LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:19 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
High level necro question
Page 1 of 2 [24 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject:  High level necro question
Subject description: Not a PvP guy

Got a summoner Necro in his mid-60s, and I've run out of things to put skill points into. Here's my current allotment:

20 Skeleton Mastery, Raise Skeleton and Corpse Explosion
1 Raise Skeletal Magi, Revive, Clay/Blood/Iron Golem, Golem Mastery, Summon Resist, and Teeth (CE pre-req)
1 Amp Damage, Weaken, Terror, Decrepify

So at level 63 I basically finished my build, and I'm not sure where to go next. Here are my three thoughts:

1. Max Clay Golem, and use him instead of Iron Golem.
2. Max Magi, even though they generally suck.
3. Pump more points into Summon Resist, Golem Mastery, and either Clay or Iron Golem, spread out evenly.

Any thoughts?

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject:  

revive? hell monsters are normally more competent than skeles.

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject:  

magis are super

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject:  

Torrent wrote:
revive? hell monsters are normally more competent than skeles.

No, no they're not. Revives are friggin' morons at any level. Plus, they tend to leave your employ the minute they go off-screen, which is immediately after you start moving. I have one point there so I can quickly recruit "shock troops" if a fight is tough (like cow levels), but I almost never use them in regular play. The five or so Revives I get is more than enough.

My thought is to buff Clay, for use against major boss enemies. But I wanted some insight, possibly from other summoner necro players.

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject:  

oh, this is for pvm then?

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject:  

Way to read thread titles. Rolling Eyes

MortisNostre
LoPF

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject:  

id definitely invest some more in revives just because they serve as a a good utility weapon. For instance, if you can revive 5-10 urudars, then yes, your summon necro can take down uber D should he spawn on yer ass.

clay golem > iron golem

Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject:  

MortisNostre wrote:
id definitely invest some more in revives just because they serve as a a good utility weapon. For instance, if you can revive 5-10 urudars, then yes, your summon necro can take down uber D should he spawn on yer ass.

Well, I can summon 5 Revived at the moment with my ghetto gear, and I expect that with a little work I can easily add another +2-3 skill to that total. So that'd be around 7-8 Revived with only the one point spent. Do I really need 15-20 Revives that'll wander off and expire 30 seconds after I summon them?

Quote:
clay golem > iron golem

True. I'm just not sure I need to max him.

Meegz ?

BNet Acct/Realm: *meegz @ east ladder
39.74 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject:  

on a summoner you use iron golem if your merc isnt wearing bramble (i figure his aint)

I would actually put the rest of your points into psn nova or something so you can actually kill a monster to get your skeles...just a thought Wink

Napalm loves the little children of the world.
MiKTeX

BNet Acct/Realm: HAHA JK MY GOOD ACCS GOT BANNED
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject:  

Summoners are cool. So is corpse explosion. Cool I haven't played my old one in a while from real early in the ladder reset, but I remember it fairly well.

//summary at bottom in case of dislike of reading

Dao Jones wrote:
1. Max Clay Golem, and use him instead of Iron Golem.

I wouldn't, but you can, if you want.

Dao Jones wrote:
2. Max Magi, even though they generally suck.

Yes, but, honestly, they're better than any other option.

In my opinion, this would be a good idea. They aren't super damage dealers, but they're decent. As stated, they're better than any other option. At least, in my opinion, they are.

Dao Jones wrote:
3. Pump more points into Summon Resist, Golem Mastery, and either Clay or Iron Golem, spread out evenly.

Summon resist's diminishing return's are steep, and the skill caps out around 75 resist, I think. You can put a few here if you want, but I wouldn't suggest any more than 5.

Unless you are using a build that entirely relies on a powerful golem to kill everything (which would be kinda neat, anyone tried this?), golem mastery is a 1 point skill. It increases the golem's frw, ar by %, and life. The frw is not very useful past whatever your +skills can get, the ar is not really needed since your golem isn't really much of a damage dealer, and the life bonus is insignificant.

The Arreat Summit / http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/skills/necromancer-summoning.shtml#golemmastery wrote:
Golem Mastery adds more Hit Points to the Golem's Original Base Life, not the Life shown with more than one point into a Golem skill. Clay Golem: 100 HP, Blood Golem: 201 HP, Iron Golem: 306, Fire Golem: 328

A few posts ago, MortisNostre wrote:

They are very good for that, but:

Afterwards, Dao Jones wrote:
Do I really need 15-20 Revives that'll wander off and expire 30 seconds after I summon them?

The only thing that putting points into revive does is add more monsters. (# revives = revive level) Since you will get plenty of +skills, you will only need 1 point. Remember that it is skeleton mastery that improves your revives, but revive only adds more. My old summoner had about 15 revives with 1 point into it.

//summary

For now, your best bet would be to max/put points into skeletal mages. They aren't the greatest, but all of the other options aren't that amazing.

Remember, when it comes down to it, put points into whatever floats your boat. High level summoners aren't very good PvP characters, so it is fairly flexible what you use. Oh, and only put 1 into revive.

I did not keep my summoner equipped long enough to try this, but I was thinking of putting a few into bone wall, for protection against random stuff in areas like chaos. Just thought this would be an interesting idea. Smile

Hope this helps. :l

The Future of LLD101
skulls wrote:
Now you know the reason why only a very few of the over 4000 members participate in arena dueling..most are to fat and slow to be any good

MortisNostre
LoPF

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject:  

Dao Jones wrote:
MortisNostre wrote:

Well, I can summon 5 Revived at the moment with my ghetto gear, and I expect that with a little work I can easily add another +2-3 skill to that total. So that'd be around 7-8 Revived with only the one point spent. Do I really need 15-20 Revives that'll wander off and expire 30 seconds after I summon them?

Quote:
clay golem > iron golem

True. I'm just not sure I need to max him.

7-8 should be fine, maybe another point or two just because.

I wasnt suggesting you max gumby, i was just advocating its use. It really is a one point wonder.

I ended up investing into mages when i was playing a summoner. I honestly dont see another option really. Maybe poison Nova, but im not sure you could synergize it enough for it to have any use in hell.

heprea
pokemon fanatic

BNet Acct/Realm: europe laddars
8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject:  

i bumped up bone spear on my summoner necro so that i could kill fallen one s for skellies :D

Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject:  

Meegz ? wrote:

I would actually put the rest of your points into psn nova or something so you can actually kill a monster to get your skeles...just a thought Wink

My old Summoner Necro back in the day was a sort of hybrid. After maxing Summon stuff I maxed Spear (or Spirit?). But because I didn't have enough points to synergize it, what I found was that anything my merc/golem couldn't kill I *also* couldn't kill with my attacks. So now I just keep two pieces of Trang's gear on, so I get the +18 Fireball.

I guess I'll work on Magi, then, since that seems to be the consensus. I was briefly flirting with maxing my Clay Golem just so I could have a brick shithouse tank to go up against tough bosses (and doesn't cost me money or items to raise), but the tougher Magi ought to help as well. Thanks all.

MiKTeX wrote:
Summoners are cool. So is corpse explosion. Cool

You damn right, nukka. Dropping a whole field of Cows with two button clicks is always sexy.

Sad

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject:  

Meegz ? wrote:
on a summoner you use iron golem if your merc isnt wearing bramble (i figure his aint)

Iron Golem's aura is not shared, so really is pointless in that sense. Although Iron Golem's can Be pretty good attackers depending on what you make them out of...a personal favorite for me is ik maul. Cheap, adds +damage to demons/undead and a nice amount of crushing blow.

but as for the rest of your points, i would invest into either a) magis or b) golem/mastery

MiKTeX

BNet Acct/Realm: HAHA JK MY GOOD ACCS GOT BANNED
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject:  

Sad wrote:
Although Iron Golem's can Be pretty good attackers depending on what you make them out of...a personal favorite for me is ik maul. Cheap, adds +damage to demons/undead and a nice amount of crushing blow.

I think, for the first time ever, I might consider saving IK mauls I find and putting them onto my summoner. Razz

Too bad they can't be ethereal. Ethereal iron golems are fun.

The Future of LLD101
skulls wrote:
Now you know the reason why only a very few of the over 4000 members participate in arena dueling..most are to fat and slow to be any good

Page 1 of 2 [24 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: