LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Suggestion Box
Something to get the forum active.
Page 3 of 5 [61 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
rectty

BNet Acct/Realm: vfds rectty2 or anal-sepeage
62.81 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject:  

well the d2jsp lld section is mainly europe and easters,, ive yet to find a trade in that section...
DEERGOOSE
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

2.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject:  

Dao Jones wrote:
While the effort is appreciated, the problem remains that no one can say with certainty why the site is dying.

Now this is funny Laughing . I think I can pinpoint the time when this site started to die. This site got what it deserves.

Congratulations on running this site into the ground lol @ forum silver & lol @ minigames.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject:  

DEERGOOSE wrote:
Dao Jones wrote:
While the effort is appreciated, the problem remains that no one can say with certainty why the site is dying.

Now this is funny Laughing . I think I can pinpoint the time when this site started to die. This site got what it deserves.

Congratulations on running this site into the ground lol @ forum silver & lol @ minigames.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Welcome back, former forum troll. I'm too lazy to look it up; which banned loser might you be again?

[Edit] Actually, that took no time at all. You're Tric. Welcome back! Well, not really. You're banned yet again.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
Aqua

BNet Acct/Realm: UsWest[NL] aquabatsarecool, skankinthepit
3.14 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject:  

Dao Jones wrote:

Welcome back, former forum troll. I'm too lazy to look it up; which banned loser might you be again?

[Edit] Actually, that took no time at all. You're Tric. Welcome back! Well, not really. You're banned yet again.

No picture? I'm disappointed.

Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject:  

I played a major role in getting Tric banned imho :]

Sweet victory.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
rectty

62.81 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject:  

now this is what i was talking about..mods..quick to ban.... quick to lock. quick to be asses. u guys dont get it yet do u ??... i got another pm (jsp) not no more than 1-3 weeks, becuase i still try to send ppl. here
but still every person i have sent here gets the same damn result.
wank being his usual insultive ass self. ive yet to seen any good response from u in the longest time. regarding new ppl. sorry visual but u to.. are in this as well. u are to fast to lock new ppl yes there are rules but give it a damn break... loosen up a lil u want ppl here i send them here. i can easily say i have sent over 100-150+ ppl telling them how great this site is and yet no 1 (mods OR U OLDER ACTIVE ACC'S)
try to help stear them right.just quick to shun them. when the hell was the last time any 1 here went out there way to help the site? when was the last time any u did something great for the community?
instead of pointing your broken fingers a jsp look more to your adminstration
and old active accs. new blood is very attaniable but not a single 1 of u try do a damn thing.. just keep crying on site is dying... well i just hosted and still am the largest lvl9-30 tourney prolly seen. yes iam giving fg for the winners.(O AND CHECK THIS OUT 1 DULER WILL ALSO RECIVE A FULLY GEARED LVL 30 PALLY AND CHARMS TOO. TO THE MOST IMPROVED DUELER WHICH ISNT for the winners of tourney..
its for ( THE NEW PPL..) imagine 1 person did all that wow.. idmagine what u guys could do..... to spark things up.. yea it cost me a lil bit but so what we all have excess of gears that we wont use 95% of the time..
ill post again be sure of that... and if u decide to give me a ball so what make it 2 balls to match as i will be the only 1 around here with a real set of them...
Weaj
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder & NL *Weaj *Weaj. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
39.43 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject:  

Although I have not done anything wrong and do help from time to time, playing less and less so I don't spend as much time on the game or site, it's really appreciated that you called all the older members, assuming and myself, asses, thanks.

Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject:  

I don't help anyone? Lol, last I checked in the LLD Guides section, I had two threads, rectty: none. I'm not going to baby anyone, if you can't read the rules, you don't deserve the right to post. I don't even post regarding new people for the most part.

People like you hurt the community, sending idiots that either can't read or can't comprehend, I can't quite tell. All you do is mindlessly babble about how you failed to follow the rules and get ball'd for it, I would think you would learn... but then again.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject:  

Okay, two points here:

This site is dying because LLD is nearly dead, at least on East NL. At least as far as level 18 is concerned, there are maybe five people who still duel at level 18 regularly. I'm the only dueler who's made a new level 18 since 2007 turned into 2008 - I know, because I've dueled the same five people with my new character for five months.

Nowadays I log onto B.Net maybe twice a week at the most. I spend about ten minutes looking for games (none exist - usually it's just one LLD afk in a game), then spend another ten minutes in a game called "Low Level Duels" killing iceymf, a level 22 Cathan's sorc who tells me I cheat.

Not sure how other realms are, but LLD is pretty much dead on East NL. VLLD is even worse - there are maybe three VLLD's on East NL now. And there are maybe 10 serious level 30's - and you can usually find one of them alone afk in a game.

If you can think of any way to revive interest in a niche aspect of a dying game, feel free to tell the rest of us.

As for you recctty, I'll make you a deal:

I'll allow FG to be traded here when you tell me how much $$$ you had to donate to that site in order to get the super-special triple orange donor stars. Seriously, I thought those were only reserved for the top donors. $500? $1000?

I am actually curious about that. What's the magic number that I can spend on imaginary numbers so I can have not one but three stars next to my name?

yarly
MortisNostre
LoPF

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject:  

rectty wrote:
now this is what i was talking about..mods..quick to ban.... quick to lock. quick to be asses. u guys dont get it yet do u ??... i got another pm (jsp) not no more than 1-3 weeks, becuase i still try to send ppl. here
but still every person i have sent here gets the same damn result.
wank being his usual insultive ass self. ive yet to seen any good response from u in the longest time. regarding new ppl. sorry visual but u to.. are in this as well. u are to fast to lock new ppl yes there are rules but give it a damn break... loosen up a lil u want ppl here i send them here. i can easily say i have sent over 100-150+ ppl telling them how great this site is and yet no 1 (mods OR U OLDER ACTIVE ACC'S)
try to help stear them right.just quick to shun them. when the hell was the last time any 1 here went out there way to help the site? when was the last time any u did something great for the community?
instead of pointing your broken fingers a jsp look more to your adminstration
and old active accs. new blood is very attaniable but not a single 1 of u try do a damn thing.. just keep crying on site is dying... well i just hosted and still am the largest lvl9-30 tourney prolly seen. yes iam giving fg for the winners.(O AND CHECK THIS OUT 1 DULER WILL ALSO RECIVE A FULLY GEARED LVL 30 PALLY AND CHARMS TOO. TO THE MOST IMPROVED DUELER WHICH ISNT for the winners of tourney..
its for ( THE NEW PPL..) imagine 1 person did all that wow.. idmagine what u guys could do..... to spark things up.. yea it cost me a lil bit but so what we all have excess of gears that we wont use 95% of the time..
ill post again be sure of that... and if u decide to give me a ball so what make it 2 balls to match as i will be the only 1 around here with a real set of them...

THat was an incredibly excruciating read.

Are you honestly trying to tell the moderating team here to stop enforcing their own rules, and to not ban banned members' multi accounts? If locking some jsp spawn's thread pushes them into a hissy fit, and away from this forum, then good riddance. Im sorry, but i personally find this place much better, inactivity notwithstanding, now that its not littered with mindless jsp fallout.

heprea
pokemon fanatic

BNet Acct/Realm: europe laddars
8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject:  

really, if the mods would not ban ppl and lock their threads, this site could be called d2jsp2. The amount of spam in that forum is ridicilous(dunno how you type that).

+ this site is dying because diablo is old game really might be even older than some of the newest players in here(u never know lawl).

rectty

62.81 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject:  

well roy. u can actually donate fg. to get stars ^^. yes i belive in the rules as well... there as to be some give and take, yes they should. read.
some mods should be a lil nicer. and i wasnt really crying about the ball, shocked me more than anything. and weaj i didnt mean to insult u sorry ppl know which ppl im talking about..
and yes some the ppl i send can possiabley be idiots. but atleast im trying..
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject:  

I think everyone here appreciates your trying to revive the forum rectty - what is most likely the case is that, just as the Mods here aren't aware of the efforts that you do to introduce people to this site, you're not aware of what the Mods and other members do to promote that same goal.

But since we're all just trying to increase participation on the forum, then surely we can all get along.

yarly
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject:  

Okay. I actually wrote a stupidly long response to this thread, but once it was done, even I didn't want to go back and read it all. So, I'll sum it up here: rectty is right. I have no business being an admin here, because I do absolutely nothing for this site, and haven't in some time. Heck - I don't even play D2. So, as soon as krajee can find someone to replace me as an admin, I'll gladly be stripped of my title, and go off semi-gracefully into the land of "retired lld101 staff", where I have no responsibilities, but still get to read and post in the mod section. Very Happy

For those of you who want to read my original ridiculously long post, wherein I sum up my entire lifespan with lld101, here it is:

Dao Jones wrote:
I'm actually going to offer up a reasonable response to rectty's commentary here.

First of all, rectty, learn to type. I couldn't even read your post it was so badly put together. I'm sure what you said was sincere and genuine, but if it hurts my brain to try to interpret it, it's not going to have any impact.

Second of all, you're absolutely right. I don't do a fucking thing for lld101 anymore. Honestly, it's debatable that I ever did anything for this site ever. My entire "career" of low level dueling was maybe a year in length. I joined this site and became a troublemaker within a month.

However, despite these occasional spurts of attitude some of the admin staff (B[x] and Knarl) realized that in the end I was actually a pretty mature, responsible cat. (Despite what many people may think. Very Happy ) When lld101 was at its peak they needed someone to run roughshod over the people in Off-Topic, because it was a pretty noisy place chock-full of flaming, petty fights, and general asshattery. None of the current mod staff wanted anything to do with the place, and since I was pretty much the reigning king of O/T at that time, B[x] asked if I would moderate it. I thought it might be fun, so I said yes; thus did Dao become a mod.

It seemed to work out fairly well. Despite my coming off as an asshat at times, I'm actually one of the fairest people you'll likely meet. My goal was to keep O/T fun, yet keep out the offensive bullshit that was slowly driving people away. Sure, some of you (and even myself, to an extent) enjoyed the free-for-all that O/T was, but the truth was that this was not a good way to let O/T operate, and the petty quarrels that went on there became grudges that still to this day persist between members. I tried to cut down on the fighting, and when someone suggested the creation of the Fire Pit, I was naturally tapped to moderate that, as well.

But then, I got bored, and took a break from the site. Other things happened, time passed, etc. When I came back in Jan 2007, lld101 had already changed dramatically from the site as it was when I left. Most of the people I enjoyed chatting with were gone. Some people seemed to have openly started a war with the mod staff. The number of angry fuckheads who did nothing but wrongly agitate against the site was off the scale. This is the time that most people seem to remember me for, because I spent my time here pretty much going toe to toe with every dickhead on the site. Somewhere along the way Krajee and I were made the new admin staff to replace Knarl and B[x].

But you know what? I've been pretty much done with this site for most of a year now. I only come here because I actually feel obligated as an admin to keep the site running. But you're absolutely right, rectty. I don't do anything for the site. I don't promote it elsewhere. I don't look for ways (anymore) to try to improve it. Hell - I don't even play the game it was built for. I have no business being in charge of lld101. And honestly? I haven't enjoyed being an admin here in... well, ever. It sucks. But I do it because I have an overly developed sense of responsibility that extends to even such petty things as being a site administrator on a gaming site dedicated to a dying game.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject:  

Dao is the genie of the LLD101 lamp.

Page 3 of 5 [61 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Suggestion Box
Jump to: