LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Ok.
Page 3 of 3 [39 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject:  

Wank wrote:
Torrent wrote:
Yeah there's no way I'm getting into Stanford...

Thanks for the info.

Especially with that attitude.

Your sarcasm helps just as much.

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
FudGe

BNet Acct/Realm: *MaStEr_FuDgE, jacquesstrap on D2JSP
2.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject:  

Please, for the love of god, stay in America.

lld_newb wrote:
Weaj wrote:
You're only 15, there is plenty of time for you to find out what you want to do.

thats what we call procrastination xD
but i know what i want in life, i just want to mak enough money to get get by, and still live casually. Rolling Eyes
go see rock shows, maybe get drunk every known n then, sounds like the life for me Wink

That's more or less what I thought when I was your age. Frankly, you're not old enough to know what you want...you'll rethink this lil philosophy of what you want in life in a few years and probably kick yourself in the arse and ask yourself what you were thinking.

lld_newb

BNet Acct/Realm: Deserves a spam section.
70.13 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject:  

fudge!!!!

AmishSpeedGoat

BNet Acct/Realm: Yes
38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject:  

Lol America is being overran with illegal mexican immigrants. Now Canada will be flooded with illegal american immigrants. Where are all the canadians gonna go?

Ive been to canada, not to mention one of my best friends for a long time is canadian. Also, if waramps in canada, it must be cool.

The way you make yourself sound LLD is something like this:

"Im lazy, and really just dont give a shit. I kinda hope people will do it all for me but dont think they will. But I still wont risk trying. So whatever is the easiest route with the least amount of work, Im gonna take!"

Srsly.

Last edited by AmishSpeedGoat on Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chrono

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject:  

If you're 15, then by the time you earn enough money to actually move to another country on your own, your plans will have changed entirely most likely!
But just incase your plans don't change... I'm from south-western ontario and all the places around here are nice.
If you're into scenery and outdoorsy stuff (and collld winters) you'd prefer northern ontario, alberta, b.c. or the yukon.
One of these days I'm just going to leave everything here in Ontario and move to the Yukon, maybe I'll see you up there lol
KnightXENO2

BNet Acct/Realm: West Ladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject:  

lld_newb wrote:

in sicko, they took 9/11 vollenteers with health problems from their work, their medical insurance wouldn't help them, and the government wouldn't help them. So they went to cuba, and got all the care they needed for free.
the $120 inhailer a women needed for her respitory problems, it cost 3.20 peso's, or just over 5 US cents their.
the american government has been telling us lies about third world countrys, AND canada, saying that if we switched over to your, far superior, medical system, our doctors would lose jobs and our people would die.
but because of our current system, people die everyday because medicine costs to much

1 example of a scenario in that movie was.
this 1 canadian guy, he cut off all 5 fingers in a saw accident.
then the same type of thing happened to a guy in US, only he lost 2 fingers, it would cost 25k for 1 finger, and then 15k for a different finger. this guy actually HAD TO PICK which finger he wanted to save

No.... just no. Please for the love of god don't tell me you actually beleive the feces you just let out of your mouth!

The canadian and US health systems, taxes, etc are so different I just don't know where to begin. I'll prob make some inaccuracies below, ignore them please since I'm going on memory and not re-looking this stuff up.

Canadian health care is NOT "Better" than American health-care, period. It is not bad care, but its not better either. They do have universal health care, but it is supported by a much higher percent tax base (I beleive its something like 40% income tax in canada? This number is probably wrong, 40% may have been one of the scandinavian counties, but the number is high). The Canadian health care system restricts care in other ways besides income however. Reguardless of the health care system there are not enough resources to go around for everyone. This results in limits being set by: access, lines/waiting, money, etc. In England care is restricted by time. A simple procedure or office visit may not be availible to you unless you wait an obscene time (a month or longer). The Canadian system limits more by access. The GP/family practice guy is a gate keeper who limits what further treatment is availible. Physicians are paid on modified system of $ for each patient in your practice that year (aka paid more for having more people claim you as a doctor, but to keep that pay you have to see people VERY quickly/breifly).

The US medical system offers the best care in the world. It is NOT: the cheapest, the best care at every hospital, free. The big problems with the SYSTEM are inconsistancies. Health care employee salaries have been decreasing every year (especially physicians), Hospitals have been closing due to bankrupcy... all of this DESPITE medical insurance companies claiming record profits as the years pass. The costs are much higher than needed, but that can be laid on 3 main problems: american legal practices, excessive bureaucracy, and pharmacutical companies odd niche. Despite this the federal government has been increasing its medicare/medicaid coverage. Its as if they want universal health care, but none of the rest of the system reflects this (legaly, insure companies roles, etc).

1) legal practices - due to rampant law-suits, excessive caps (even some states without caps), and guilty verdicts without cause (people have won millions in lawsuits against OB/GYNs because their baby had DOWN SYDROME... a genetic defect as an example) the american physician now practices defensive medicine. This is a terrible thing for keeping costs down. Not only do physicians have to use around a third of their income to pay malpractice insureance now, but they will order un-needed tests "just to make sure, wouldn't want to get sued if I missed a cancer in a patient coming in for X (with x being something minor). Given 3-4 extra tests and a full body CT because your worried about missing something is insane if they aren't severly sick. Insurance companies bitch about the cost and take out their anger by only paying hospitals/physicians ~ 50% of their bill/costs. Due to other legal decisions, a health care provider cannot refuse to do buisness with an insure company that repays unfairly. This in turn leads to either more BS charges or passing the loss onto the consumer (no one is going to treat patients at a loss). However because of the many successful lawsuits, a doctor must still practice defensive medicine.

2)There is entirely too much administration and paper pushing in medicine today. Insurance companies wriggling out of fees, erostotic hoops one must jumpt through to get payed my medicaid/care are atleast one reason why more staff is now needed, but not the only ones. Like anything else around too long hospitals and federal programs now have un-needed people who can only justify their jobs by pushing more paper. Example: a department head when their is only one other physician, with the administator only really doing clinical work occasionally. I could go on and on. If you work in the medical field, you know the unnecessary bloat I am talking about.

3)Pharmacutical companies. They are just a very odd entity. The US goverment has some of the strictest requirements in the world for allowing a drug approval, but they aren't always all needed or make sense. This adds extra cost to R/D, and since most new drugs are developed by american companies, is passed on as huge prices on prescriptions. The rest of the world will often NOT honor these patents, and start mass-producing the new drug themselves cheaper (since they didn't have to pay for research or FDA trials). This means that US drug companies get most of their profit from american citizens only.... leading to even HIGHER drug costs. However, don't beleive big pharm is some poor abused kid. Most US drug companies are like oil companies, they will raise prices to unreasonable levels just because they can. They don't NEED to make 50% profit each year (exaggerated but its alot), but they get away with it because they lobby properly in our corrupt house/senate.

Don't even get me started on Cuba..... Their health care is NOT amazing in any way. They provide decent care for a third world country and cheaply. However, they are able to do this because: alot of the money they are spending is internation aid money (alot from the US), they are spending government money on this also in an attempt to improve their world image, their roving doctors are often doctors in training (and treat it like a residency program). Finally, they don't offer nearly everything. Please don't tell me about amazing cuban health care when I have several freinds whos grandparents died in excrutiating agony because they couldn't get cheap narcotics (pain medication).

Quote:
america is such a fuckin shit hole, ruled by corrupt, fat white old men, all they care about is money and i hate it.
canada is not a third world country and i want to live there.

So in summary, that atleast is partially right. The problems with US healthcare have much more to do with our screwed up political/legal system that healthcare itself (which is still the best in the world). Also, please don't forget the charity systems/hospitals. The guy in your example with the fingers might have gotten them both re-attached if he went to a charity hospital instead. I mean why not? I knew someone from high school who barely supports himself and is on mediciad, but that didn't stop his infant son from having 5+ heart operations and staying in the infant ICU for over a month [totally several MILLION dollars].

AmishSpeedGoat

BNet Acct/Realm: Yes
38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject:  

KnightXENO2 wrote:
lld_newb wrote:

in sicko, they took 9/11 vollenteers with health problems from their work, their medical insurance wouldn't help them, and the government wouldn't help them. So they went to cuba, and got all the care they needed for free.
the $120 inhailer a women needed for her respitory problems, it cost 3.20 peso's, or just over 5 US cents their.
the american government has been telling us lies about third world countrys, AND canada, saying that if we switched over to your, far superior, medical system, our doctors would lose jobs and our people would die.
but because of our current system, people die everyday because medicine costs to much

1 example of a scenario in that movie was.
this 1 canadian guy, he cut off all 5 fingers in a saw accident.
then the same type of thing happened to a guy in US, only he lost 2 fingers, it would cost 25k for 1 finger, and then 15k for a different finger. this guy actually HAD TO PICK which finger he wanted to save

No.... just no. Please for the love of god don't tell me you actually beleive the feces you just let out of your mouth!

The canadian and US health systems, taxes, etc are so different I just don't know where to begin. I'll prob make some inaccuracies below, ignore them please since I'm going on memory and not re-looking this stuff up.

Canadian health care is NOT "Better" than American health-care, period. It is not bad care, but its not better either. They do have universal health care, but it is supported by a much higher percent tax base (I beleive its something like 40% income tax in canada? This number is probably wrong, 40% may have been one of the scandinavian counties, but the number is high). The Canadian health care system restricts care in other ways besides income however. Reguardless of the health care system there are not enough resources to go around for everyone. This results in limits being set by: access, lines/waiting, money, etc. In England care is restricted by time. A simple procedure or office visit may not be availible to you unless you wait an obscene time (a month or longer). The Canadian system limits more by access. The GP/family practice guy is a gate keeper who limits what further treatment is availible. Physicians are paid on modified system of $ for each patient in your practice that year (aka paid more for having more people claim you as a doctor, but to keep that pay you have to see people VERY quickly/breifly).

The US medical system offers the best care in the world. It is NOT: the cheapest, the best care at every hospital, free. The big problems with the SYSTEM are inconsistancies. Health care employee salaries have been decreasing every year (especially physicians), Hospitals have been closing due to bankrupcy... all of this DESPITE medical insurance companies claiming record profits as the years pass. The costs are much higher than needed, but that can be laid on 3 main problems: american legal practices, excessive bureaucracy, and pharmacutical companies odd niche. Despite this the federal government has been increasing its medicare/medicaid coverage. Its as if they want universal health care, but none of the rest of the system reflects this (legaly, insure companies roles, etc).

1) legal practices - due to rampant law-suits, excessive caps (even some states without caps), and guilty verdicts without cause (people have won millions in lawsuits against OB/GYNs because their baby had DOWN SYDROME... a genetic defect as an example) the american physician now practices defensive medicine. This is a terrible thing for keeping costs down. Not only do physicians have to use around a third of their income to pay malpractice insureance now, but they will order un-needed tests "just to make sure, wouldn't want to get sued if I missed a cancer in a patient coming in for X (with x being something minor). Given 3-4 extra tests and a full body CT because your worried about missing something is insane if they aren't severly sick. Insurance companies bitch about the cost and take out their anger by only paying hospitals/physicians ~ 50% of their bill/costs. Due to other legal decisions, a health care provider cannot refuse to do buisness with an insure company that repays unfairly. This in turn leads to either more BS charges or passing the loss onto the consumer (no one is going to treat patients at a loss). However because of the many successful lawsuits, a doctor must still practice defensive medicine.

2)There is entirely too much administration and paper pushing in medicine today. Insurance companies wriggling out of fees, erostotic hoops one must jumpt through to get payed my medicaid/care are atleast one reason why more staff is now needed, but not the only ones. Like anything else around too long hospitals and federal programs now have un-needed people who can only justify their jobs by pushing more paper. Example: a department head when their is only one other physician, with the administator only really doing clinical work occasionally. I could go on and on. If you work in the medical field, you know the unnecessary bloat I am talking about.

3)Pharmacutical companies. They are just a very odd entity. The US goverment has some of the strictest requirements in the world for allowing a drug approval, but they aren't always all needed or make sense. This adds extra cost to R/D, and since most new drugs are developed by american companies, is passed on as huge prices on prescriptions. The rest of the world will often NOT honor these patents, and start mass-producing the new drug themselves cheaper (since they didn't have to pay for research or FDA trials). This means that US drug companies get most of their profit from american citizens only.... leading to even HIGHER drug costs. However, don't beleive big pharm is some poor abused kid. Most US drug companies are like oil companies, they will raise prices to unreasonable levels just because they can. They don't NEED to make 50% profit each year (exaggerated but its alot), but they get away with it because they lobby properly in our corrupt house/senate.

Don't even get me started on Cuba..... Their health care is NOT amazing in any way. They provide decent care for a third world country and cheaply. However, they are able to do this because: alot of the money they are spending is internation aid money (alot from the US), they are spending government money on this also in an attempt to improve their world image, their roving doctors are often doctors in training (and treat it like a residency program). Finally, they don't offer nearly everything. Please don't tell me about amazing cuban health care when I have several freinds whos grandparents died in excrutiating agony because they couldn't get cheap narcotics (pain medication).

Quote:
america is such a fuckin shit hole, ruled by corrupt, fat white old men, all they care about is money and i hate it.
canada is not a third world country and i want to live there.

So in summary, that atleast is partially right. The problems with US healthcare have much more to do with our screwed up political/legal system that healthcare itself (which is still the best in the world). Also, please don't forget the charity systems/hospitals. The guy in your example with the fingers might have gotten them both re-attached if he went to a charity hospital instead. I mean why not? I knew someone from high school who barely supports himself and is on mediciad, but that didn't stop his infant son from having 5+ heart operations and staying in the infant ICU for over a month [totally several MILLION dollars].

Holy shit. If I had an sort of attention span i would totally read and agree with you on that. But since I dont im just gonna agree and not read it.
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject:  

In America would it cost money to have a heat stroke and be sent to the emergency room and get checked out by doctors or whatever? Lol I never really thought about it until I remembered this thread... But does pretty much everything medical related cost money down there?
sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject:  

Belarathon wrote:
In America would it cost money to have a heat stroke and be sent to the emergency room and get checked out by doctors or whatever? Lol I never really thought about it until I remembered this thread... But does pretty much everything medical related cost money down there?

Hurray for insurance!

Page 3 of 3 [39 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: