LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed May 01, 2024 3:31 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
enlisting
Page 2 of 7 [94 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject:  

i think you should prob go with the Air Force if you want to take pictures. I believe there would be more things to photograph. But i guess its really up to you and what you want to do... i mean it is your life.

1,000th post on 12/12/07
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject:  

fyarbeast wrote:
usmc/army are 100% out of the question. I am looking more towards navy to be honest. What i really would like to do is something involving photography, video, or journalism. Everyone says that if thats what i want to do, then i should go air force. What do you think?

I worked with four guys in the Media office in Kuwait. Three of them were ex-AF (actually, one was a reservist), and two of them were photographers while there.

I'm going to leave my opinion as "go Air Force, unless you REALLY want to be in the Navy." FYI - their deployments in the Middle East? 90 days. Compare that to the 12+ months of the Army guys. Those Air Force guys were barely unpacked before they were rotating back stateside.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
zarc

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast NonLadder *fyarbeast USEast Ladder *fyarbeast1
-2.48 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject:  

The more i think about it, the more it seems like an awesome idea. I am getting really excited by the prospect of potentially getting out of this shitty town and seeing the world.

All of my friends think its an awesome idea, a few of them have actually told me they were planning on doing the same thing but didn't want to tell anyone because they were afraid of losing friends and stuff. But now that I am talking with them about it, they are becoming better friends.

Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject:  

If I had to do it again, I'd serve a tour in the AF. I never joined the military (I was in Marine Corps ROTC, which kinda turned me off to the whole "military thing"), but in retrospect I think the AF would have been a really interesting experience.

Amusing side note: because I was in ROTC for three years, the AF told me (not recruiter - this was a guy in their in-processing department, whatever the AF calls it) that my time in boot would be cut to three weeks, because I already knew how to drill, I was already reasonably physically fit, and I knew basic military conduct - taught by Marines, no less. A guy a year older than me joined the AF (and ultimately went ParaRescue, if you know what that is) and confirmed this. He said they basically just taught him AF-specific rules, confirmed he knew how to shoot a gun (which we did in ROTC), and sent him on.

I think you'll be in for an interesting experience, although it's worth mentioning that you WILL be in the military, and we ARE at war, and it is entirely possible you will get deployed to a hostile zone and get shot in the ass. Just FYI.

zarc

-2.48 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject:  

i completely understand that about being at war. i hate violence, but i'll do what i gotta.

AmishSpeedGoat

BNet Acct/Realm: Yes
38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject:  

If your not into violence then the military at this time isnt the best idea. Wait a year for the war to die down, because being new they WILL put you in the shit hole.
zarc

-2.48 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject:  

im going to have to go ahead and disagree completely with you on that. I personally know 7 people currently serving, 5 of which have been in since 9-11. None of them have seen combat.

AmishSpeedGoat

BNet Acct/Realm: Yes
38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject:  

They're the exception not the rule.

I personally would like to go into scout and sniper training. If I have to go out in the fray, hiding 800+ yards away from the bullets and not being spotted sounds much more appealing than running out there into the mess.
zarc

-2.48 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject:  

i dont think they are the exception at all. In fact, i only know two people, active or retired, who have been a part of actual combat. One of them was in the army, one was a guerilla fighter.

Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject:  

fyarbeast wrote:
one was a guerilla fighter.

I always suspected you were a Sandinista sympathizer. I'll bet the only t-shirts you own have pictures of Che Guevara on them, huh?

ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject:  

No, he was an alcoholic zookeeper.
zarc

-2.48 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject:  

ubermoose wrote:
No, he was an alcoholic zookeeper.

pffft. funny you should say that.... he is an alcoholic and now works at zoo atlanta....

Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject:  

Rhamax, theres I think your wrong on "If your not into violence then the military at this time isnt the best idea." Because I'm not a very violent person; but i'm not against violence in war.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
DiPLOMAT

12.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject:  

violence has nothing to do with the war in his situation considering he wants to be photography... unless you're.. para rescue/ tactical air control party / combat controller / aerial gunner .. etc. (obvious combat positions) with the exception of security forces. and some munitions speacalists jobs... i guarantee you wont fire a weapon at an enemy through out your career... speaking on behalf of the af that is.. rhamax you couldnt be anymore wrong in your first statement... war or not... people deploy.. there's no shaking it... the best you can do is how many times you deploy and for how long.. some people have been in 6 years and will be on their 1st deployment in jan. of 08.. some deployed 2 times in their first 3 years.. it all depends on afsc...

to fyar...

http://www.airforce.com/careers/job.php?catg_id=2&sub_catg_id=3&af_job_id=129

just the basics about photography.. i strongly suggest you look into all the careers of interest on that site.. id be glad to be a reference to you if u have any questions.. i know alot but not everything.

skulls

BNet Acct/Realm: Gun Barrel, Tx. Never pick a fight with an old man, he will jus kill you.
11.97 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject:  

Anchors Away !! US Navy is not all that bad..I was an airdale..All my enlistment was spent on an aircraft carrier or at Naval Air Stations..of which I'd say prolly 90-95% are stateside..All the new aircraft carriers have large photo depts and labs for their own processing..They all have several photo recon planes abord..they also process all the videos and photos taken by the carrier's jet and helo squadrans..All Naval Air Stations do the same..Carriers have the best chow in the navy as well..and make most all ports-o-call around the world..and..Navy boot camp is a breeze..Very Important!! Make the best contract with your recruiter as possible..(O yeah..I'm still looking for the car) Take the time to talk to AF and Navy recruiters..play one against the other..theres alot of competition between service recruiters. Smile

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.

ISO:VLLD
8min dmg jewels
dual dmg jewels
+10 min dmg eth replinish throwing spears
eth repair armor

ISO:LLD
dual dmg jewels
eth repair armor
hvy min dmg eth replinish throwing spears
+3ww barb helm
when is this thread closing?
Page 2 of 7 [94 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next