LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:53 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Diablo 3
diablo3..
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 5 of 6 [88 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Author Message
sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 2035
BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
Offline
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject:  

3:08 -- Question asked about group size. Wilson wouldn't say anything specific, but did say "once you get more than four or five people onscreen, things get kind of chaotic."

3:13 -- Question about classes. "We're doing a fresh start on classes," says Wilson. Says he hasn't figured out how many classes will be in yet, but they're not necessarily trying to mirror what was in Diablo 2.

_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger 
Zebb


Joined: 19 Jan 2006
Posts: 68
BNet Acct/Realm: Canada, Eh?
Offline
0.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject:  

Odd about the lack of potions in the final game. I DID see a minor healing pot drop in the gameplay trailer, i'm 110% of that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger 
silvar

Joined: 04 Dec 2004
Posts: 63
BNet Acct/Realm: *angus7/77/78 wnl
Offline
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject:  

Good to see some of the sound effects from D2 have made the leap into the next game, bow shots, shields, chest openings, town portal.

Looks and sounds Fantastic.

Im so happy they left the top down view as well, very exciting. Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 2035
BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
Offline
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject:  

Torrent wrote:
sPiN wrote:
I would...

Besides if its anything like wow but free, it'll be the best game ever made... basically.


But WoW sucks...I don't understand your reasoning.

95% of people who say wow sucks either can't run it or never gave it a chance.

_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger 
Puddles


Joined: 06 Jun 2007
Posts: 540
BNet Acct/Realm: Mr_Puddles/USEast Non-Ladder
Offline
5.38 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject:  

sPiN wrote:
Torrent wrote:
sPiN wrote:
I would...

Besides if its anything like wow but free, it'll be the best game ever made... basically.


But WoW sucks...I don't understand your reasoning.

95% of people who say wow sucks either can't run it or never gave it a chance.
I'm not sure if it's true, but I think most people don't like games where they have to pay more than what they paid for the game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Torrent


Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Posts: 1410
BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
Offline
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject:  

sPiN wrote:
Torrent wrote:
sPiN wrote:
I would...

Besides if its anything like wow but free, it'll be the best game ever made... basically.


But WoW sucks...I don't understand your reasoning.

95% of people who say wow sucks either can't run it or never gave it a chance.


I did give it a chance, it was no fun. No main quest = nothing to do besides lvl, and gear is dropped differently. There's no variety like in dizzablo.

_________________
No I don't wanna battle from beginning to end

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 2035
BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
Offline
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject:  

Torrent wrote:
sPiN wrote:
Torrent wrote:
sPiN wrote:
I would...

Besides if its anything like wow but free, it'll be the best game ever made... basically.


But WoW sucks...I don't understand your reasoning.

95% of people who say wow sucks either can't run it or never gave it a chance.


I did give it a chance, it was no fun. No main quest = nothing to do besides lvl, and gear is dropped differently. There's no variety like in dizzablo.

The game play isn't what makes WoW fun, leveling is hell and why I hardly ever play it anymore. It's the PVP which TOWERS over Diablo's PVP. The PVP was fun like 5 years ago when it was still sort of new. Now it's just retarded.

_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger 
Magi

Joined: 20 May 2008
Posts: 120
Offline
10.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject:  

There could always be more classes introduced with expansion packs, similarly to d2 and it's subsequent expansion pack: Lord of Destruction.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Torrent


Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Posts: 1410
BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
Offline
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject:  

sPiN wrote:
Torrent wrote:
sPiN wrote:
Torrent wrote:
sPiN wrote:
I would...

Besides if its anything like wow but free, it'll be the best game ever made... basically.


But WoW sucks...I don't understand your reasoning.

95% of people who say wow sucks either can't run it or never gave it a chance.


I did give it a chance, it was no fun. No main quest = nothing to do besides lvl, and gear is dropped differently. There's no variety like in dizzablo.

The game play isn't what makes WoW fun, leveling is hell and why I hardly ever play it anymore. It's the PVP which TOWERS over Diablo's PVP. The PVP was fun like 5 years ago when it was still sort of new. Now it's just retarded.


Guild Wars > WoW for pvp imo. You could just make a char and be competitive, if you knew what you were doing ofc.

_________________
No I don't wanna battle from beginning to end

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 2035
BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
Offline
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject:  

Torrent wrote:
sPiN wrote:
Torrent wrote:
sPiN wrote:
Torrent wrote:
sPiN wrote:
I would...

Besides if its anything like wow but free, it'll be the best game ever made... basically.


But WoW sucks...I don't understand your reasoning.

95% of people who say wow sucks either can't run it or never gave it a chance.


I did give it a chance, it was no fun. No main quest = nothing to do besides lvl, and gear is dropped differently. There's no variety like in dizzablo.

The game play isn't what makes WoW fun, leveling is hell and why I hardly ever play it anymore. It's the PVP which TOWERS over Diablo's PVP. The PVP was fun like 5 years ago when it was still sort of new. Now it's just retarded.


Guild Wars > WoW for pvp imo. You could just make a char and be competitive, if you knew what you were doing ofc.


Sorry but I have to strongly disagree with that opinion but not feeling like going into details... All I can say is Guild Wars takes less skill than D2 in PVP.

_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger 
heprea
pokemon fanatic


Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Posts: 2408
BNet Acct/Realm: europe laddars
Offline
8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject:  

heprea wrote:
sc > sc2 woudnt hit it
d1 > d2 > d3 woudnt hit it


ill take my words back on the d3 part(for now) the gameplay video looked just too matafakin awesome for me to agree with my statement told above before... but i still agree on the sc2 part though.. D;

sPiN wrote:


Sorry but I have to strongly disagree with that opinion but not feeling like going into details... All I can say is Guild Wars takes less skill than D2 in PVP.


i disagree, or wait... are there 1v1 duels @ GW? if there are, are you talking about thouse? as for thouse team duels, i will strongly disagree with that statement

anyways enough with GW/D2 this is D3 section!

_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs

Joined: 08 Aug 2007
Posts: 30
Offline
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject:  

WoW was fine except one asepct, large group sizes.
25 people spend their lives playing the game and get super sweet amazing gear.. Diablo II, some random newb could have picked up a blue item and been rich as fuck and not even know it.

I prefer Diablo II's system.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Rampage

Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Posts: 878
BNet Acct/Realm: US East
Offline
12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject:  

I simply disliked the cartoonish look of WoW and could not get past that. Now I fear that Diablo3 is leaning that was too. I hope not but the game play videos that I have seem shoe exagerrated characters with huge unyieldy armors and weapons. Very unlike D2. I hope this will change before release or I will have waited so long for this game in vain.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Waramp


Joined: 02 Jun 2006
Posts: 4788
Offline
0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject:  

some people are putting too much emphasis on the graphics and not on the gameplay. only one of those things made diablo 2 as successful as it was, and it sure as hell wasnt graphics. and i dont know about you, but i thought the barb's ww and leap, and the paladin's blessed hammer in d2 were funny as hell.
_________________

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
B[x]


Joined: 04 May 2004
Posts: 6130
BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
Offline
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject:  

Rampage wrote:
I simply disliked the cartoonish look of WoW and could not get past that. Now I fear that Diablo3 is leaning that was too. I hope not but the game play videos that I have seem shoe exagerrated characters with huge unyieldy armors and weapons. Very unlike D2. I hope this will change before release or I will have waited so long for this game in vain.

I actually went back and skimmed the video and I see what you mean. The Barbarian's attacks were a bit over the top for me. Reminded me a bit too much of God of War. Don't get me wrong though, I loved God of War. However, it clashes with the typical Diablo style. The first two (and their associated expansions) were pretty consistent in conveying a dark and sinister environment. While the dungeon in the gameplay video looked amazing, the character animations didn't sit right with me.

Of course this was just a teaser trailer of early gameplay mechanics. I'm sure I'll need a bucket to catch my drool when I log into B.Net on the day of release, whenever that may be. Good to see you're still lurking, Steve. I had better see you on D3, if not Mythos.

_________________


[Important Links]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 5 of 6 [88 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Diablo 3
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.1565s ][ Queries: 51 (0.0598s) ][ GZIP on - Debug on ]