LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:19 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Holiday story
Page 1 of 3 [31 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
skulls

BNet Acct/Realm: Gun Barrel, Tx. Never pick a fight with an old man, he will jus kill you.
11.97 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject:  Holiday story
Subject description: By Paul Harvey..

(This is a true story told by radio comentator Paul Harvey 7-8 years ago..)

> This true story is something that happened just a few years ago around Christmas time at USC.
>
> There was a professor of philosophy there who was a deeply committed atheist.
>
> His primary goal for one required class was to spend the entire semester to prove that God couldn't exist.
>
> His students were always afraid to argue with him because of his impeccable logic.
>
> Sure, some had argued in class at times, but no one had ever really gone against him because of his reputation.
>
> At the end of every semester on the last day, he would say to his class of 300 students, "If there is anyone here who still believes in Jesus, stand up!"
>
> In twenty years, no one had ever stood up. They knew what he was going to do next. He would say, "Because anyone who believes in God is a fool".
>
> If God existed, he could stop this piece of chalk from hitting the ground and breaking. Such a simple task to prove that He is God, and yet He can't do it."
>
> And every year, he would drop the chalk onto the tile floor of the classroom and it would shatter into a hundred pieces.
>
> All of the students would do nothing but stop and stare.
>
> Most of the students thought that God couldn't exist. Certainly, a number of Christians had slipped through, but For 20 years, they had been too afraid to stand up.
>
> Well, a few years ago there was a freshman who happened to enroll.
>
> He was a Christian, and had heard the stories about his professor.
>
> He was required to take the class for his major, and he was afraid. But for three months that semester, he prayed every morning that he would have the courage to stand up no matter what the professor said, or what the class thought.
>
> Nothing they said could ever shatter his faith...he hoped.
>
> Finally, the day came. ! The professor said, "If there is anyone here who still believes in God, stand up!" The professor and the class of 300 people looked at him, shocked, as he stood up at the back of the classroom.
>
> The professor shouted, "You FOOL!!!
>
> If God existed, he would keep this piece of chalk from breaking when it hit the ground!"
>
> He proceeded to drop the chalk, but as he did, it slipped out of his fingers, off his shirt cuff, onto the pleat of his pants, down his leg, and off his shoe. As it hit the ground, it simply rolled away unbroken. The professor's jaw dropped as he stared at the chalk. He looked up at the young man, and then ran out of the lecture hall.
>
> The young man who had stood, proceeded to walk to the front of the room and shared his faith in Jesus for the next half hour. 300 students stayed and listened as he told of God's love for them and of His power through Jesus.

Very Happy Merry Christmas All Very Happy

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.

ISO:VLLD
8min dmg jewels
dual dmg jewels
+10 min dmg eth replinish throwing spears
eth repair armor

ISO:LLD
dual dmg jewels
eth repair armor
hvy min dmg eth replinish throwing spears
+3ww barb helm
when is this thread closing?
DiPLOMAT

12.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject:  

id fight that teacher if he tried to pull some shit like that.. forcing athiesm upon students in school is a felony in my book.. punishable by a mean ass whopin and a swift kick in the teeth. gonna be a nice warm hot day in the lake of fire for that fuck.

Merry Christmas!

Goky

1.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject:  

DiPLOMAT wrote:
id fight that teacher if he tried to pull some shit like that.. forcing athiesm upon students in school is a felony in my book.. punishable by a mean ass whopin and a swift kick in the teeth. gonna be a nice warm hot day in the lake of fire for that fuck.

Merry Christmas!

hahahaha

I can't believe it took until the last days of the fire pit for me to realize how hilarious diplomat is.
oleo79

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest nonladder + ladder
4.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject:  

DiPLOMAT wrote:

Merry Christmas!

Another topic altogether, but banning prayer in schools, and now making kids call their parents "guardians" or whatever, instead of mom or dad, is really pissing me off. I hate how our school system is now. Makes me wanna home-school my kids.

DSotM
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject:  

That's sick, oleo, thanks for sharing.

LLD FIRE & KICKER GUIDE
Quote:
ISO girlfriend, atleast you don't have to fucking scan her hard drive for spyware once you've finished

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject:  

meh, religion is a joke in my books. im an agnostic. even if there IS a god, i still think religion is a joke

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject:  

If God really existed, he would have kept me from reading that story.

Merry Christmas to y'all on the east coast, and in 45 minutes to my people in the west.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
DSotM
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject:  

I believe in God and pray occasionally, but I understand what you mean. Believing in God, imo, shouldn't restrict daily lives and activities for example sex before marriage. However, I still believe in God and tomorrow I will pray and thank him.

Not to turn this into "that" type of thread, just felt it wouldn't be right if I didn't preach a little..

LLD FIRE & KICKER GUIDE
Quote:
ISO girlfriend, atleast you don't have to fucking scan her hard drive for spyware once you've finished

dragonfire_god

BNet Acct/Realm: US East NL SC
2.22 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject:  

<<<--- Homeschooled Smile

god exists, he just don't give a fuck.

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Its Not The Strong Who Survive But The Survivors Who Are Strong.

The insanity of my sin bodes within.
Weaj
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder & NL *Weaj *Weaj. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
39.43 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject:  

A Wonderful Christmas Story

oleo79

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest nonladder + ladder
4.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject:  

DSotM wrote:
That's sick, oleo, thanks for sharing.

I'm not promoting any type of religion, or Christianity, I am just against the mixing of chrch and state, as our Constitution states. I don't think you should be able to make people, or kids in this instance, act any way because it may offend one person, or make them uncomfortable, or make them question something.

zarc

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast NonLadder *fyarbeast USEast Ladder *fyarbeast1
-2.48 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject:  

see the only problem with this story is it doesn't make sense at all. Now if he were to say "if god existed he could strike me down for blasphemy" and if he got killed then hell, that would be cool. But i just think that was a pretty dumb story. sorry.

as for mixing church and state all the constitution says is "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievance"

that professor would be within his own right to say w.e. the hell he wanted, it would then be up to the school whether his employment should be reconsidered.

Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
as for mixing church and state all the constitution says is "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievance"

My problem is: they teach evolution; which is a theory, but do not teach the theory of creationalism.

Not sure if this makes sense to anybody else, but if you don't have a religion, Christianity, Muslim, Buddhist, etc., then your religion is the lack of religion, and if you teach that, how is it any different from teaching a religious belief?

Quote:

orly?

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
skulls

BNet Acct/Realm: Gun Barrel, Tx. Never pick a fight with an old man, he will jus kill you.
11.97 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Another Paul Harvey Christmas Story
Subject description: As told 20 years ago or so

This true story takes place just after World War One..

A non ranked middle weight boxer found out from his doctor that he was terminally ill and had about 3 mos to live.

He was not a great boxer and struggled to earned enough to support his wife and 2 young children.
His manager encouraged him to get a second opinion..it turned out the same..
Swearing all who knew to silence..the boxer begged his manager to set up one last fight so that he could give his young family their last Christmas together.
It so happened that the number two ranked middle weight contender was prepping for a title fight and need a couple of easy ones to get ready.
His manager was able to book him to fight the contender.
The manager approached the contender and asked him to let the fighter go a few rounds to look good for his family.. the contender replied that he was only interested in a quick win and would have no mercy..The contender said not only would he punish the fighter but would tear his head off and knock him out in the first round.
His manager begged him to train but the boxer replied training would only drain what strength he had left..
The losers purse would be the best of his career..he was excited knowing his family would have one more Christmas together.
And they did..it was the best Christmas they could ever hope for..and his wife and kids got all they could ever dream of..
The boxer died 2 weeks later..

Now..Lets back up a little..
Unable to deliver his predicted knockout in the first round..the contender was fuming and vowed to give the boxer the worst beating of his life..
Round 2, 3, 4, 5, came and went..still no knockout..the fight was over in the middle of the 7th round with the win by a KO by the boxer!!
And winners purse was 50 times greater.

As told by Paul Harvey..radio commentator

Very Happy And a Happy New Year Very Happy

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.

ISO:VLLD
8min dmg jewels
dual dmg jewels
+10 min dmg eth replinish throwing spears
eth repair armor

ISO:LLD
dual dmg jewels
eth repair armor
hvy min dmg eth replinish throwing spears
+3ww barb helm
when is this thread closing?
zarc

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast NonLadder *fyarbeast USEast Ladder *fyarbeast1
-2.48 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject:  

Wank wrote:

My problem is: they teach evolution; which is a theory, but do not teach the theory of creationalism.

Not sure if this makes sense to anybody else, but if you don't have a religion, Christianity, Muslim, Buddhist, etc., then your religion is the lack of religion, and if you teach that, how is it any different from teaching a religious belief?

Quote:

orly?

the theory of creationsim is as such "we cannot explain it, so we will use magic to explain it!"

To say that lack of religion is a religion is the same as saying not having a job is your job. It is illogical and religion is that as well... Using the bible to prove itself is the same as using a word in its own definition.

Page 1 of 3 [31 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: