LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri May 31, 2024 1:11 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
When you are arrested or questioned by police.
Page 1 of 4 [51 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Bloody Mess

BNet Acct/Realm: a human container, looking for a new container pretty soon
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject:  When you are arrested or questioned by police.
Subject description: tell your stories, dos and don'ts in police custody

Although I haven't been in any major troubles with the law just yet. It makes me wonder what I should be ready for when I do butt heads with the law-dogs.

Personally, I'm a very short tempered person. I hate any kind of authority over me. Hell who the fuck wants to be told to do anything against their own will? Not many, I assume. I try to do things that are acceptable in decent society, no doubt but when the law steps into the picture and waste my short time on Earth, I take offense and I'll fuckin' let them know too.

One time me and my little brother went to Wal-Mart to buy a video game. I bought it and decided for him to carry it while I browsed a bit. After browsing I didn't find anything interesting, go-figure its Wal-Mart. We exited out only to be confronted by 2 police officers. I was like "somethin' wrong?" I wasn't gonna say, "Is there something wrong officer?" its too proper and I have always hated when some fucker got in my face.

The cop that was in front of me said they had a call saying I put something in the bag that was not purchased. Thats when I got so pissed, I answered immediately, "you wanna check my receipt, my brother's bag and say that to me again dude?" I was fired the fuck up but I kept it cool. I mean to say I stole something, what the fuck!?! Anyways, dude checks my bag, receipt and confirms it with the store. They apologized and the incident ended. But the feeling still lingers in from time to time.

I still think I should've made them give me a gift card for my troubles and time wasted on their fuckin' mistake. Anyways here are some things I think you should do or don't do when confronted, arrested, questioned, blah blah, any time you spend near law enforcement.

They can only detain you, keep you in custody, only after they have put you under arrest. Meaning after your rights have been read to you and you have understood them.

Dos
1. One & only, stfu, your mouth is your worst enemy in police custody.

Don'ts
1. all of the above

Another thing to keep in mind is that the police have a quota to meet each month and on holidays, especially holidays. Meaning they have to give out a certain amount of citations or issued tickets to people, usually at the beginning and the end of each month.

So be aware on holidays, weekends, beginning and end of each month these "pigs" I mean police are on you or on the prowl.

Know that you have 1 free phone call by law, yes its the law. They won't tell you this. So if you know this, you should call someone that can really help you. I'd say a relative for sure, no friends, I repeat, NO FRIENDS, period, unless they are very very close to you. You guys can add what else is good to do or not to do in this kind of situation. Hopefully this is a good heads up unless this is already obvious to most of you folks. Cool

p.s. and in any case, if you are guilty, don't ever admit it, EVER! Wink

Last edited by Bloody Mess on Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:38 am; edited 2 times in total
ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject:  

You forgot the most basic and absolute DON'T there is:

Dont let your temper control you. Then you wont get in a situation where you need a list of do's and don'ts for handling police.

However, you might want to give this a watch. It might be worth your time.
Goky

1.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject:  

What?! They asked you a question outside of a wal-mart!! I tell you this really GRINDS MY GEARS I am SO PISSED I'm calling the ACLU AND MAKING YOUTUBE VIDEOS AS WE SPEAK.
Bloody Mess

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject:  

Goky wrote:
What?! They asked you a question outside of a wal-mart!! I tell you this really GRINDS MY GEARS I am SO PISSED I'm calling the ACLU AND MAKING YOUTUBE VIDEOS AS WE SPEAK.

Take into account I'm not white/Caucasion and I live in a highly white/Caucasian city and you will understand a bit better why I would be pissed.

Mr_Bilson

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject:  

haha ive been arrested 2 times but got diversion both times so no criminal record. it was for minor stuff (arrested for disordly behavior)though like throwing stuff of the top of buildings and driving around throwing water bombs at people in town. <- how is this NOT funny? they thought we had filled them up with some acid of some sort though (wtf? im not a psyco O_o )

almost got arrested here though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7MiiKdYxcQ that was a good night ^^
Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject:  

reasoning behind that video sooperman? wondeing what it was about lol. All i saw was team doolz cops vs hippie in red pants. (who got owned, i think the cops were sorbing him)
Last edited by Mimes on Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

BNet Acct/Realm: OutlawHeaven/OutlawHvn @USEast@Azeroth@AIM
12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject:  

It all depends on the situation, and how well you know police protocol. I'm only speaking about where I live, so I'm not sure if it applies outside NY.

wrote:
They can only detain you, keep you in custody, only after they have put you under arrest. Meaning after your rights have been read to you and you have understood them

Police officers can casually talk with strangers and ask you questions, (which you do not have to answer), and depending on your responses, an officer's "level of suspicion" may rise or fall. If he suspects you of something, he can continue to hold a conversation with you until he believes he has probable cause that you are breaking the law, or whatever.

Honestly, the best thing you can do is remain calm. If you did nothing wrong, theres nothing to worry about except a slight inconvience. I guess the moral of the story is, to never let your emotions get in the way of a sound judgement.

Mr_Bilson

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject:  

Mimes wrote:
reasoning behind that video sooperman? wondeing what it was about lol. All i saw was team doolz cops vs hippie in red pants. (who got owned, i think the cops were sorbing him)

i was there but not in that video. was prety funny-> that kid got wasted by the cops Laughing

it was all because of this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undie_500
Vixen

BNet Acct/Realm: The 'Big Apple'
7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: When you are arrested or questioned by police.
Subject description: tell your stories, dos and don'ts in police custody

Bloody Mess wrote:
We exited out only to be confronted by 2 police officers. I was like "somethin' wrong?" I wasn't gonna say, "Is there something wrong officer?" its too proper and I have always hated when some fucker got in my face.

Bad ass.

"Vixen's also the name of a reindeer"
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject:  

one stupid pig pulled me over and tried to tell me i was high on something because "my eyes were bloodshot and my pupils were huge even though he was shining his light right in my eyes." he said he pulled me over because i was driving erratically, but im pretty sure he pulled me over because i was the only car on the road at 2am. anyway, he made me take a breathalyzer (because i guess i was drunk too), i blew zero then he said i should get my truck checked out because something was off. i was so tempted to tell him to go fuck himself, especially since he pulled me over about 30 seconds from home. but i sucked it up and just raged on my way home.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Bloody Mess

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject:  

Waramp wrote:
one stupid pig pulled me over and tried to tell me i was high on something because "my eyes were bloodshot and my pupils were huge even though he was shining his light right in my eyes." he said he pulled me over because i was driving erratically, but im pretty sure he pulled me over because i was the only car on the road at 2am. anyway, he made me take a breathalyzer (because i guess i was drunk too), i blew zero then he said i should get my truck checked out because something was off. i was so tempted to tell him to go fuck himself, especially since he pulled me over about 30 seconds from home. but i sucked it up and just raged on my way home.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the law-dogs.

Vixen

BNet Acct/Realm: The 'Big Apple'
7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject:  

Man you guys have it rough.

One cop talks to someone outside of a Wal Mart after getting a report of a crime THEN apologizes for being mistaken and another pulls someone over gives them a brethalyzer, tells them they think there's a problem with their car and lets them go.

Damn the law.

I've got an idea, next time someone comes in your home with a gun/knife/sharp object to rob and/or kill you, feel free to not call the cops.

If someone in your family is kidnapped, feel free not to call the cops.

If you're the victim of some heinous crime other than that of law enforcement doing routine stops or responding to reports, feel free to not call the cops.

I'm sure with pricks like you out of the way they can save someone worth something.

"Vixen's also the name of a reindeer"
TacoBell

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject:  

In a nutshell, you just need to know what rights you have and don't act physically violent. If a cop pulls you over aside from a sobriety test there's not much else they can do unless you're stupid.
dragonfire_god

BNet Acct/Realm: US East NL SC
2.22 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject:  

Know your rights and hope you don't get a asshole for a cop, thats my only "dos"

I had my brothers batchler party crashed by some 350 pound cops, lucky none of us were drinking yet, but they said we we all high and drunk I said "Nah, we havn't been drinking and we are certianly not high, but if you don't believe us we will be more then willing to go down to the local hospital and take some ABC tests to prove it" the one cop said that we were giving him "big stones" and we thought we were something big....(i was thinking dude if we were giving your fat ass some big stones you might have lost some weight and could have made it up the stairs here in less then 10 minutes)..and then he called for more backup and about 10 minutes later another 350 pound cop came in, lucky for us this guy was nice and was even joking with us and shit. It was kinda scary at one point because my brother who has epilepsy was getting really cocky and at one point we all thought he was gonna hit the one cop which would have sucked ass, they put him up agienst the wall and shit. Until we told him he has epiliepsy and then they let him go.....then they got the hell outta there lol.

nobody got arrested or anything, only good to come out of the whole thing is the fact that those cops lost about 50 pounds coming up the three flights of stairs to see us.

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Its Not The Strong Who Survive But The Survivors Who Are Strong.

The insanity of my sin bodes within.
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject:  

Vixen wrote:

Damn the law.

I have a better idea. Move to Kuwait, where I was told the following words of wisdom regarding the local police:

1. If a cop starts flashing his lights at you, NEVER stop anywhere that isn't public. Keep driving until you reach an American military base, or a place where westerners congregate. 99 out of 100 cops may just be looking for a bribe, but you never know if that hundredth guy has family that just got killed in Iraq, and is looking for revenge.

2. Always carry at least 40KD (about $140 American) on you at all times. If the police decide to pull you over (they don't need a reason) you will be "charged" for them having to "file a report". In essence, carry bribe money.

3. Women are discouraged from driving by themselves. Police have been known to pull them over and solicit them, threatening them with jail if they don't comply.

These are not urban legends. They were documented occurrences that led to these "unofficial suggestions" being in place. I had a friend who worked security who had to pull two cops off a female soldier who had stopped outside a base because said police pulled her over. (They were close enough that my friend's security detail spotted the flashing lights in the evening's dimness.) I personally never got harassed by the cops (I'm just olive-skinned enough to pass for Syrian or Lebanese), but I knew people who had.

So, yeah. You want to see how fucked up law enforcement can really get? Spend time in a third-world country. Wink

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
Page 1 of 4 [51 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: