LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri May 17, 2024 3:27 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Lots of vlld sin questions
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
Waef

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject:  Lots of vlld sin questions
Subject description: Yes I read the stickies

Alright, I have some questions that aren't really answered in the sticky. Basically I'm thinking of a typical build, 9TS 7-9 CM 2-4 BoS. Now, on to my questions. (This is all assuming you have the best possible jewels.)

What would be the most ideal, a 15ed 2ar 3socket Blade Talons (already have this) with 20ED/14Max/Req-15% jewels, or a 6 socket 15ed Crystal sword with 20ED/14Max/20pd jewels? (Again assume that somehow all these jewels were perfect.) Or, some other socketed weapon? The crystal sword would have more damage, but I would lose out on the benefits from Claw Mastery.

Also, how much BoS would I need for Blade Talons? Crystal Sword?

Would crystal sword just be too slow to be viable?

Other than that, I'm thinking either a Vulpine Bone shield of Deflecting (with 2x jewels), or a 15ed 3soc tower shield with min/max/-req jewels, or a rare bone shield with fhr, deflecting, eth rep, and 2os. Any reccomendations on what would be best? I'm leaning towards the rare bone shield, but I could get more damage with the tower shield.

Also, as for helms, I can either use a 15ed 3socket crown, with min/max/-req jewels, or I can go for a rare 2soc eth rep etc bone helm. Suggestions? I'm leaning towards the crown.

Um I guess mainly what I'm looking for right now is suggestions on gear. As for body armor, I'll probably go with a 15ed 4soc ancient armor with min/max/-req jewels.

Does what I've listed seem good, or are there better options? Also, ideal place for getting level 9 rare jewels is finding it off of normal andy and rerolling on a level 13 character, correct? Sorry for all the questions, and I don't think they came out as clear as I pictured them in my head, but thanks in advance for any answers.
frylock226

BNet Acct/Realm: Master_Shake/Master_Shake2/Frylock West NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject:  

You should use blade talons over a crystal sword. The speed is better, and you get some bonuses from claw mastery.

I don't think any shield other than Pelta works because you'd be blocking too slow.

You'd probably be better off using a 3x maxed mask over the bone helm. A maxed/-req ancient armor is probably the best armor you can get.
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject:  

If you don't mind me "poaching" a little in this thread, I have a question also.

I've always been confused about how vlld kickers are made. How do the skills work so you can use ts while kicking instead of using your weapon like the description says?

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
frylock226

BNet Acct/Realm: Master_Shake/Master_Shake2/Frylock West NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject:  

I'm pretty sure you just use your wep to get the charges and then kick. IIRC the kicks get the damage bonus from TS. Not 100% sure though, I've never made a vlld kicker.
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject:  

Thanks for the quick response. Also, since I know you'll be jealous, I have the character name Meatwad on east.

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
Waef

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject:  

Ahh, I completely overlooked Pelta Lunata. That'll definitely be something I'll have to get. Although, I'm gonna end up having a few different shields probably for different situations. I guess I could use a 15ed mask, I just hate how they look lol, would much rather have a bone helm or a crown, but I guess it's a sacrifice I'll have to make. Although I think the crown could still work if 2 of the jewels had req-15%, although that would make me sacrifice another potentially useful mod on the jewel, so I'll see about that.
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject:  

only claws (and bare fist) can swipe at 7 frames, swords cap at 8 for the fastest. so that why the talons are better, speed is crucial

the helm, IF it was an eth repair 2 sock that can hit 80+ def sure,, that might be sweet,,
but ud rather have that eth-def boost come from some rare Ancient armor and get the 3 socket mask for dmg.

the vlld kicker approach i handled.
1) kick with crushflange a few times (use up about 30 mana)
2) switch to talon and swipe to charge
3) switch back to crushflange to kick with 2-3 globes
repeat 2-3 untill opponent at >40% life
4) stay on talon and just swipe till 3 globes,
5) kick
repeat 4-5 untill dead.

Waef

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject:  

Well this character isn't going to be a kicker. I'm not sure why, but I THINK ed/max damage doesn't affect kicks (at least it didn't seem to when I messed around with a char editor). So you can get more damage with attacks.
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject:  

ed% yes,
min-max no

Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: