LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:43 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
Level 30 Psychic Hammer Assassin.
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
Puddles

BNet Acct/Realm: Mr_Puddles/USEast Non-Ladder
5.38 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject:  Level 30 Psychic Hammer Assassin.
Subject description: Pfft, this'll be an annoying character.

I don't think think this will fit in the "LLD Guides" sub-forum because this guide might be not for "serious" duelers, but it'll be still fun to duel with this character. I was inspired to think of this "annoying" guide by the level 14, 15, and 18 Psychic Hammer Assassins that I have dueled.

Introductions:

Have you ever thought about how annoying Psychic Hammer Assassins were to duel? It also takes them awhile to win in a duel. This is an "improved" and more "annoying" guide to Psychic Hammer Assassins.

Equipment:

Helmet: 2 to Shadow Discipline circlet with "nice" stats with a Perfect Ruby or Perfect Skull
Armor: Skin of the Vipermagi with a Perfect Ruby or Perfect Skull
Weapon: Runeword "Insight" Scythe
Shield: None (Using a two-handed weapon so no shield xP)
Belt: 5% - 10% faster cast rate crafted light belt (10% faster cast rate would be best xP) *Edited
Gloves: Magefist (This is for if you want more faster cast rate) or Frostburn (This is for if you want more mana)
Amulet: 2 to Shadow Discipline amulet with "nice" stats
Rings: Stone of Jordan or 10% faster cast rate + mana rings (Your choice)
Boots: Sander's Riprap

Skills:

*This guide will be for Nightmare Rush because I don't think its worth a Hell Rush xP.

Psychic Hammer - 20 Points
Cloak of Shadows - 1 Point
Mind Blast - 7 Points
Claw Mastery - 1 Point
Weapon Block - 1 Point
Shadow Warrior - 1 Point
Shadow Master - 1 Point
Burst of Speed - 4 Points
Fade - 1 Point

Stats:

You start out as:

Strength: 20
Dexterity: 20
Vitality: 20
Energy: 25

Stats with Nightmare Rush:

Strength: 45 (This is with charms and 5 more strength from Sander's Riprap)
Dexterity: 30 (This is also only from Sander's Riprap, and not much dexterity is needed because you wont have any block)
Vitality: 20 (You wont need many points in here because you'll use 15 life small charms)
Energy: 180

Battle Tactics:

#1. Before a duel, summon a Shadow Master. Cast Burst of Speed if your opponent is a melee char, and if your opponent is a caster, cast Fade. Also, cast Cloak of Shadow on your opponent right before the duel starts.
#2. When the duel starts, stay a distant away from your opponent, and start casting Psychic Hammer.
#3. When you reach your range with Psychic Hammer, wait for your opponent to get closer to you, then start casting again.
#4. You can use Mind Blast whenever you want to stop your opponent from moving (Stun length should be at least 4 seconds at minimum). Then start casting Psychic Hammer. You should set Mind Blast on left click and Psychic Hammer on right click.
#5. Every duel against melee characters might be a risk because you don't have any block at all. Always stay a distant away from your opponent, so you don't get attacked.
#6. This is all I can think of for now. When I can think of more, I'll add them.

Notes:

You don't have to worry about losing mana because you'll have a level 10 - 17 Meditation on. This means that you have a 525% - 700% "Mana Recovery Rate" (Depends what level Meditation you have on your "Insight"). For charms in your inventory, use 5 to strength large charms. You would need four of them if you were to choose Magefist, and eight of them if you were to choose Frostburn. The rest of the space left in your inventory should be full of 15 life small charms. For the skills, I chose a point in Shadow Master because when you summon a Shadow Master, it can use any Assassin skill. It also makes a nice decoy, and I like it when they cast Lightning or Death Sentry. I chose 7 points in Mind Blast because for the stun length. This Assassin wouldn't have maxed resists so I chose a point in Fade for the casters that you would duel. I chose only four points in Burst of Speed because four points were left, and you need some speed to out run Chargers and Guided Arrows.

Comments plx. Mr. Green

Last edited by Puddles on Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Virtuous

BNet Acct/Realm: *Vanished
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject:  

http://newd2event.net/index.php?id=char_guides/faster_cast_rate

You would want the highest FCR BP you could get, which is the 102% one.

I could write a paragraph explaining why this is a terrible guide, but I will just point out a number of obtrusive things.

The gear selection doesn't meet the right FHR/FCR requirements. You should on a rare occasion use 5 strength LCS, this would not be the case. If your PH, you should already realise that mind blast has more benefits and deal without all those points into mind blast, put them into something more constructive like shadow warrior (which mimics your attacks better than a shadow master.

Also, you can't put Mind blast or Psychic hammer on left click.

Guides get more complex with the level of the character. This one is level 30, and there is a ton of technical information that needs to be taken into consideration. Mana isn't that much of a problem at level 30, insight isn't the right option (switch).

Looks like I wrote a paragraph. . . oh well.
Puddles

BNet Acct/Realm: Mr_Puddles/USEast Non-Ladder
5.38 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject:  

Virtuous wrote:

You would want the highest FCR BP you could get, which is the 102% one.

I could write a paragraph explaining why this is a terrible guide, but I will just point out a number of obtrusive things.

The gear selection doesn't meet the right FHR/FCR requirements. You should on a rare occasion use 5 strength LCS, this would not be the case. If your PH, you should already realise that mind blast has more benefits and deal without all those points into mind blast, put them into something more constructive like shadow warrior (which mimics your attacks better than a shadow master.

Also, you can't put Mind blast or Psychic hammer on left click.

Guides get more complex with the level of the character. This one is level 30, and there is a ton of technical information that needs to be taken into consideration. Mana isn't that much of a problem at level 30, insight isn't the right option (switch).

Looks like I wrote a paragraph. . . oh well.
Didn't know you couldn't set Psychic Hammer or Mind Blast on left click. You might be right about Shadow Warrior being better than Shadow Master. Level 30 guides does get more complex than level 18, 9, 12, 21, and 15 guides. I just thought this character would be fun to duel with. Mr. Green
Last edited by Puddles on Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Virtuous

BNet Acct/Realm: *Vanished
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject:  

I'm sorry, seems like I was kind of blunt. I appreciate your effort in writing guides, so here are two fantastic websites for getting breakpoints and item info and class info.

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/
(These links are in no way affiliated with LLD101.com, go to them at your own risk)

Don't download anything from d2event, some of their programs are waaay detectable, you'll get ezbanned.

Hero editor is fine though.

And, no matter what, you should build you character on a hell rush, every little bit of stat points matter. :mrgreen:
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
Jump to: