LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:04 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
Level 25 Thornadin
Page 1 of 3 [37 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Puddles

BNet Acct/Realm: Mr_Puddles/USEast Non-Ladder
5.38 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject:  Level 25 Thornadin  

Introduction:
Do you hate duelers that start attacking you all of a sudden? This is a character that may look like some random dueler because of his level, and people may also think that he is a "noob" because he uses Thorns as his aura. Once someone starts attacking you, he'll/she'll be surprised that he/she keeps on damaging himself/herself. Don't worry when dueling "decent" melee duelers because this character can also use Smite. People that you duel may keep on spamming that you're "bad mannered" or "how many points in thorns?", but you can just ignore them. Also, keep in mind that this dueler is not legal in this forum's tournament(s), but it's fun to duel people with Razz.

Equipment:
Helmet: 3 Socketed Crown with Amn runes (attacker takes damage of 42)
Armor: 4 Socketed Gothic Plate with Amn runes (attacker takes damage of 56)
Weapon: The General's Tan Do Li Ga socketed with a Hel rune or a -15% Requirement jewel (50% slow)
Weapon #2: Bonesnap
Shield: 4 Socketed Heraldic, Aerin, or Crown Shield (doesn't matter which one you choose and stats don't matter on the shields) with Perfect Skulls (attacker takes damage of 80)
Belt: Sigon's Wrap
Gloves: Sigon's Gage
Amulet: Angelic Wings
Ring: Angelic Halo
Ring #2: Angelic Halo (I personally recommend this because you'll get more Attack Rating when you use Charge)
Boots: Goblin Toe

In Stash:
Rusthandle (for +4 Thorns)

Skills:
*This guide requires a Hell Rush

Smite - 1 Point
Charge - 1 Point
Thorns - 20 Points (Maxed)
Prayer - 13 Point
Cleansing - 1 Point
Meditation - 1 Point

Stats:
You start out as:

Strength: 25
Dexterity: 20
Vitality: 25
Energy: 15

You end up with:
*Stats with Hell Rush
Strength: 70 (no points in here, you'll get 45 points from 5 to Strength Large Charms)
Dexterity: 30 (no points in here, but you get 10 points from the Angelic amulet/ring bonus)(also, you don't want maxed block so you can let them hit you Mr. Green)
Vitality: 160 (all points in here)
Energy: 15 (no points in here)

Battle Tactic(s):

When both you and the player dueling you types go to start, just keep on smiting him. If you get real close to dying during a duel, switch to your secondary weapon and start charging back and forth to avoid getting hit. When you run out of mana and can't wait for Meditation to fully regenerate your mana, just switch back to your smiting set-up and smite away.

Notes: For charms, use seven 5 to Strength Large Charms. Fill the rest of your inventory with 11~15 to Life Small Charms. You can try getting maxed block, but I prefer not having maxed block since you want your opponent to hit you.

Other Information:

Slow: 50%
From gears: 178 Attacker Takes Damage of* (29.66 damage in Player Versus Player because of the 1/6 penalty)
Thorns: 1010% Damage Returned in Player Versus Monster (101% damage in Player Versus Player)
Life: 700~900 (should be around this range)
Charge Damage: 320~470

Comments Plox Mr. Green

Last edited by Puddles on Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:41 pm; edited 21 times in total
FudGe

BNet Acct/Realm: *MaStEr_FuDgE, jacquesstrap on D2JSP
2.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
Player vs Player: Thorns will do 1/10th the damage

Add the 1/6 PvP penalty ontop of this and thorns will be doing 1/16th the dmg.[/quote][/code]

AmishSpeedGoat

BNet Acct/Realm: Yes
38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject:  

It wont work, trust me.

However what you could do is get a necromancer and have him use iron maiden, since its bm you could:

Cast iron maiden
Cast bone armor (try and get it to where you have the most melee damage absorb possible)
then cast multiple bone prisons so they have no way to get out

I gaurentee you it will make jumpers alot more hesitant if they are in the smiter/melee class.
Puddles

BNet Acct/Realm: Mr_Puddles/USEast Non-Ladder
5.38 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject:  

Rhamax wrote:
It wont work, trust me.
This character does work Confused . I've had this character made awhile ago, and it does extremely well against Kickers, Javazons, and some Zealots. Too bad that most of the Javazons and Zealots I duel uses a Bow or a Throwing Weapon on switch Sad.
Last edited by Puddles on Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
1_def_pwn3r

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject:  

This build rocks. I've met you before Mr.Puddles. And you popped this char out on my kicker. My kicker doesn't even hit for much damage, and your char wasn't even fully finished yet, but it still won >.<. I love this build so much, thanks for posting it. BTW IT ROCKS! =P
Chibi

BNet Acct/Realm: Lou Ky, UsEast
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject:  

Mr_Puddles wrote:
Rhamax wrote:
It wont work, trust me.
This character does work Confused . I've had this character made awhile ago, and it does extremely well against Kickers, Javazons and Zealots. Too bad that most of the Javazons and Zealots I duel uses a Bow or a Throwing Weapon on switch Sad.

when are you usually on? I'd like to see this in game

AmishSpeedGoat

38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject:  

Like Fudge said. Say your opponent zeals 1000 damage.

1000/10 = 100
100/6= 16.6 damage.

That means for every one zeal your thorns will be doing 16 damage back. Now do this math:

Your opponent zeals 1000

1000/6 = 166.6 damage per zeal.

So its 166 vs 16. Not to mention most zealots hit 2000+ so you can double the numbers I just said (used 1000 as a example) and factor in deadly strike which hits double that. So all in all this sounds very far fetched.

Did you make 1 def owner yourself and then post?
Matroskin

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject:  

Rhamax wrote:

However what you could do is get a necromancer and have him use iron maiden, since its bm you could:

Cast iron maiden
Cast bone armor (try and get it to where you have the most melee damage absorb possible)
then cast multiple bone prisons so they have no way to get out

Friend of mine (Me! on this forum i think) made atd nec. He used amplify instead of IM. Didnt even have to bm that much. 24/7 BA recasting ampli-ATD nec seems the best choise to me.
Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject:  

i made an ATD sorcy. this char will only work since you have a lot of attacker takes dmg. as stated above the thorns wont do much at all. i would use something like cleansing all the time (with maxed prayer) and just be an ATD medic (also pump holy bolt).

also im pretty sure slow doesnt stack past 50% unless you have holy freeze. even then it cant go past 100% slow (50 from gens 50 from hf) making deaths gloves would be the obvious choice.
Hong10

BNet Acct/Realm: *QuatroFun *HeLOL / East SC NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject:  

Mimes wrote:
i made an ATD sorcy. this char will only work since you have a lot of attacker takes dmg. as stated above the thorns wont do much at all. i would use something like cleansing all the time (with maxed prayer) and just be an ATD medic (also pump holy bolt).

also im pretty sure slow doesnt stack past 50% unless you have holy freeze. even then it cant go past 100% slow (50 from gens 50 from hf) making deaths gloves would be the obvious choice.

yea as far as i know slow stacks at 90% and it is capped at 50% per source. on my lamedin i use 40% holy freeze and 50% generals

ps: got some information from here

1_def_pwn3r

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject:  

Im not really good at getting gear. But im trying really hard to get a 4os gothic plate and 4os heraldic sheild. I have most of the runes. Once i create. Ill duel anyone =P. If anyone has the items ill be happy to trade off quick. and then i still gotta rush him hehe. but once its done. i know ill be happy. So.......this build is nice. BTW. I am not Mr. Puddles. I can only hope to match up to him. But u cant believe that so what have i got to say then.
Shieron
The Man

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast:*Shieron, *Shieron2
8.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject:  

1_def_pwn3r wrote:
So.......this build is nice. BTW. I am not Mr. Puddles.

This doesn't raise suspicion at all..

EDIT: My bad, didn't realize Rhamax had questioned him about it. I thought he was saying this unprovoked.

Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject:  

ahh, i think you might be right hong :/ damn. i wasted a bunch of extra skills getting 48% slow from HF that i didnt need too...
AmishSpeedGoat

38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject:  

Shieron wrote:
1_def_pwn3r wrote:
So.......this build is nice. BTW. I am not Mr. Puddles.

This doesn't raise suspicion at all..

EDIT: My bad, didn't realize Rhamax had questioned him about it. I thought he was saying this unprovoked.

Ha ya, Im not questioning him in a "ZOMG R j00 MULTEE ACCNTING, PLZ GET BANED PLZ!" But it IS kind of wierd that someone just joines and his first post is "Wow this build rocks, Mr Puddles your so awesome one day I hope I can be as good as you.".
1_def_pwn3r

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject:  

I am making the char. Idk if this changes your mind about that multi accounting stuff, but, if Mr. Puddles did have two accounts how come he hasn't posted yet. I think before we question him and hope he gets banned. At least give him a chance to speak. Whenever that is =P. Idk if you believe me now. 1_def_pwn3r is a real account on USeast NL. So you can whisper me if you want and stuff. Mabye i can prove im not Puddles. Who knows? I just hope Mr. Puddles doesn't get banned. I'd feel pretty bad. and BTW why would Puddles do this? He's already pretty popular on lld101. He's got a few guides I see. I dont think he would stoop and do something like that. Enough talking. Think NOW. =P
Page 1 of 3 [37 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
Jump to: