LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:09 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Rushing Sorc?
Page 1 of 3 [32 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject:  Rushing Sorc?
Subject description: I know crap about Sorcs.

I'm making a Sorc on West Ladder, so I can screw around and rush people for kicks and profit. Weaj and I are building Sorcs, but frankly I know jack all about making them (never really liked them), and Weaj isn't much on them either.

So what sort of Sorc is best? I imagine fire is mostly crap (because of all the immunes in Hell), and I like cold, but it looked like all the areas where the cold immunes gather are places I'd be going frequently. But I see a lot of Meteorb Sorcs, so I guess maybe I'm missing something.

Suggestions, anyone? I'm not a huge fan of Sorcs, but I know I'll need to teleport to effectively rush people (and I don't expect to get an Enigma anytime soon), so Sorc it is. I can manage the build once I know which elements work best for rushing. (I might also mf a little, but anyone high level can do that...) Thanks!

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject:  

Light sorc with infinity merc, hands down. What kind of gear can you get, anything expensive, at all?

youll want 117 fcr for light/chain btw.

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject:  

Torrent wrote:
Light sorc with infinity merc, hands down. What kind of gear can you get, anything expensive, at all?

youll want 117 fcr for light/chain btw.

I have zero characters on West Ladder, and zero items. And I'm seriously not going to spend my life mf'ing. I have characters on East if I want to do that, and I don't even like doing it in the first place. This is more for rushing people on West, and maybe screwing around for kicks. I guess if I really need to make money I could rush pubs for forges, but I'm really just looking for a way to kill time until I pick up a bunch of new 360 games for Christmas. And if I can rush some of the fine LLD101 members who've been so nice to me, then all the better.

But anyway, yeah. Don't even look at it in terms of items. Look at it in terms of just the base build. Items will come if they come.

Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject:  

Why a sorc?

Get 2 hrs and make a hammer with enig to rush.
Dream
Nightmare

0.09 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject:  

Light sorc would be best in my opinion. Shouldn't be too hard, and it's very effective. You just won't be able to rush hell (travincal is the problem).

Go for dmg/vit, don't bother trying to get block or use ES. I can help you guys out a little bit with a rush.
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject:  

a light sorc will need infinity to rush hell imo, and thats probably out of your price range

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject:  

Grim04 wrote:

Get 2 hrs and make a hammer with enig to rush.

Every time someone says something like this I grit my teeth in annoyance. HOW, Grim? How do I just "get 2 hrs"? Do I pray to the D2 Gods for them to magically fall into my lap? Do I hold out my hand and beg people in the pub chats for them? Do I start charging people every time I do admin work around here? Tell me, Grim. Tell me how I "get 2 hrs" on West Ladder when I have one fucking low-level character on there? I'm not like you people. I don't just decide "hey - I'm gonna have me some high runes", and then wind up with them an hour later. I don't like magic finding, Grim. I've said that once in this thread, and several times in other threads. I have no items. I have NOTHING. How do I amazingly spin that into 2 hrs, Grim? Or are you suggesting that I push a character to level 75+, mf for hours and hours in the hope that I get lucky enough to find something worth 2 hrs, and THEN make ANOTHER character, push him to 75, then start all over again? Is that seriously what you're advocating I do? Man, let me tell you something: after almost two months on East ladder, my TOTAL net worth there is maybe 2 hrs, and that INCLUDES all the stuff people gave me.

I've been playing this game for many years. But I do not, have not, and cannot play it like you people do. Krajee says he can get someone to level 90+ in 14 hours? Christ - I didn't have my first Patriarch until like patch 1.07. (and I started when D2 was released.) I have never gotten a character over level 85. I get bored, I flake out, whatever. I simply do not have the patience to play this game like you people do. Heck - I hate even having mules! I usually end up giving stuff away to people.

Sorry to rant on you like that, Grim, but your suggestion is about as far away as humanly possible from feasibility. If someone offered me two hrs on Ladder I'd refuse them. I don't want hand-outs. All I'm asking for is build suggestions.

Plus, I hate Hammerdins.

Anyway... Dream: is it just Travincal that's the problem? Seems like I could solve that by going dual-element. Or do Light Sorcs pump all the synergies for Lightning and CL?

What if I went for Cold, plus something like Firewall that is fairly powerful and doesn't need synergies? Maybe Orb (which only has one synergy, and can be aimed) plus Firewall (which will be slightly easier to use if I can keep things chilled by Orb's lengthy chill effect). I could even drop a point into Static to help with bosses. Or I could pump Enchant, and use it on my merc against Cold Immunes. (Plus, Enchant would help me with rushing people.)

Dream
Nightmare

0.09 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject:  

Being that your gear won't be too good, I'd say just go with one element. From my expeirence light is the best. Lightning is just super easy to use for killing monsters. Max Lightning/bolts/mastery and then put the rest into synergies, you wont have any points left over.

You can do norm/nm rushes and quests. You can also do hell quests for people.

I've heard of meteor/orb sorcs, but I don't know how effective/fast they are as I've never made one. Seems like travincal would STILL be a problem even with dual elements.

You really just need to get a decent insight merc and you're pretty set as a light sorc.
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject:  

i actually made a nova/orb (norb) sorc that was a decent key hunter. it would require some nice gear to be a rusher i'd imagine. an orb/lightning sorc would probably work better

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Dream
Nightmare

0.09 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject:  

Waramp wrote:
i actually made a nova/orb (norb) sorc that was a decent key hunter. it would require some nice gear to be a rusher i'd imagine. an orb/lightning sorc would probably work better

Lightning sorc is already a great key hunter. Can kill all the monsters in arcane, Countess is always fire/cold immune. Nihl spawns with light immune sometimes but you can just skip him if so. Also the mobs around nihl are those cold immune guys.
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject:  

Dao, just farm. easy.

I don't mf if I need items/currency. I farm.
Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject:  

Huh. How amusing. When Weaj and I were first planning these Sorcs I was mentioning a Charged Bolt Sorc my friend had made for kicks long ago, and how much fun it was to play. I ended up going with Cold because it seemed so popular (and I figured that, since everyone made a Cold sorc most people obviously knew something I didn't). Plus, Weaj pointed out that Blizz is a great mf'ing skill. (I probably didn't make it clear enough that I was thinking more of a rusher than a mf'er.)

I do like the simplicity of a Light Sorc. I get my main attack at 6, and max it by 25. Plus, zero wasted points on pre-reqs, and I'm basically done by level 50 or so. Maybe I'll go Light/Enchant, and use my Merc to handle the Light immunes I'll meet (and help people rush).

I wish I had made this post before I took a Sorc 26 levels. Oh well. Weaj - I'll catch up to ya eventually. Wink

Vietthehand

BNet Acct/Realm: USwest *vietthelld *vietthefoot
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject:  

on the first ladder season, i made a single element orb sorc and just had a merc to kill everything cold immune(with the help of static). it worked fairly well for the crappy gear i had. i could rush all the difficulties with it.
Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject:  

Well, I think I'll make that Light Sorc, max CB and Lightning, along with Light Mastery. Then I'll max Enchant/Warmth, and put extra points into Fire Mastery. (Along with a point in Teleport and Static, and maybe Shiver Armor.) Looks like the only place I'll have real trouble is Hell Trav, but hopefully between my Merc and I we can deal with the light/fire immunes. From what I saw, though, most of the lightning immune foes in this game are fairly weak or easy to ignore. (Except for Burning Souls...)

Bonus with Light is that it makes farming cows a little less dangerous.

Thanks for the input, folks! (I really wish DFlight didn't need a target. I'd totally make a Trapper instead of a Sorc...)

MortisNostre
LoPF

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject:  

Im assuming pumping enchant + synergies is for your mercenary?

Your lit damage, while servicable, will be quite pitiful if you go this route, especially with only starter gear. I dont see spending that many skill points just to give your merc a boost in the few situations when youll be facing LIs as worthwhile. An act 2 HF merc weilding a nice eth insight, life leach hat, and any number of relatively cheap armors (ideally somehting that offers a splash of CB - rattlecage FTW) should be adequate for said purpose. Using telekinesis to stun monsters can also go a long way in helping him survive/kill shit.

Page 1 of 3 [32 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: