LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
Fury druid guide
Page 1 of 2 [22 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject:  Fury druid guide  

Fury druids are the most versatile melee characters at level 30. They hold their own against barbs and paladins, and they are much better against casters than either of the two. While a barb or paladin's high defense is worthless in a duel vs a caster, a druid is just as effective since he will have low defense. He will also use a range 5 weapon which makes casters much easier to hit, and can run faster by charging up Feral Rage. However, a Fury druid is a very expensive character to make, and it is not recommended for those who are not willing to spend a lot on an LLD. It's fairly cheap to make a mediocre zealot or conc barb with an honor and rhyme, but a druid's damage is all coming from his charms and jewels, which can be very costly..

Gear:

Level 30 melee jewels:
The standard godly melee jewel is the 24 maxer. This jewel has 2 perfect mods; a 9 max prefix and a 15 max suffix. These should be the staple of any level 30 melee character. A 24 max jewel may be very hard to find, so substitute jewels as close to 24 max as possible. Min-Max jewels are also good LLD jewels, and have the possibility to do higher average damage than 24 maxers. However, in order to do more average damage than a 24 max, you need a rare jewel with 3 near perfect mods. I personally have the only jewel I have ever seen that does more damage than a 24 maxer - a perfect 3 mod 8-18 damage jewel. However, a perfect 4 mod min-max jewel would do a whopping 12-18 damage. I doubt this jewel will ever turn up though.

Max/AR jewels could be useful to keep in your stash for dueling conc barbs; the kings of all melee. a 15max/60AR jewel is a perfect 2 mod jewel, and 18/60AR would be a perfect 3 mod jewel. I've been toying with the idea of making a max/AR helm for my Fury druid, but I can't seem to spare the 4 extra stash slots to store it.

Helm:
+2 shapeshift, +3 fury 2os helm, with suffix if possible - VERY hard to find.
+3 fury 3os helm, with +HoW if possible - Use this if you can't find the helm listed above.
Fill sockets with 24 max jewels
You may want to make a second +3 Fury helm with 3x 15max/15res all jewels to use against casters.

Armor:
Peace runeword - I considered this armor to be overpowered and I didn't use it for a long time because a 72/80 armor is so much sexier. However, as the melee competition got better on USEast, I finally made one of these to use in most duels. When wearing 2 sojs, this armor will give +4 to critical strike, or a 38% chance to do double damage.
Artisans light armor of the squid (80 life is perfect). This armor will be better in duels vs high def barbs and paladins, where you will wear angelics instead of SoJs
Fill sockets with 24 max jewels

Shield:
Artisans tower Shield of deflecting - 3x 24max: 6 frame blocking
Artisans Tower Shield of Deflecting - 2x 24max 1x shael: 5 frame blocking
Artisans Tower Shield of Deflecting - 3x shael: 4 frame blocking (I've never tested this but some people say it's helpful - It doesn't seem worth it to me)

Rings:
SoJs vs. all low defense characters. These will trigger the mdr bug but they are still worth it.
Angelics vs. high defense barbs and paladins
Bitter hold - use this when you want to wear Goblin Toe boots. Bitter hold is a USEast dupe that gives 13str and 13dex. This will let you lose the str/dex bonus from Sanders and still wear your gear.

Amulet:

+2 Shapehift/life amulet (80 is perfect)
+2 Shapeshift/life/resist amulet (higher cold resist is very important due to cold mastery) 60 life will be perfect for this amulet.
Angelics vs. high defense barbs and paladins
Nokazoan vs. fire sorcs or fire trappers

Boots:
Sanders for most duels
Goblin Toe vs. low def/high life melee. Goblin Toes are great when dueling other Fury druids.

Belt:
String of Ears (15dr/15mdr is perfect)
Deaths Sash when you need CBF

Gloves:
Bloodfists - feel free to upgrade once if you're a perfectionist

Weapon:
6 x Shael superior Naga - 6/4 frame attack, range 3. Use this weapon vs. melee.
4 x Shael 2 x Hel superior Grim Scythe - 6/4 frame attack, range 5. You can use 20ED/-req jewels instead of Hels if you want to switch in a str/dex ring (Bitter Hold) to equip the weapon. I would rather use Hels, and receive an extra +1 to all skills (including crit strike) Use this weapon vs. casters and smiters.
If you want to make a pure melee Fury, a 100+ED 30ias 2 socket Cinquendas or Cutlass would be a great choice. This would save you a lot of points in str, while still hitting 7/4 Fury when socketed with 2 Shaels. However, these are hard to find, and your low str would mean that you could not equip a Grim Scythe for dueling casters.

Charms
40 x Fine small charms of substenance (3/20/15 is perfect)
1 x Fine grand charm of balance (10/76/fhr is perfect) - use this when you wear your jeweld Light Plate in order to hit the 4 frame fhr exactly.
10 x 3/20/5frws in stash to use vs. casters. I would keep more but I don't have room.

Switch:
Spirit Sword and Sigons Shield for prebuff. I personally hate prebuffing with gear from the stash, so I don't do it (I also have no room)

Skills:
20 Lycanthropy
5 Werewolf
1 Oak Sage
12 Heart of Wolverine
1 Feral Rage
1 Rabies
1 Fury

Some people like putting points into Oak Sage, but most LLDers go with HoW. When Sage dies, your life decreases to stay at the same percentage it was at with Sage. Since Sage dies early in most duels (and it's unwise to recast in melee duels) the amount of actual extra damage your Sage let you take will be small. Your life will be scaled down to remain at the same percentage early in the duel. However, when using HoW, even if it dies early, you get 100% of that extra damage done.

Others like to put some points into summons. While this is extremely beneficial in Fury vs. Fury due to an interruptable attack, most consider it BM to use in melee duels.

Stats:
Str - enough for gear (121)
Dex - enough for gear (86)
Vitality - everything else (won't be much left)
Energy - none

My Druid's final stats with my 72/80 on (looks better statwise)

Damage: 2223 max
Life: 2680
Attack rating: 7241
4 frame attack
4 frame fhr
With Angelics I have more life and over 10K AR, but my damage is lower.
OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

BNet Acct/Realm: OutlawHeaven/OutlawHvn @USEast@Azeroth@AIM
12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject:  

wrote:
Others like to put some points into summons. While this is extremely beneficial in Fury vs. Fury due to an interruptable attack, most consider it BM to use in melee duels.

One point in Raven/Spirit Wolves/Vine can also help block/dodge lock characters, and the wolves can help take hits from missles.

I also think you can use a 5 Shael/Max Jewel Naga for one less inital frame.

I think a faster block ATSoD is only really helpful with fast, successive attacks, such as zeal.

When I had a Fury, I considered using a Thul'd Hawkmail for Cbf and cold resist when dueling cold sorcs.

breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject:  

Summons are very useful vs. other furies, but then it's not a fair melee duel IMO. They probably won't absorb any attacks vs. casters. They will die very early, and the hits that kill them probably wouldn't have hit you anyway.

Yeah, you can use a 5 shael naga, but I think 6 frame initial swing is very important.

I've never tested those other shields out, but meitou told me that 3x maxer is best (even vs. zeal) and I believed him.

Hawkmail is nice, but I don't have room in my stash for it.
OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject:  

I find the 5 spirit wolves to be very useful for taking hits from stray fballs, bone spirits, and guided arrows. Very helpful for invisible projectiles. I find them very useful for dealing with chargers too.

breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject:  

Do you recast?
OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject:  

Depends on the situation. Usually, Yes. Since your melee, and dueling some kind of defensive caster, you'll have a considerable amount of time to recast wolves.

In my opinion, summons are really one point wonders.

breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject:  

Yeah, I guess they could be good vs. casters.

However, I consider my Fury druid a melee first and an open dueler second. I woudln't want to increase my effectiveness vs. casters at the expense of my melee capabilities.
OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject:  

Yeah I find melee boring, I use my Fury to mainly duel casters.

x_warrior

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest ^_^
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject:  

Wow. This is a pretty nice build =) Those helms are uber hard to find though =\ Im gonna try this build our tonight =)
Spring

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject:  

Sorry for bringing this back up but I have a few questions.
Because of ladder reset.. there are not that many max/ar/life scs.
What kind of charms should I get if I cannot get max/ar/life? 15lifer scs??
ar/life gcs?
Chewie

BNet Acct/Realm: AWOL
16.10 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject:  

If you can't get the charms, don't bother trying to make it; it will be terrible.

Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject:  

if you still really want to try it, i would say go with 10max/65+ar/20+ life gcs.

your ar and life will be much lower, but your dmg will be about the same.
orestes_87

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject:  

I was thinking that it may be easier to get a fifteen AR/Max damage sc's and then get about a dozen 15 life sc's also. I know it's alot more room I'm trying the same build also atm, and am having trouble finding the gear :p.

Atm i am using a 6os war axe with 4 shaels and 2 iths as a cheapo start weap cause hes still only level 28 and cant use fury yet, i do have a 6os naga (not sup cause its impossible to find) 10 frw sc's a few max dmg/ar sc's and a bunch 13-15 life sc's also. Will be getting more max dmg/ar sc's soon and ditching the frw's as i don't think they're helping me that much for my speed with my sanders already on. I also have my 6os CV (non superior, as it is also a pain in the ass to find) which i will put 4 shaels and two hels. As for my naga i was thinking 5 shaels and i just got a decent "19% enhanced damage / 14 max damage" jewel, was wondering if this would be any good for the 6th socket in my naga?

IMO finding the jewels has been harder than finding the charms :p. Gonna keep searching tho, as im using a vmagi for my armour atm and some unique pally shield, but everything else is I have so far cept the soj. Might be trading in my High level fury dueler to find some more of the stuff for my low level.
Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject:  

dont count on 20+ or even 16+ jewels... unless ofc your rich.

your prob going to have to stick with 15 maxers... if u can get those.
MiKTeX

BNet Acct/Realm: HAHA JK MY GOOD ACCS GOT BANNED
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Fury druid guide  

breakbeatz2 wrote:
Bitter hold - use this when you want to wear Goblin Toe boots. Bitter hold is a USEast dupe that gives 13str and 13dex. This will let you lose the str/dex bonus from Sanders and still wear your gear.

How about if you're on ladder/don't like to use dupes? Just sacrifice some life and get a rare with less str/dex?

I wanna make one of these. I've looked at it before, and it is so cool. One of the top "can i see your gear?" builds. Cool
Page 1 of 2 [22 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
Jump to: