LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:06 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
I founded a old friend
Page 1 of 2 [21 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
AmishSpeedGoat

BNet Acct/Realm: Yes
38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject:  I founded a old friend
Subject description: hai dao jones

Ok, I got the first guild wars (prophocies iirc) awhile ago, however after about a week of playing it I felt it lacked in something and it overall didnt impress me. However today I heard that some of my friends like it and are going to buy it and play it so I want to get into it again (If I have friends I know im sure that will make up for something).

Anyways I was looking for guides and what do you know? I happen to stumble apon a familiar face, Good ol Dao Jones! I saw a FAQ he had written two years ago:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/914653/38248

Anyways I just wanted to post because mainly im bored but also because as I read it I got interested in a build he had mentioned, the 105 PvE smiter. Now I dont know if this is even possible anymore but I was wondering if anyone knew more about this and could help me create one (however keep in mind im a total nooby and have NO idea of the game in any way).

Also I apologize if this is supposed to go in Alt gaming but I guess its both seeing as I do have questions about the build in the game but also because I just wanted to post that I found dao in a spot I thought I wouldnt! Wink.

But could I get some help? Not only from dao (I wouldve just pmed) but if anyone here who still plays could give a noob like me some tips on how to build a good base first character to familiarize myself with the game that would rule.
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject:  

I've been really busy lately, so I doubt I could hop on GW (I no longer play), and help you out right away, but maybe when things cool down in the next few weeks I can jump on my account and hook you up with some platinum to get you started.

One warning: the builds in that guide are no longer valid. I logged on a few months ago out of curiosity, and found that the old 105/55 builds are garbage. There are, however, new builds that use similar basic info, and if I can go look at my Monk I can help you out there.

One IMPORTANT tip: at some point early on in post-searing (if you haven't been there I won't spoil it for you), you'll get a mission called something like "Cities of Ascalon". The quest reward will seem lame; it'll give you some magic boost, but eat 50 of your health to do it. Obviously, you want to keep this thing, as it will be crucial to your solo farming Monk build later.

[Edit: this should go in Alt Games, so I'll move it. No one cares where I hide. For the record, I also have a beginner's guide to Morrowind posted on GameFAQs, as well as a review for Playboy: The Mansion.]

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject:  

I found this a long time ago when looking up stuff for Morrowind.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/file/915084/30441

I wonder if Dao has written any guides for other useful techniques... Wink

Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject:  

Yah, I'm a friggin' national treasure. Hey Rhamax - what's your name in GW? I'll make an effort to hop on if I know what times you're likely on.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject:  

He'll probably never find this thread again.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
AmishSpeedGoat

38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject:  

Wank wrote:
He'll probably never find this thread again.

Wrong, I just did, it only took me 20 some odd minutes.

My email (that I use to log into) is payperbag@europe.com and the guy im playing is psycho ape. I dont know if adding a friend requires the email or the specific name so I gave both.

However my aunt gave us a surprise visit (all the way from chicago) that not even my parents knew about so I might not be on much (I gotta hang out with my aunt cause shes the best one in the world). But ya, add me and I would love some pointers from a pro :p.

However I have cross country practice which is about 2 hours after school with homework on top so I vary from around 5-10 p.m centeral(sp?) time. It really depends but ya if your just bored or whatever I could always learn some basics.
Wank

57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject:  

Ha! My cross country practice is 2 hours before school starts, running in the heat is no fun Smile. We habs a meet tomorrow, (I'm honestly only in it to get out of school)

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject:  

of topic, but it seems quite a few people run XC Shocked

this is the 1st time in....4 years i havent done it. My coach (who was amazing) got a job offer that he was going to hold off on for another few years, but he was told that if he didnt take the position this year they would find someone else to fill it...so the new head coach is an asshole who hates me for no in particular... so i quit. im going to pick up indoor track and do distance, as well as do outdoor distance again.

the seniors/juniors who care meet b4 school and run, then again after for a 2nd practice Shocked
AmishSpeedGoat

38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject:  

Wank wrote:
Ha! My cross country practice is 2 hours before school starts, running in the heat is no fun Smile. We habs a meet tomorrow, (I'm honestly only in it to get out of school)

This your first year? If your in it to get out of school it sounds like it because the meets are way tougher then school lol.

Anyways lets get on topic so we dont get busted by the fuzz Wink.
Wank

57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject:  

Rhamax wrote:
Wank wrote:

This your first year? If your in it to get out of school it sounds like it because the meets are way tougher then school lol.

Yeah it is my first year, but my school sucks. Hella anal on all the rules. I don't mind running 3 miles for a full day of teh socializationzz.

I would never be in a sport if I didn't enjoy doing it. Practice every morning, meets on Saturdays, it would just be stupid to run 3 miles and hate it.

Equipped Lvl 30's:

Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject:  

we run a lot more then 3 miles Shocked

we do probably ~3 miles just as a warm up.
Wank

57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject:  

Mimes wrote:
we run a lot more then 3 miles Shocked

we do probably ~3 miles just as a warm up.

Random number. Our practice days are 6 or so miles, the meets are 3-4 miles, very fast pace.

Equipped Lvl 30's:

AmishSpeedGoat

38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject:  

I doubt it seeing as the open K's usually only hit 5-6 miles for STATE. So I doubt you have a 6 mile training unless your going national.

I really wish I was a kenyan, I would pretty much be the best at cross country.
Knifer

BNet Acct/Realm: Hawaii/Oregon
1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject:  

Rhamax wrote:
Wank wrote:

hehehe i got out of some classes for meets, run a 100 then sit around for the rest of the day, run a 400 and maybe some relays and you are done.

Shieron
The Man

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast:*Shieron, *Shieron2
8.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject:  

Is it now mandatory to discuss Cross Country in threads?

Page 1 of 2 [21 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Jump to: