LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:07 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
So, I dropped out of school.
Page 2 of 4 [58 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject:  

You can take alternative jobs in the military that don't involve killing people...

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject:  

Torrent wrote:
You can take alternative jobs in the military that don't involve killing people...

Being involved with the military is murder enough.

Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject:  

sPiN wrote:
Torrent wrote:

Being involved with the military is murder enough.

Dictionary.com wrote:

mur·der :
–noun
1. Law. the killing of another human being under conditions specifically covered in law.

The only murder in the military is crooked ops. And your lazy butt would never be in that, so wheres the problem?

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject:  

You are a harsh mofo, Wank. Wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GED#Test_preparation - Basic information about the GED, if you hadn't checked that out.

http://www.testprepreview.com/ged_practice.htm - Practice test questions. If you struggle with them, then you need to study.

Incidentally, I Google'd it. Good luck - better to have a G.E.D. than nothing.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
sPiN

22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject:  

Dao Jones wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GED#Test_preparation - Basic information about the GED, if you hadn't checked that out.

http://www.testprepreview.com/ged_practice.htm - Practice test questions. If you struggle with them, then you need to study.

Incidentally, I Google'd it. Good luck - better to have a G.E.D. than nothing.

Yeah I already looked at all that stuffs, I just wanted to talk to someone who has done it first hand.

Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject:  

Dao Jones wrote:

Somebody's gotta do it Sad

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
AmishSpeedGoat

BNet Acct/Realm: Yes
38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject:  

Well im not gonna go galavanting on about how stupid of a move you made, because I think that point has been gotten lol.

But you said you wanna work with animals? How so? Zoo keeper, Vet, That one monkey scientist whos really famous but cant remember her name?
Fenald

37.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: So, I dropped out of school.
Subject description: iso advice

sPiN wrote:
K well I dropped out in like 11th grade with 10th grade credits. I think it' would be a big waste of time going back to school so I think I'm just going to get my GED. I'm just curious if anyone else took it or knows someone who took it. Is it hard? Do I need much studying? Or any other information you know about it. And to those of you who think about saying "Google it" can go burn in hell. Thank you have a nice day. Smile

edit: I dropped out ~ 2 years ago I'm now 19.

Are you serious? I dropped out in 10th grade the next week I go down to the CC am like yo dawg GED me they're like come back tomorrow brah I'm like sure thing.

I come back tomorrow sit there a few hours do some basic math write a silly essay.

A few weeks later they send me the scores and I'm like damn wut'd I do 100% that bizatch? Scores were crazayyyy except for writing, who the fuck cares about writing?

Now I'm 2 years ahead of everyone who went through highschool.

So to answer your question, no you don't need to study I'd say you have to study if you're retarded but my sister also got her GED and shes pretty fucking stupid, I mean like damn I was helping her with her math homework and shes 3 years older than me.

Quit being a loser and get your GED, 2 fucking years are you kidding me?
sPiN

22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: So, I dropped out of school.
Subject description: iso advice

Fenald wrote:
sPiN wrote:
K well I dropped out in like 11th grade with 10th grade credits. I think it' would be a big waste of time going back to school so I think I'm just going to get my GED. I'm just curious if anyone else took it or knows someone who took it. Is it hard? Do I need much studying? Or any other information you know about it. And to those of you who think about saying "Google it" can go burn in hell. Thank you have a nice day. Smile

edit: I dropped out ~ 2 years ago I'm now 19.

Are you serious? I dropped out in 10th grade the next week I go down to the CC am like yo dawg GED me they're like come back tomorrow brah I'm like sure thing.

I come back tomorrow sit there a few hours do some basic math write a silly essay.

A few weeks later they send me the scores and I'm like damn wut'd I do 100% that bizatch? Scores were crazayyyy except for writing, who the fuck cares about writing?

Now I'm 2 years ahead of everyone who went through highschool.

So to answer your question, no you don't need to study I'd say you have to study if you're retarded but my sister also got her GED and shes pretty fucking stupid, I mean like damn I was helping her with her math homework and shes 3 years older than me.

Quit being a loser and get your GED, 2 fucking years are you kidding me?

Thanks for the info. Smile

Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject:  

Wank wrote:
Dao Jones wrote:

He could be poor as balls and had to work, he could've pissed off some big dealers, his daddy could have molested him...if it's too personal to tell, then I'm assuming there's a good reason.

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
Fenald

37.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject:  

Torrent wrote:
Wank wrote:
Dao Jones wrote:

He could be poor as balls and had to work, he could've pissed off some big dealers, his daddy could have molested him...if it's too personal to tell, then I'm assuming there's a good reason.

Theres no good reason to not get your GED for 2 years if you can play d2 (or any game) at any time during it.
sPiN

22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject:  

Fenald wrote:
Torrent wrote:
Wank wrote:
Dao Jones wrote:

Theres no good reason to not get your GED for 2 years if you can play d2 (or any game) at any time during it.

I don't.

KnightXENO2

BNet Acct/Realm: West Ladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject:  

Its a fairly simple test if you paid attention when you were in school. Even if you didn't its probably a month of less (maybe much less) depending on how intelligent you are.

One of my step-brothers went the GED route although he eventually regretted it. I could tell a long drawn out story, but suffice it to say he missed out on a promotion in a very small construction company because he had: "A good enough diploma, not a real one". People often associate a GED graduate as being just barely competant in writing and mathematics [ie: they can't be trusted to follow complex written instructions, they can't write something clearly, they probably can't keep the books].

I can't remember the details on the creation of the GED (as in what kind of standards it has), but I know is often the goal for kids in special-ed since it is often expected that they can't graduate normal high school.

Do yourself a favor, get your GED quickly and get an associates degree at a community college when you can. Even completion of some trade progam.... just something to help you out and show potential employers that they aren't scraping the fail bucket by hiring you :/ You want them to assume something came up instead, not that you are lazy or mentally deficient!

Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject:  

KnightXENO2 wrote:
Do yourself a favor, get your GED quickly and get an associates degree at a community college when you can. Even completion of some trade progam.... just something to help you out and show potential employers that they aren't scraping the fail bucket by hiring you :/ You want them to assume something came up instead, not that you are lazy or mentally deficient!
This is what I meant to say in my first post. Wise advice that you should really take.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
sPiN

22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject:  

Helpful information, thanks. This can be closed now.

Page 2 of 4 [58 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: