LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:26 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Looking for good workout routines
Page 2 of 2 [26 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject:  

Well I would love to do running, but I get stomach cramps pretty well. Is it healthy to push yourself like that? To run with the massive cramp in my stomach? While I'm running I'm not as tired as when I stop. And when I stop I'm exhausted.

Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject:  

yeah, if your not in good shape you will get cramps. Also if you eat too much before you run or if you dont eat at all before you run. Buy some power bars and eat one like 45 minutes before you go for a run.

They should go away as you get into better shape.

1,000th post on 12/12/07
sPiN

22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject:  

Mimes wrote:
yeah, if your not in good shape you will get cramps. Also if you eat too much before you run or if you dont eat at all before you run. Buy some power bars and eat one like 45 minutes before you go for a run.

But what I wonder is, is the cramp telling me to stop running? Or do I push through the pain?

Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject:  

sPiN wrote:
Mimes wrote:

But what I wonder is, is the cramp telling me to stop running? Or do I push through the pain?

Depends on the severity of the cramp, only you could be able to tell. With most cramps, run them off. I'm not sure what kind of cramps you're having, so it would be difficult to advise.

It's a real pain if you ever get a stich; gah I hate those!

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
sPiN

22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject:  

Wank wrote:
sPiN wrote:
Mimes wrote:

Depends on the severity of the cramp, only you could be able to tell. With most cramps, run them off. I'm not sure what kind of cramps you're having, so it would be difficult to advise.

It's a real pain if you ever get a stich; gah I hate those!

The cramp is below my rib cage, very sharp stabbing like feeling. Enough to stop me in my tracks. But I watch stuff on tv (mtv's made) and they force them to fight through the pain. So I just have mixed feelings and such about it.

Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject:  

i dont think there is anyway for someone to continue running through that pain either, i certianly have to stop iof it happens

its believed to be spasms of the diaphragm. u have to control deep breathing better and take it a bit easier as it happens.

On inhalation, we take air into the lungs, pressing the diaphragm downward. When we exhale, the diaphragm moves up. If the body has some trapped air/gas below the diaphragm, if we've eaten too close to exercise, or if we start exercising too vigorously, the diaphragm may cramp, causing pain under the rib cage on the right side.

you can also try rollerblading instead of running, or swimming is good if you hate sweating and stinky laundry.

mastercraft

BNet Acct/Realm: MLD/USWest
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject:  

you just want to get your heart rate in the range of 140-160 for while, lets say 15-30 minutes per day non-stop. I think you might want to try out an easy start on say... an elliptical and once you get some habit going, jog a mile every other day. When things become somewhat comfortable, increase your workload. You probably want to buy a heart rate watch to monitor your heart rate too. Mine costed $50 but ive seen them at 30 at sports authority.
Oh and for that cramping, Ive heard that potassium prevents it for the most part (something like it aids in muscle function). Look for bananas, pomegrants, kiwis, and some protein bars might have some.
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject:  

sPiN wrote:
Well I would love to do running, but I get stomach cramps pretty well. Is it healthy to push yourself like that? To run with the massive cramp in my stomach? While I'm running I'm not as tired as when I stop. And when I stop I'm exhausted.

There's a diff between muscle burn and muscle pain.. Push through the burn and stop for the pain Smile
sPiN

22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject:  

Belarathon wrote:
sPiN wrote:

There's a diff between muscle burn and muscle pain.. Push through the burn and stop for the pain Smile

I don't want to burn my muscle I want to burn my fat Confused

Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject:  

are you joking lol.. muscle burn doesn't mean you're actually burning your muscles away ... it just describes the feeling of your muscles being torn or whatever which is how they grow.. they get ripped and torn from working out then repair themselves stronger than before
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject:  

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
Page 2 of 2 [26 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: