LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Diablo 3
LLD in Diablo 3
Page 1 of 3 [31 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
FudGe

BNet Acct/Realm: *MaStEr_FuDgE, jacquesstrap on D2JSP
2.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject:  LLD in Diablo 3
Subject description: What will it be like?!

Anyone planning on VLLD/LLDing in D3? Thoughts? Concerns?

Do you think G-rushing will still be available?
Will Blizzard recognize that there are a lot of individuals interested in LLDing on D2, and cater to it in D3?

Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject:  

yes i plan on LLD in d3 anyway possible.

i doubt they will give it any more "focus" then before, though designers are aware of the low level stuff.

they are more then happy to make the game awesome anyway they can, but do they focus on LLD? not really bc (here is the big answer)..."its just a matter of demand" (words from designers at blizzard) personally i prefer LLD being a bit more unusual, though if it became a mainstream phenomenon, thats fine too.

FudGe

2.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject:  

Oh I know that they will not base the game around it, theres no question in my mind about this.

I think you phrased it a little better...will the designers be aware of the low level stuff and that it is desireable for some people.

One of my major concerns would be will there be limits placed upon how far you can advance in the game past a certain level? (compareable to g-rushing in D2)

Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject:  

LLD has never thrived off of grushing afaik.

As for other things, I prefer them not to cater to llders. Makes the gear more unique, instead of a bunch of insights and spirits on everyone. Suppose I just don't like runewords.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
FudGe

2.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject:  

it doesn't depend on it, but it can certainly limit how effective certain characters can be.

Wank

57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject:  

I make not so common builds all the time on west nl and have to fight hell rush all the time and still win. It's not because I'm an exceptional dueler either.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
KnightXENO2

BNet Acct/Realm: West Ladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject:  

Well I think fudge means 2 things:
vlld would be considerably harder without a hellrush

For all the rest, if they get really draconian about lvls and progression you might not be able to get a lld all the way to the end of a difficulty for example, but be stuck in a certain act unable to progress (if D3 even uses difficulties).

Honestly I don't think they will do that....... but they have been unpleasantly surprising me of late :/

P.S. If anyone is wondering where I've been... blizz owned me. I was using a wi-fi connection from NJ to play d2 (I was leeching it from somewhere in the building) and it was free but as a result I lagged alot randomly and got dropped from games usually several times a night. Well that person moved out and I got cable internet.... but for whatever reason that new-i-never-used-it-to-play-games-before IP is permabanned from Bnet (any realm, any game). Either someone else in this appartment complex was very bad and I was exceptionally unlucky... or constantly lagging out got me banned. Either way it makes me lose the rock solid faith I always used to have in blizz :/ I emailed blizz and they said tuff, perm ban ip's never get unblocked, contact my isp... and my isp said they can't change the IP enough to matter as only one set of IPs is assigned to the appartment complex. So no idea when or if I'll be playing again.

Wank

57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
P.S. If anyone is wondering where I've been... blizz owned me. I was using a wi-fi connection from NJ to play d2 (I was leeching it from somewhere in the building) and it was free but as a result I lagged alot randomly and got dropped from games usually several times a night. Well that person moved out and I got cable internet.... but for whatever reason that new-i-never-used-it-to-play-games-before IP is permabanned from Bnet (any realm, any game). Either someone else in this appartment complex was very bad and I was exceptionally unlucky... or constantly lagging out got me banned. Either way it makes me lose the rock solid faith I always used to have in blizz :/ I emailed blizz and they said tuff, perm ban ip's never get unblocked, contact my isp... and my isp said they can't change the IP enough to matter as only one set of IPs is assigned to the appartment complex. So no idea when or if I'll be playing again.

Ouch

Equipped Lvl 30's:

Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject:  

as far as hell rushing vllds, if nobody can do it its not nearly as much of a handicap. People will just have to deal with it.

1,000th post on 12/12/07
heprea
pokemon fanatic

BNet Acct/Realm: europe laddars
8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject:  

hellrush isnt something that everyone MUST have to be able to make vlld char...

anyways, if it is possible to vlld/lld/mld @ d3 ill be there mostlikely. Also i wonder what will be the levels for vlld/lld/mld in d3 aswe dont know what are the level requiments for skills/items yet,

and we DONT know also what level is the minium level required to be able to hostile someone. Nor do we have any idea of the dueling system in d3, its possible that it will be changed into whoknowswhat D:

though i do hope that it is possible to vlld/lld/mld in d3 :3

Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject:  

but w/e can be done, shall Twisted Evil

Rampage

BNet Acct/Realm: US East
12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject:  

I personally think it would be a mistake for Blizzard to close the Rush loophole because that is what keeps a lot of PvP players playing. Can you imagine if every time you wanted to try a new character variant you had to level another character the "right" way? I would have quit D2 many years ago (and stayed away).

There has been a lot of unconfirmed talk about most items being tied to character levels instead of just stats. That could really hurl LLD and VLLD by limiting the gear available to low levels....like maybe no use of ancient armor because it is tied to the character level. I hope most stuff will remained stat based.

I am sure if nothing else it will be possible to build some form of "twinks" at the non LLDers like to call them.
Kronik_LLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject:  

It's going to be so awesome to explore each class, study the possibilities, and look at the capabilities of socketed items and stuff. I don't know how long I'll play D3 until I get into LLDing but I'm sure it won't be long. Surprised

The first thing I thought of when I heard of D3 coming out was whether or not LLDing will be compatible. I believe it'd be best to not cater to it, but rather let us discover our own ways to utilize everything, as we've done for years. After all, discovering and creating new builds is the most exciting part of LLD. It will be overwhelming at first, I'll probably study the hell out of everything once more information is released though. The early stages of LLDing should be interesting though, assuming it's viable. Crying or Very sad But let's not think like that. Wink
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject:  

Kronik_LLD wrote:
The first thing I thought of when I heard of D3 coming out was whether or not LLDing will be compatible

...says the guy who joined 3 days ago. Welcome...

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
Kronik_LLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject:  

Torrent wrote:
Kronik_LLD wrote:
The first thing I thought of when I heard of D3 coming out was whether or not LLDing will be compatible

...says the guy who joined 3 days ago. Welcome...

Plenty of people LLD without living on the forums. I've been LLDing on and off for 5 years at least, and just started playing D2 again a couple months ago. I've had multiple usernames on here that I can't even remember. So, yeah...
Page 1 of 3 [31 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Diablo 3
Jump to: