughing to defend myself Sad

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject:  

You did get pretty professorial. Quite a laugh.

Naruto sucks -.-

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
Wank

57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject:  

Oops, the messages from maddie weren't supposed to be there. I'm a horrible c/p.

Quote:
Naruto sucks -.-

Agreed, but I decided to act childish like they were

Equipped Lvl 30's:

Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject:  

Gotta kick that Samurai Champloo ...

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
Slippery

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject:  

Grim04 wrote:
You don't need to prove malicious intent for libel, it's easier if you prove that and/or prove that the comment damaged them financially.

I know of a case where someone got sued for slander because he got in an argument with his neighbor during a neighborhood meeting (yes, it's true. I work for an insurance company and I hear these stories).

was it settled by a judge or was it thrown out?

you can sue for anything, doesnt mean you win.
Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject:  

Slippery wrote:
Grim04 wrote:

It was settled, we ended up paying out on his Umbrella policy for damages. It's retarded really.
Slippery

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject:  

Grim04 wrote:
Slippery wrote:
Grim04 wrote:

It was settled, we ended up paying out on his Umbrella policy for damages. It's retarded really.

wow thats really lame, you rarely ever see slander/libel cases being settled because they are so hard to prove.
Page 1 of 3 [39 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: