LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed May 01, 2024 1:57 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Who/What Dictates the "Type" of Duelers
Page 1 of 2 [29 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject:  Who/What Dictates the "Type" of Duelers  

I've noticed that duelers sort of come and go in waves and sometimes it is a new item (ie: grief/fort spawned a whole new generation of smiters) and sometimes it is just popularity (ie: someone publishes a guide for a "ghost" sin on a site somewhere) and all of a sudden you see 100 people trading for hybrid sin gear.

I used to see hundreds of nova sorcs... then it went back to fb/200fcr sorcs... then pallys got a huge boost and even acquired cool new names like V/T, mage, etc

Barbs used to be just one thing until someone decided that barbs need to have classes of BVA, BVB, BVC and now rare rings are sold as "Gee Eff Gee BVC ring".

for a short time I saw a huge amount of summoner/tele necros that used beast wep or a1 merc w/faith to get fana aura.

Last few months I saw about a dozen town summoning druids with aura bears attacking ppl from town.

Remember when insight came out there were a million chargers all of a sudden using insight? LLD101 even had to make rules/limits when it happened but at hi lvl ppl made insight chargers too. Before that ppl liked using ribcracker or bonesnap upped and a host of other weapons.

Lite javas and FOH'ers used to be the norm now you hardly see them unless they are some sort of hybrid for versatility.

Anyway, do you think it is the items, the guides, the "cool kids", what drives the popularity of one build over another??

Discuss...

P.S. Don't answer it is ME! either roflmfao!!! Noobs!

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject:  

well you ask if it was cool kids, then tell us not to say "its me!" but seriously, i spawned a generation of nigma javazons last ladder. i think someone just sees a char that dominates a dueling game (even if its full of pubs) and they want to imitate that char so that they can pwn noobs too. same with the sundance barb and fissure druid epidemics of last ladder haha.

either way, i like to go against the norm, thats why my only hld char atm is a full gris foher

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

BNet Acct/Realm: OutlawHeaven/OutlawHvn @USEast@Azeroth@AIM
12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject:  

Whatever works is whats popular.

Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject:  

after a wave of chars, theres a wave of chars that can beat the last wave. then a wave to beat this wave, and so on.

666 post....
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject:  

Clearly you were the first sundance barb. And the guides for telepokers are only dating back to 1.10...

Smiters were popular before grief, grief just made it easier for every rando and their mother to have a decent one. With new items comes new builds.

Like in the last year there has been an influx of crappy es/fb sorcs. Where the idea that these were good came from I don't know, but my mld sorc kills hld es/fb's through and through. Es/lit is a different story (those bastards)

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
oleo79

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest nonladder + ladder
4.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject:  

Wank wrote:
Clearly you were the first sundance barb.

What's a sundance barb? I've never heard of one.

wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject:  

oleo79 wrote:
Wank wrote:
Clearly you were the first sundance barb.

What's a sundance barb? I've never heard of one.
And who comes up with these names ROFL???

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject:  

my barb's name was Sundance-RD, he was a lvl 38 eth hone sundan ww barb. then i joined a game one day and someone said "omfg another sundance barb..." i saw about 4 clones of my barb within the next week or so. and this was about a week after i finally showed a pub my gear.

imp i never said i invented either of those builds. but there were none or at least next-to-none on west ladder at the time i built them, then there were a lot of them shortly after. either way, it was just to make a point

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
oleo79

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest nonladder + ladder
4.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject:  

Waramp wrote:
my barb's name was Sundance-RD, he was a lvl 38 eth hone sundan ww barb. then i joined a game one day and someone said "omfg another sundance barb..." i saw about 4 clones of my barb within the next week or so. and this was about a week after i finally showed a pub my gear.

imp i never said i invented either of those builds. but there were none or at least next-to-none on west ladder at the time i built them, then there were a lot of them shortly after. either way, it was just to make a point

Darn it, I was trying to insult you. You ruined it.

Meegz ?

BNet Acct/Realm: *meegz @ east ladder
39.74 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject:  

Some ppl get an idea for a build they havent seen before and since its unseen/unused when it gets built it goes on a rape spree so ppl start to mimic it, and build to counter it.

I remember when trappers started dominating the scene nearly no one used dual claws. It was all hoto+ss or hoto+sanc. Now you never see them anymore

Napalm loves the little children of the world.
lld_newb

BNet Acct/Realm: Deserves a spam section.
70.13 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject:  

oleo79 wrote:
Waramp wrote:

Darn it, I was trying to insult you. You ruined it.

Nice fail hoe. I maek fun charz ftw, they work 1 week and dont the next make do bitchez?! <3

Zeiris-lld

BNet Acct/Realm: siriez, siriez2, zeiris-lld, zeiris, zeiris1
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject:  

A lot of it is probably someone seeing an awesome character they liked and making their own. I built my ES/FB sorc after one tanked my liberator's charge, my HLD fissure town camper after I saw little-cheeze, etc...

Only the really really good guides create an influx of duelers imho. And it doesn't always happen, some (imo) good guides go under the radar. Take poison zons for example.

Retired: Haruspex (30/fissure) Kukamunga (30/hammerdin) Bungabunga (30/charge) NoPotsJustHax (30/regen/charge) AllMyShootings (30/enchant/bowmerc) CapnCapslock (27/mindblast/hammer) Salamander (19/fireball HC disposa-PK) ForgottenName (18/range 5 basher)
Equipped: leaper (14/doublethrow) Flayer (33/firetrapper)
lld_newb

BNet Acct/Realm: Deserves a spam section.
70.13 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject:  

Zeiris-lld wrote:
A lot of it is probably someone seeing an awesome character they liked and making their own. I built my ES/FB sorc after one tanked my liberator's charge, my HLD fissure town camper after I saw little-cheeze, etc...

Only the really really good guides create an influx of duelers imho. And it doesn't always happen, some (imo) good guides go under the radar. Take poison zons for example.

good example Smile

Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject:  

or my lvl 15 atd sorc Sad
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject:  

lld_newb wrote:
Zeiris-lld wrote:

good example Smile
ya i wanna remake mine... well I gotta give props to food ranger for building it and his friend (my brain won't work) for letting me in on "the build secret"... but ya she is super fun. On remake she'll be much more evil and more deadly. ATM she is my "annoy-a-zon".

Page 1 of 2 [29 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: