LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:32 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
First Halo 3 Campaign Video and Impressions !!!
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject:  First Halo 3 Campaign Video and Impressions !!!  

Link
wrote:
GC 2007: Halo 3 Campaign Impressions
August 22, 2007 - IGN's Australian offices may have beat the US to the scoop when they posted their single player impressions of Tsavo Highway last week, but this is Halo 3 and it's my first time playing the single player campaign. It doesn't matter if you've already read about it. I'm going to write about it again anyway because getting to play Halo 3 is just that exciting. So here goes.

After a frantic day of running around the Leipzig Games Convention, IGN stopped by Microsoft's equally frantic press gathering to see if they might have anything special on display. Lo and behold, amidst the throngs of people rushing for the free beer and soda, there were a few Xbox 360s running Halo 3 for people to hop on and give it a whirl. Well, you could give it a try if you could get past the mass of people crowded around the limited number of screens craning their necks to get a good look. I did and my time with Tsavo Highway began.

You've probably already read the play by play of what the stage is like, so I'll refrain from being redundant as much as possible. If you haven't, I'll refer you once again to our Australian coverage. Instead, you'll just get a fresh set of impressions. A "Top 5" list will do nicely

Top 5 Leipzig GC Halo 3 Moments

5. Gawking at the Stationary Plasma Shield: A lot has been written about the disappointing look of the Halo 3 multiplayer beta that occurred earlier this year. There's little to complain about with the campaign mode, although some will surely find reasons to grumble. The design is quintessentially Halo, evoking a sense of nostalgia you wouldn't think possible from a franchise so young. Just when I was getting reacquainted with the Halo world, I came over a hill to spot a stationary plasma shield. These look awesome. The new look is a natural evolution of what we've seen in past Halo games, but the added effects plastered on it do the more powerful hardware justice.

4. A Suicidal Grunt: The Grunts are always looking for someone to protect them. Trios of them can be found following Brutes all through Tsavo Highway. Take out the Brute and the Grunts lose hope, as they've been known to do in the past. After taking out one Brute with a few shots to the head, a Grunt came running towards me like a raging bull streaming that all too familiar trail of someone that has been stuck by a plasma grenade. Whether he pulled them out himself or got stuck by a friend, I can't be sure. But he definitely didn't survive the resulting blast.

3. Setting the Mood: Tsavo Highway opens with a Warthog ride through a few caves before emerging onto a large, narrow battlefield. Driving through on the new weaponless version of the 'hog, I couldn't help but notice the great use of lighting to set the mood. Spotlights in all the right places, and some sweet lighting effects as I emerged to daylight produced a nice build-up of tension.

2. Brute Chopping a Brute: The Brutes may have brought a new vehicle to the party, but that doesn't mean the Chief can't use it against them. Hopping behind the wheel of the Brute Chopper for the first time is great. Running over a Brute with it is even better.

1. Booster Brute Punch: Several Brutes in Tsavo Highway like to make use of some nifty booster packs. With them, they'll try to get the higher ground, gain tactical positioning, or sometimes just hurdle themselves at you. One did the latter with great results…for me. After peppering it with assault rifle rounds, it came down directly into my swinging fist. The result was a smile on my face.

Halo 3's campaign is definitely fun. It's hard to compare Halo 3 to other shooters simply because of the flood of memories playing it brings up. Zipping up a grav-lift to take out a Jackal on top of a platform, busting out a fuel rod gun to take on a Cove

Discuss...

Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Jump to: