LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:21 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
What type of music do you listen to?
Page 7 of 7 [98 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Goky

1.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject:  

Torrent wrote:
Goky wrote:
I've seen way too many pretentious music freaks have some sort of favorite band that one day actually manages to make it onto the radio and they all cry "OH MAN I DONT LIKE THAT BAND ANYMORE THEY SOLD OUT" just because they can no longer pretend to be unique butterflies who listen to some band that only 7 people have ever heard of and they are unique and cool.

Dude I'm like that with everything. It feels good.

Dude throw barbs are like so 2002. They used to be cool but they totally sold out and now it's all about the poison potion redemption paladin.
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject:  

Haven't you ever had that feeling, whether it be from seeing a new TV show that no one has heard of, or a band that no one has heard of, or even knowing about a great spot in town that no one ever goes to...its like you own it.

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
zarc

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast NonLadder *fyarbeast USEast Ladder *fyarbeast1
-2.48 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject:  

Torrent wrote:
Haven't you ever had that feeling, whether it be from seeing a new TV show that no one has heard of, or a band that no one has heard of, or even knowing about a great spot in town that no one ever goes to...its like you own it.

that is definitely true. But there are some bands that sell out that i still love to death. For instance Of Montreal. I doubt many of you have ever heard the name, but you surely have heard the "Lets go outback tonight" jingle that they did. They totally bastardized one of my favorite songs by them and i hate the commercial but i still love them.

Goky

1.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject:  

Of course I have! I try not to do it with bands. Chances are, despite the opinions of many people, the obscure bands they listen to actually would like to make enough money to make a career out of their work. If you really like a band, and the band is doing successful, shouldn't you be happy for them? Seems kind of selfish to get mad at a band for actually getting some monetary gain from their art.
zarc

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast NonLadder *fyarbeast USEast Ladder *fyarbeast1
-2.48 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject:  

Goky wrote:
Of course I have! I try not to do it with bands. Chances are, despite the opinions of many people, the obscure bands they listen to actually would like to make enough money to make a career out of their work. If you really like a band, and the band is doing successful, shouldn't you be happy for them? Seems kind of selfish to get mad at a band for actually getting some monetary gain from their art.

but those bands who would sacrifice artistic integrity for money, those are the ones who are doing it for the wrong reasons. Though their are plenty of bands who make tons of money who don't change their sound or cater the wants of the record execs, chances are if you hear it on the radio they did. That isn't to say that there are no people left who are successful through their own power (kanye west, daft punk, system of a down, and prodigy to name a few). But many of the so called "rock stars" don't know the first thing about writing rock music, much less any music at all beyond power chords and scales.

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject:  

Rise Against are coming into the mainstream now, but i try not to let that drag me down. when you go to a Rise Against show, you can tell they're still the same band they used to be

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Joeyzdead

BNet Acct/Realm: Of_Murder, Of_Murderers , Joeyzdead
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject:  

but when you goto a rise against show you can also tell all the kids who never hear their music before they started playing it more on the tv and radio, and the kids who have never hear any of their earlier work. but at least the band hasn't changed really =)
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject:  

oh you definately can haha. when they say something like "we're gonna play a song off of Revolutions Per Minute" and then people cant sing along and stop moshing, its because they're band-wagon jumpers Razz

by the way, did you pick up the new Unseen cd?

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Page 7 of 7 [98 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: