LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:42 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
Lvl 30 crier
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
zarc

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast NonLadder *fyarbeast USEast Ladder *fyarbeast1
-2.48 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject:  Lvl 30 crier  

Ok, so I wanted to make a fun build and I have seen a few War Cry barbs, and i have always like the idea of them. I'm not sure how viable they are but I think they might do alright. Here is what i think he should look like.

Gear:
2Xsoj's
+2 Warcries +3 war cry helm (if you can find this...omg)
Vmagi
Mfist
Fcr belt
+2 Warcries ammy
2XSpirit swords
2X+3 warcries sticks on switch
sanders boots

Skills. This is where i have trouble deciding
I dont know whether to go with the damage build or whether to go with the more defensive build.
Heres what the straight up damage skill setup is and i think it is better over all

4- howl
20-Taunt
13-Battle Cry
1-war cry and the rest into prerequisites.

fill inventory with 40X15's and you should be good to go

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject:  

first of all, use frosties. you only need 105 fcr, and you will need a LOT of mana.

for skills, i'd do one into battle command (+1 all skills? kk), 1 into increased speed, 1 into natural res, 1 into war cry, and the rest into wc synergies

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject:  

Just fyi - I tried this (went more with Waramp's design) and it just sucked royally. Damage is blockable, so it's crap against melee, even with a shield on switch. And the range is too short to really bother ranged opponents. I could catch the occasional pub who had low FHR, but that was about it.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
FudGe

BNet Acct/Realm: *MaStEr_FuDgE, jacquesstrap on D2JSP
2.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject:  

Waramp wrote:
first of all, use frosties. you only need 105 fcr, and you will need a LOT of mana.

for skills, i'd do one into battle command (+1 all skills? kk), 1 into increased speed, 1 into natural res, 1 into war cry, and the rest into wc synergies

vouch all this.

frw is also very important.

Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject:  

Ummm, good luck getting 2x 3 wc sticks lvl 30 on switch.
Use soe and a rare fhr/30+life/res belt, could have rep as well
glove wise go bloodfists or frosties.
for switch, insight is a must
your build needs nat res, inc speed, and some points to bo. both of my warcry barbs have maxed bo, but thats a preferential thing

Edit: Vs melee is where this barb stands out, you can outrange anybody (excluding charge ofc) Wc barbs > cs zons

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
zarc

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast NonLadder *fyarbeast USEast Ladder *fyarbeast1
-2.48 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject:  

that was the other way i was thinking of doing it

ExigeCorp.

BNet Acct/Realm: /w *Invicta USEast Ladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject:  

Wank wrote:

Edit: Vs melee is where this barb stands out, you can outrange anybody (excluding charge ofc) Wc barbs > cs zons

umm, wc barbs get screwed faster by cs zon since they have max block + dodge you'll waste all of your mana before you get them half way down.

I've got a lvl 30 wc barb east non lad, went with 1 pt in all the non weapon masteries and 1 pt in shout/bo/bc rest in wc stuff
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject:  

ExigeCorp. wrote:
Wank wrote:

umm, wc barbs get screwed faster by cs zon since they have max block + dodge you'll waste all of your mana before you get them half way down.

I've got a lvl 30 wc barb east non lad, went with 1 pt in all the non weapon masteries and 1 pt in shout/bo/bc rest in wc stuff

Maybe you don't know how to duel it. You outrange every melee, cast, move, cast, move. When they stop chasing you, you still have more range then them, so move up and clip em till they start to pursue you. Ask fu8ar how effective this is.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject:  

My wc barb is a half assed half charmed norm rushed Wcer, and i do fine. I just understand how to play it, and i think its fun.

For fcr you want 105%.

2x 35% spirits = 70% fcr
10% fcr on ammy = 80%fcr
Vipermagi = 110% fcr

there you go.

Your ammy is a crucial part of this build. You will NEED 2 wcs and 10% fcr. You will want high life/mana + High res.

Use Frosties +2x Sojs as you will need massive mana, use insight on switch, get a 2 wcs 3 wc 3bo helm (or as close as you can). Get at least 1 point into leap (DEF DO THIS!) leap is part of what makes this build fun. Also it helps you with many characters.

Use Battle cry. With your extra skills pump this. Not only does it add dmg to your WC, but it is useful vs melees (lowers dmg + def) and it lasts quite a while.

When you are using your insight (make sure its 17 med) run around and use leap to avoid taking more dmg.

Keep some Hot spurs or infernostrides in stash for vs fire sorcs (with max block, and great range, they are one of your toughest duels.

Get a decent amount of F w/r. Sanders gives you 40. If your still looking for a not good wc barb helm, use a peasant crown (p skull it as the rep will help you greatly) for the boosts to mana life skills and f w/r. Get 10 or so Scs, and the rest get 15 lifers preferably with mana or defense.

For belt get a 15/15 string. This dr is key to your chances to defeat melee chars. Without it chances are you will get crushed.

on my barb, i have over 1.5k life, ~800 mana, and i dont remember the dmg (i haven't been on d2 in weeks. ) but he was pretty good. I pwned pubs and Hl noob sorcys (even a lvl 91 full tals fb sorc) with a point in natural res, and 35 res vipermagi as well as hell rush, your res will be stacked.

As far as Cs zons go, you have massive res, and if you run a few steps, wc, run, wc and repeat, you can kill them relatively easy (i killed Breast on East Ladder who is one of, if not the best CS zon on East Ladder as of right now)

If you have any more questions ill look into it.

If you do end up making it, and want to duel another wc barb pm me Wink (im pretty sure mine is the best on east ladder... I haven't been beaten by any of the other wc barbs ive met yet since ive been geared. I did get beaten once by someone when i didnt have a good helm, ammy, sojs, or insight on switch. It was 1-1 and still close each time.)

1,000th post on 12/12/07
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
Jump to: