LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:41 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Importance of Faster Block Rate?
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
Phyre

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder SC
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject:  Importance of Faster Block Rate?  

Hey everyone, this is actually my first post here and I'm also fairly new to LLDing so please bare with me.

As of right now, I'm on the second incarnation of my LLD sin. She's not doesn't really follow the rules listed here, she's more for pubbies mainly because I took her to level 31 to use the IK set. Felt inclined to do so after getting beaten badly by at level 29 by another 31 kicker using the IK boots/belt/gloves.

After leveling to 31 and slapping on the IK gear, I still wasn't winning much and after numerous gear swaps I couldn't figure out why. I had more life, AR, damage, 5 kicks as opposed to his 4, etc. After a good hour or so of testing, I finally figured out what it was. As far as I can tell, it was the 40% faster block rate he had on his Rhyme shield that my Elded Sigon's shield was missing. I put on a Whitstan's that I had in my stash and all of a sudden I started winning.

Now for the questions:

1) Has anyone else noticed this? Am I just getting lucky or does faster block rate actually make that much of a difference?
2) If it does, is there any reason to keep my whitstan's as opposed to getting a Rhyme myself? I have CBF from my Spirit Shroud already, but I'll keep wearing it anyway for the +1 skills.
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject:  

I've personally never really noticed a difference.

Whitstans has a better block rate than rhyme, plus it requires less pts into dex for max block.

I suppose if both of your gear and charms were about equal, then it probably would come down to block rate and seemingly small things like that.

I'd use SoE + whistans + Spirit shroud if I were you, because whits will save you quite a few dex pts which you can spend in vit instead.

Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 2:59 am    Post subject:  

Knarl wrote:
if both of your gear and charms were about equal, then it probably would come down to block rate and seemingly small things like that.

id agree, with similar stats in the end its those lil difference that can tip the otherwise equal balance.

now there is a 29 kicker who uses sigons and owns my whitsans build and we have bascially the exact same stats for dmg/life/chance to hit and pretty much everything.. its baffeling to me.

seeing FBR work statistically is very difficult to predict ....it has to do with how your attacks overlap eachother ... (even uniteruptible attacks have a point when they can be interupted and must perform blocks or even hit recovery)

on assasins.. the whitsans is gonna equate to a 40% faster block animation then sigons. this is great for getting the head start.

in 1,09 for instance using a BSOD on my Zon was a bad idea against another zon who had the extra 20ias on her javs. (i needed that extra frame to help keep me from hitting a potential block-lock/dodge moment)

ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

BNet Acct/Realm: *ATOMICMAN-LLD USEastNL Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 4:56 am    Post subject:  

faster block only really help builds with slower attacks, you can notice a difference but its not all that great...

I am the bullet in the gun
I am the truth from which you run
I am a silencing machine
I am the end of all your dreams...
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: