LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:16 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
So, I dropped out of school.
Page 4 of 4 [58 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject:  

Actually, I believe some of the smartest people that have lived weren't very good speelars. Although, that was a funny way to spell nonchalant lat.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
mastercraft

BNet Acct/Realm: MLD/USWest
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject:  

Id like to know who thinks their time spent playing diablo was time wasted.
Im sure theres a few plausible reasons people can conjur up.
Dan The Man

18.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject:  

Heh, you're not alone I too am in the verge of getting my GED. For my future's sake.

I have gone through an orientation with no obligation to sign up and they explain the whole process. From what they say you take an assessment test: inline with the real test, which tests your knowledge of the basic subjects like Math, English, Health, Civics/Social Studies and Economics, to see where you are at.

I took it and it takes awhile, about 35-45 minutes for each subject, so about 4-5 hours to complete the whole GED test. They said I actually did very well but took 25 minutes too long with the set time limit. Thats the thing I hate about test taking, freakin' time limits. The way I see it, if you know it then you know it, there shouldn't be time limits to show if you know the material. Anyways, like I said the test shows subjects that you are weak at. I was above average on all but the Math. So if I did sign up for the GED program, they said I would have to study Math booklets, worksheets and all that crap.

Its not something where you just sign up to take the test right away and pass or fail. I really wish it was that way. But the program offered in my area is a process of coming in for weeks to study your weaknesses and prep for the test with tutors to help you out. Answer to your question is it tough? Depends on "you" really. Its just basics they throw at you. Hope you do well, myself too....
Mr.Snuggles

BNet Acct/Realm: North Carolina (Sadly)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject:  

I understand this thread is a touch old but I figured I'd put my two cents in.

I also droped out in 10th grade, my school decided to screw me out of my credits so it was either repeat the 10th grade or drop out. I pretty much waited a year and a half to get my GED. IT was pretty basic English, probably 9th grade. Algebra II math. Science and Social stdies were mostly just read the passage and answer. All you need to know are the basic terms.

I G?ot my GED about a year ago, I was in colleg until I moved. I'm hoping to get into Johnson And Whales eventually, but for now, due to money restraints I'm only in a community college which doesn't seem to bad. I'm also turning 19 in December, so I was in college while all my school mates were still graduating (They just graduated this year).

Honestly, I hated dropping out. At the same time though, it didn't hurt me to badly.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject:  

Mr.Snuggles wrote:
Honestly, I hated dropping out. At the same time though, it didn't hurt me to badly.

OH THE IRONY LOL!!1

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject:  

*Cue Wank's spelling joke insult*

Oh, wait, that was just because I said it...NOW it can be funny.

edit: its just a joke, no need to blow it out of proportion.

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
xxx-baba-xxx

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject:  

give us an update on how your career in construction/mechanics is going a few years from now.

seriously.... how do u expect to make it without a good degree?
ulez

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject:  

DiPLOMAT wrote:
idiots and failures??? can your dumb naive ignorant fucking ass even begin to fathom the way you would be living right now if it wasnt for those "idiots and failures" you fuckin twerp... its because of those "idiots and failures" that you can even pursue a GED... its because of those "idiots and failures" that you can be so fuckin lackadaisical as to sit on your ass and ask questions about one of the most easily obtainable educational standards.. its because of those "idiots and failures" that instead of fighting tyranny or opression on your doorstep, you can go save a fuckin pigeon or gerbal in the local park... you are nothing... a complete failure to our working society, a complete idiot amongst your peers... and you couldnt tell a canis lupus from a canis lupus familiaris without consulting google first, you fuckin goo goblin.. more or less a duck from a goose.... just be a stay at home son... help yur ma with the dishes and laundry and call it a wrap

Truth.

Spin, you're an oblivious and ungrateful prick.

a vet? ha.. goodluck with that.
Goky

1.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject:  

I know a guy who dropped out in 10th grade, got his GED, and is now pursing a PhD in physics at UC Berkeley!
xxx-baba-xxx

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject:  

DiPLOMAT wrote:
idiots and failures??? can your dumb naive ignorant fucking ass even begin to fathom the way you would be living right now if it wasnt for those "idiots and failures" you fuckin twerp... its because of those "idiots and failures" that you can even pursue a GED... its because of those "idiots and failures" that you can be so fuckin lackadaisical as to sit on your ass and ask questions about one of the most easily obtainable educational standards.. its because of those "idiots and failures" that instead of fighting tyranny or opression on your doorstep, you can go save a fuckin pigeon or gerbal in the local park... you are nothing... a complete failure to our working society, a complete idiot amongst your peers... and you couldnt tell a canis lupus from a canis lupus familiaris without consulting google first, you fuckin goo goblin.. more or less a duck from a goose.... just be a stay at home son... help yur ma with the dishes and laundry and call it a wrap

omg everything this guy posts is dumb.
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject:  

xxx-baba-xxx wrote:

Who are you?

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
xxx-baba-xxx

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject:  

just a noob that knoqws a dumb guy when he sees one
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:

omg like i so totally agree!

You retard, how is Diplo dumb? I'm sure it hurts his feelings, since it came from someone who sounds like a jr high school girl.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Page 4 of 4 [58 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: