LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:10 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
The LLD guides thread
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
LLD_HADES

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject:  The LLD guides thread
Subject description: this is where I will post my guides

I have lots of lld guides. Most of these are from this godly d2 player named Baranor (there, i gave him credit) These aren't always considered LLD, he was mostly interested in hardcore PKing. Some of you may have been Pk'd by chars made from this guide.

PROBABLY 90% of you guys know these guides already but some people like to have a head start to start a guide from. These guides are 100% kosher and recommended by the Surgeon General :0

FYI- This is really LLD. Most of these chars are lvl 12-20. You can adapt these guides for higher or lower dueling.

Quote:
Baranors 1.10 Low Level Dueling Library for Hardcore

This LLD guide is especially for level 9-24. Don’t look at me if things don’t work, don’t blame me, and above all, don’t bother me with it. If you think your build is better, then go kill someone. This guide is not about what idea is best; it’s about how to make a LLD-er in an effective way. Sure, there might be a more effective (expensive setup), but I’m here for some quick fun ^_^.

Here’s a list of general equipment needed for a physical damage build: If its not specified as equipment, you still need gear like this.
3-4 socket armor with + max dam jewels
3 socket mask/great helmet/crown with +max damage jewels
angelic rings+amulet for AR and life
Deaths sash for CBF
Deaths hands for 30% IAS and 8% LL
Cow King boots if you have em for +20 dex, don’t waste on builds that don’t need dex.
Twitchtroe for faster attacks, better block and FHR.
Bloodfist if you don’t need the IAS from deaths hands.

2-handed Charge Paladin

God knows why there are so many of them, as they actually did not improve THAT much compared to 1.09. The 1/6th penalty cuts the damage enough to let me state that unless you have really uber damage gear, there is not much damage difference between 1.10 and 1.09 in a 2-handed charger. Still, people seem to favour this build. Why not? It can be made really cheap and is still effective.

Skills: max might, 1 pt into charge. Use might as aura.
Why max might? 20% synergy and 10% damage bonus means you get 30% ED from a single point in might when you use charge and might as aura. Thats 5% more than spending points into charge. AR isnt an issue as you can get your hands on some AR rings.

Stats: Str//dex for weapon, rest into vit.

Items: Ideally you go for +max dam armor and helmet, a high damage maul, angelics, gorefoot or hsarus for the 20% faster run walk and bloodfists//deaths sash for more life, CBF and FHR. If you are thinking about CK boots I suggest you save those for a build that needs Dexterity and go with Vidala’s Fetlocks or Threads of Chton instead.

Cheap version: Shop for a pike 100 + damage (or a maul), shop for +life helmet, armor and belt, get some crude gloves, 10-20% IAS boots, some AR rings (magical will do) and start charging people. 100-150-ish max PvP damage per charge. Pathetic, and dirt-cheap.

Next on is the 1-handed charger

Basically, the gear is as above, but you can either go max block with a BSoD ( and then CK boots) or max damage with an %ED paladin shield with max damage jewels. However, for the weapon there are two choices:
An Ethereal War hammer with as much damage as you can put on it. Be advised that the thing will break.
Cleglaw’s sword, possibly with a +max damage jewel. The 50% deadly strike offsets any damage gains from other weapons pretty well. I have a level 12 charger with sub-par gear that does 200 max PvP damage per charge (on a good roll) thanks to Cleglaw s sword. The main damage from a Cleg’s charger comes from the +max jewels in armor, helmet and shield. If you make an off-ladder pk-er try and get a 1.09 Azurewrath, preferably Ethereal, as those have more weapon damage. However, they are going to be hard to find.

Countering the charger

The charger paladin is one of the most seen builds on battlenet these days especially for low level duelling and pk-ing. Here are a few counter strategies for fighting the chargerdin, or surviving the attacks.

1) Life.
Have as much life as you possibly can. Remember that a good charger up to level 20 can do 2000 max PvM with perfect gear, and even with a 1/6th reduction, that is still 300 max PvP damage. It is entirely likely that a 1-handed charger can dish out even more damage due to cleglaws sword. So, unless you have at least 500 life, don’t even think about standing in their way. Above level 21 it is no-holds barred fighting, and a level 34 ethereal steeldriver charger who was no damage gear and socketed his ethereal steeldriver with a Hel rune can do 6000 PvM damage per charge… that’s 1000 PvP, and that WILL hurt. If he’s 100% decked out with sharps and damage jewels he can add another 2000-3000 to that total for 1500 PvP damage per charge. Unless you are nuts you had better not stand in his way.

2) Defense
High defense… as high as possible. We are not talking about 1000 defense here, we are talking about 2000-3000 defense on a level 18 character. PK-ers use Angelic amulet + jewelry, and therefore usually have at least 1000 AR. Some have double or triple that. In order to stand a good chance for them to miss, you need a LOT of defense. Concentrate barbs with maxed shout and a magical ethereal armor might be able to dodge a few blows.

3) Blocking
75% block…. Stops 3/4th of the blows. So if you get charged you have a 3/4th change of escaping alive… provided you are walking and not running because then the blocking drops to 33% of its original value.

4) Skills

Energy Shield, Bone Armor, Dodge, all those skills offer additional chance of escaping a charge.

Your best bets are life, blocking and then skills. My current jabberzon has about 550 life, 75% chance to block and 40% chance to dodge, giving the enemy a 15% chance to hit me and no more. More detailed info on how to counter a chargerdin should go into a duelling guide and not a pk-ing guide.

Double swing barbarian

Then there is the Double Swing barbarian, another good build that got me plenty of ears. Provided you have plenty life he is also efficient in countering 2-handed chargers.

Max dam armor, helmet, sigons gloves//belt//boots or deaths sahs//hand+20-30% IAS boots, angelic ammy+rings or AR rings +nokazim relic (30% FHR) and dual Cleglaw s swords.
I placed two points into double swing to drop the mana costs to 1 per attack, a single point into Sword Mastery for the base AR//damage bonus and placed the rest into Bash to get a nice synergy bonus. At level 13 I did about 60-120 max PvP per double swing. Since I had 30% IAS I chopped like a rabid barb on speed and molested pretty much anything in my way. Downside is you do not have a shield, so he is not very suited for serious duelling.

Zealot

Enough into zeal for 5 hits (4 pts IIRC), 1 pt into might and the rest into sacrifice for synergy. Get a max dam twitch, max dam deflecting shield, max dam mask, deaths hand//sash, clegs sword, threads of chton or CK boots. Angelic rings+ammy. Although you have short range, you are one of the fastest builds available at this level. With a full damage setup (no twitch but a 4 sock armor) and some max damage charms you should be able to hit 1300 PvP per zeal cycle at level 18.

Double Throw Barb

See 1.09 but remember that DS also gets you 10% damage per point spent there, and that just might outclass the mastery at a certain point when skill points are thin. For a level 12 DT barb go with max DS, rest into TM, 1 pt double throw.

You can also do this with throwing knives. In fact, it’s a hell of a lot of fun with throwing knives. You’ll carve out a path of bloody ears and steak everyone to the wall. Nobody will take you serious, but you’ll still be able to kill people with this build ^_^. Just don’t count on surviving any duells.

Ribbit Barb

Uhm yeah, 1 pt into mastery of choice, rest into Ribbit, and at level 18 1 pt into Ribbit attack. After that leap attack is your main staple. Ribbit, ribbit!

Str +dex for items, try to get a range 3 weapon as that means that although you can ribbit pretty far, you do not over-ribbit and then miss, or ribbit and then find you can not ribbit again. Ribbit barbs take a lot of practice to build, but once you have one, he is pretty much powerful.

The technique when leaping is NOT to leap at your opponent, but to get in pretty close (so that you can almost hit them), and then to use shift+leap attack and attack them with that. Effectively, when you land, you target the nearest foe and smack him. Also, if you miss a lot, learn to predict where your opponent will go to and leap there. Leap attack takes a lot of time to learn effectively, but it can be a superb PvP skill once properly used. It is also good as a secondary attack to a concentrate barbarian when you find a helmet with +1 leap attack. Get close, leap, and then concentrate.

The Kicksin

Get to 70 str, stick all your points into Dragon Talon, get some 10-20 kicking boots (sigons), get full life gear and start kicking. Maybe a point or 2 into BoS for faster run and more kicking speed. This is even cheaper than the paladin. It doesn’t take much to build them, you won’t get that many ears, but with a -10 weapon in the hand the kick is really fast. The expensive variant of this build focusses around +Str armor, helmet, an Umbral Disk, Skewer of Krinitz, Bloodfist, Sigons Boots, Death’s sash, Angelic rings+ammy and all +life charms. Another option is to go full out on +elemental damage charms and a 6 socket topaz weapon as elemental damage is carried over when kicking. With 6-socket topaz weapon you effectively add 1-22 lighting damage in PvP per hit.

The claw-assassin

copy-paste your favourite assassin-build

ditch the claw, get Cleglaw’s sword.

DONE!

its a tad less than before, but 750 pvp on a good roll should be attainable with 8 15 maxes in the gear and a 15 max in the sword. I know that there are a lot of variables involved in a build with only 50% DS.... but hey, its a chance to trash level 50's in one hit if they are not careful. LLD is now all about who has the Cleglaw?s.... SWORD! That makes Cleglaw?s set the MOST hated//used set in LLD ever.

If you have a really good claw you can always do a claw-build. Aim for 10% DS, and once in 10 hits you’ll do massive damage like the good old 1.09 days when masteries still had the critical hit bug.

Jabberzon

I've made a jabberzon specifically to rip apart those level 12-23 chargerdins, and as soon as I have more than 600 life I'll also rip apart those level 24 ethereal snap chargers. Its nice to go 2-handed, but when faced against 75% block and 40% dodge, you stand a good chance of missing, especially when I walk. Miss=jabb-jabb-jabb=flux or dead. My jabberzon is level 18. 51% critical hit, 40% dodge, and the rest into jab. She doesn’t run out of mana that often, and she's a fine piece of work.

twitch with 1-15 max
44 to max mask
angelics
deaths sash+gloves
threads of chton
pelta with 13 max (will upgrade to 3 socket kite with 3 carnages as soon as I can find two +5 large str charms, since blocking itself is still 75% then, and blocking speed is less important against chargers.)

20% IAS throwing spears can be acquired from level 16 (as that’s the Clvl req), then just substitute all carnage jewels with wraths and maybe a pelta.

Fireball sorceress

Lvl 21 Fireball Sorc
3 Socket Helm - PRubies
3 Socket Armor (ETH BREAST PLATE - Recommended) - Prubies
Treads
Angelics Jewelry
Bloodfist
Leaf with Fireball skills already on it. (Tir Ral)

Dump all skills into FireBolt till lvl 12 then put all additional skills in FireBall.
Enough Str for armor
Dump in life and mana.

Thanks to Helohi

Bonewall//mercenary Necromancer.

A mean thing that worked in 1.09 and still works in 1.10 is the Mercenary killer setup. Basically, you equip your necromancer with all-around +life gear, and then you equip your mercenary with the biggest damage pike that you can find and +max damage gear. What you now have is a mercenary that can do up to 300 PvP per jab, most likely per jab HIT. Your necromancer uses the following skills: Amp damage: 1. Bone armor: 1. Bone wall: the rest, or maybe 3 pts into raise skeleton as extra decoys. Amp opponent, block off exits with bonewall and let opponent pummel you. While opponent pummels you, the emrc sneaks in for now 600 PvP per jab, and kills the opponent. Works wonders against 2-handers with no shield, but its not really a tactic that will get you many ears. Still, its fun.

Notes:

1. On shieldless builds

2-handed chargers, double throw barbs and leaper barbs with no shield are all prone to death by shield+fast attack. Jabbers and zealots will kill you unless you get that extremely lucky hit. Unless the jabber has 400-500 life, in which case they will kill you regardless.

2. Charms etc

Of course you use charms! +life are preferred, and + damage, and +stats. Don’t forget that all important small +1-2 cold damage charm (clvl 10) to hinder those without CBF.

3. Other builds

Basherbarb (max bash, 1 pt into mastery, +max gear, bsod, general equipment, have fun)
Sacadin (max sacrifice, erm, 1 pt into might, max dam gear)

Some other odd builds:

WereWolf level 31-33

Its a bit unsuited for duelling as the WW requires the use of Coldsteel cutlass and that has slow, but its still a great build, and you can have fun using it to pk or pkk people as everyone thinks druids stink.

coldsteel cutlass (eth if possible) with %ED//IAS jewel (shael not needed, only 10% on the weapon)
max dam armor
max dam druid mask, preferably with +3 fury, +3 werewolf and +3 lycantrophy
angelics for rings + ammy
whistans with max dam (or shael for a 5 frame blocking rate, but I'd go with 6 frames and more damage)
deaths sash
bloodfists
waterwalks

skills:

extremely straightforward:
2 pts in Werewolf, only 1 if you have a pelt with +werewolf. You need two for a 9/5/5/5/5 fury

max fury for the level (4 pts)
maxed lycantrophy (20 pts)
rest into feral rage (11 pts) for (when fully charged) 32% LL and 49% run//walk speed

no need for a nm pa or a hell pa, normal "pa" will do. nm and hell pa will get you more points into werewolf, but its not really needed.

stats: str as needed, dex for max block, rest into vit
charms: some life charms (pay off REALLY handsome), rest damage.

What will you get: A fast one-handed wolf with a 9/5/5/5/5 fury at clvl 33, doing about 1200 PvP max without any charms and only counting on DS triggering 5 times. In reality, you'll about 600 pvp per fury on average with 32% LL... did I mention yet that you'll have like 2K life?

Expensive variant:
With a full compliment of +6 to max damage charms, perfect +3 fury pelt and 15 max dam jewels, all attacks hitting and triggering DS you'll do 2400 PvP damage provided you get maxed rolls, or 1000 average damage (with 2.5 triggers of DS).

Below level 20, the fastest you're gonna get with attack speed is about 10 frames per attack. That speed in my opinion is too slow for PvP, nuless you do massive damage. unfortuantely, at such low levels thats something you won't do with a Werebear. You could potentially go to 9 frames with a horadric staff, but the weapon sucks and you can't socket it so I would not advise it.

So, here ya go:

The Rogue Werebear

A level 20 7 FPA werebear who even stands a decent chance of killing things. He's only suited for PK though and not for duelling since he lacks a shield, but he's got more under his hood than what people expect.

Bears and wolves in shapeshifted form can use missile weapons to whack people. The Burzia-Bear and Burzia Wolf are common examples of this. In the low level range, the Werebear lacks any decent offensive weaponry in the form of the extreme IAS requirements. I know that that punk Seise trusts on his General's Tan Do Li Ga, but it's one of the lamer weapons in existance. Besides, he needs massive IAS to make that thing work (with 50% IAS he's down to an 11 framer )

The answer to the question is simple really:
Rogue's Bow
Composite Bow
Two-Hand Damage: (7-10 To (12.6-14.4) (9.8-11.2 Avg)
Required Level: 20
Required Strength: 25
Required Dexterity: 35
Base Weapon Speed: [-10
+40-60% Enhanced Damage(varies)
+100% Damage to Undead
30% Deadly Strike*
50% Increased Attack Speed
+60 to Attack Rating
All Resistances +10

As you can see, the damage is crap, and stays crap, even with a 15 max. However, two things make this weapon really shine:
50% IAS on the weapon
30% deadly strike.

With 10% extra IAS from bloodfists, you bring your weapon down to 7 fps, the fastest attainble for a werebear at that level.
30% deadly strike grants you the chance to do double damage once every 3 blows, so on averge once every second, as ho hmum hum ho! you whack 3 times per second. Since you only need bloodfists for the extra speed, you can use deaths sash, and max armor and helmet. Angelics coupled with say CK boots for dexterity, or better yet Sanders Boots for some dex, some Str and LOTS of AR (not to mention the fastest run walk at that level) cover the dex requirement for this build. An ethereal 4-socket goth plate is in fact fine, as you can actually use the high defense of a Werebear for a chance.

Skills:
Fairly straightforward:
Max Maul for the level (so thats level 9 maul for 140% ED), and vary between lycantrophy and Werebear as you see fit. However, the first point of Werebear offers a solid 50% ED, and after that its 7% per skill point. I would suggest investing in Lycantrophy instead, for more life.

You see, this build has one big advantage over many other builds: The ability to withstand damage. You can merrily chuck lots of damage charms into the inventory of this baby and still have pretty good life, as the lycantrophy bonus at this level, added up with the bonus of Werebear, is substantial (with a normal PA you can have up to 125% life added) so any given life charm counts double and a bit. This means that angelics alone yield an impressive 250+ life.

since the build requires no dexterity and only little Str (imagine a light plate with 3 sockets instead of a 4-socket goth plate) you're going to be spending most of your points into Vit as well. I guess that 1000 life, 7 fpa and a nice amount of ED per blow with 30% chance of doing double damage will do the trick pretty well

The level 29 Werebear.

6 shael dimensional blade /crowbill(for a 5 fpa attack)
Bloodfists (30% FHR and 40 to life as well as 5 to minium damage)
Bladebuckle (stats boni and another 30% FHR)
CK boots or sanders boots (Stats +AR, I'd go with sanders)
max dam armor
max dam pelt with (pref) +3 WB, Lyc and Maul
Angelic rings//ammu or Maoim Ammy and two good rings with AR//stats//life and resist
Shael-Eth Grim shield (excep bone shield right?)

skills: Max Maul, split rest between lyc and WB as wanted. DONT waste points into oaks age (1 will do) as people will kill that if they are smart, and after the first point the life bonus is the same for oak as it is for lyc.

stats: selfexplanatory, str as needed and dex for max block.
charms: damage, life, and another 26% FHR for the breakpoint

At this point you have a werebear that has a 5 fpa attack (every hit, so he's a tad faster than a zealot), a 7 frame block animation and a 6 frame hit recovery. He has inbuilt stun so he'll most likely stun lock the enemy, massive life, CBF and decent damage. I've gone through various builds, but if you want to totally surprise anyone at level 29, this is the build. Nobody expects a fast, deadly Werebear at that level. Rack up some inertia small charms and you'll run like a rabid bear on speed as well. The only downside is that he can of course become a pretty expensive project.

Just a note:

These guides are awesome. I use these all the time. They are so adaptable; you can apply them to almost any LLD build. They prioritize the needs of any low level dueling build, and provide answers for any need as such.
Shieron
The Man

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast:*Shieron, *Shieron2
8.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject:  

This would be better off in the appropriate forum. We have a whole sub-forum for LLD guides, located in the LLD Discussion forum.

Puddles

BNet Acct/Realm: Mr_Puddles/USEast Non-Ladder
5.38 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject:  

Unfortunately, Deadly Strike has no effect on Dragon Talon Neutral.
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject:  

really? i thought it was just so insignifigant because of low damage that no one worried about it...good to know.

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
LLD_HADES

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject:  

Mr_Puddles wrote:

please reread that. It says "claw assassin".

DS doesn't affect kick but it does affect claw moves.
Puddles

BNet Acct/Realm: Mr_Puddles/USEast Non-Ladder
5.38 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject:  

LLD_HADES wrote:
Mr_Puddles wrote:

please reread that. It says "claw assassin".

DS doesn't affect kick but it does affect claw moves.
My bad, thought it was for the Kicker since, "The claw-assassin" wasn't bold because I only skimmed through the guides Sad.
Last edited by Puddles on Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject:  

Puddles youre so useless...

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: