LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:35 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Q & A Spot
ball/tag question for mods.
Page 2 of 3 [42 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Meegz ?

BNet Acct/Realm: *meegz @ east ladder
39.74 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Dao, I like you. But as just a member of the site, not a mod, I can be almost 100% sure in saying that if it had been Break saying "Cheers mate! Now go back to duping LLD jewels and muling them so you can, uh... "look at them" or whatever the hell it is you do in your free time. " Then he would have gotten tagged or banned or w/e. My best example would have to be Roy's 20 maxed plate...he could have said the same thing to him, but it would have gotten him banned immediately. But the only problem with that is 'it wasnt a flame' as you put it.

From what I have seen, if the roles were reversed, Break would have been balltagged for that statement. Simply because (most of) the mods/admins dont like him.

Nearly every post you make directed towards Break is inflamatory, Dao. How the hell is anyone supposed to put up with that from an admin of a site that Break obviously has dedicated a good portion of his time to? All you have done by telling Break he will get insta-banned should be ever receive another balltag is put a muzzle on a barking dog. And once you've guaranteed your 'safety' in him not being able to respond in the same fashion you talk to him, you jibe and poke at him every fucking chance you get.

Thats how I see it, and from my point of view, its bullshit.

Napalm loves the little children of the world.
breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Thanks for another flame!

What's the point of setting up a discipline system if you just ignore it whenever you want to?
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Meegz ? wrote:
put a muzzle on a barking dog.

And there you have it. Who do I keep on my short list? Is it every member of this site that has ever said something negative about me? No. Is it every member of this site that has ever earned a ball? No. Is it every member of this site that has ever disagreed with me? No. Is it a specific cadre of idiots who pretty much come here and just cause trouble, flaming other users, picking fights with the staff, and generally having nothing but negativity to say about LLD101? Yes.

That's who I keep on my short list. Everyone isn't equal, Meegz. That's just the way of it. Breakbeatz has managed to annoy not one, not two, but THREE of the admins on here (Knarl being the other one). Not to mention several of the mods. What do you think this says about him? Do you think the totality of his trouble is visible to you? Do you know how many of his threads end up in our evidence locker? How many annoying pm's he sends to the staff every time he doesn't get his way?

Fact is, there are too many users who think they know the story, and they don't know the story. You may see what you see, and judge me/us however you want. But just know that you do so from a position of ignorance, which is to say that you are not in possession of all the facts.

And that's pretty much all there is to say about that.

breakbeatz2 wrote:

What's the point of setting up a discipline system if you just ignore it whenever you want to?

Again, I might counsel you to educate yourself on the American justice system. There is what's known "discretionary power" that judges can take in applying the law. Sentences are regularly reduced or increased depending on a number of factors. However, unlike our legal system this is a private enterprise, which means there is no appeals court for you. Oh well. Start your own LLD website.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Meegz wrote:
My best example would have to be Roy's 20 maxed plate...he could have said the same thing to him, but it would have gotten him banned immediately. But the only problem with that is 'it wasnt a flame' as you put it.

Here's the thing though: krajee already warned Break and myself that any public back-and-forth between the two of us would result in banning. I'm not involved in this thread, and there's absolutely no reason to bring this up in the context of "the fairness of the discipline system."

I've never received any balls and I serve on the Moderating staff here. Regardless, I was told that if I say anything to Breakbeatz, I would be banned. And you know what? I respect that decision. It's the Admins' (difficult and thankless) job to make decisions that benefit this site.

I don't need to complain about how unfair it is that I never received any balls, while other repeat offenders have gotten multiple chances to break the rules. I accept it and adjust my conduct accordingly. Everyone should do the same.

yarly
breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Quote:
However, unlike our legal system this is a private enterprise, which means there is no appeals court for you. Oh well. Start your own LLD website.

I'm not even trying to make this personal.

I was just pointing out how moderators on this site will break their own rules when they get raged.

Anyway, do you really think it's coincidence that nearly every top player from East NL got banned?

Do you really think it just so happens that every bad seed on LLD101 decided to play on East NL?

Many bannings are clearly for personal reasons.
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

If anyone thinks that a staff member is being unfair, just remember this - I never ignore private messages.
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

breakbeatz2 wrote:

Do you really think it just so happens that every bad seed on LLD101 decided to play on East NL?

Coming from a West NL player, our bad seeds just don't join the forum, or don't post frequently. We're dumb like that Rolling Eyes .

I don't like getting Ball 1 for my dumb brother Crying or Very sad , oh well, two weeks and its gone...

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Imp wrote:
I don't like getting Ball 1 for my dumb brother Crying or Very sad , oh well, two weeks and its gone...
Oh? I see it as "Imp got a ball 1 for being dumb".
Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

breakbeatz2 wrote:

I'm not even trying to make this personal.

I was just pointing out how moderators on this site will break their own rules when they get raged.

Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Anyway, do you really think it's coincidence that nearly every top player from East NL got banned?

Many bannings are clearly for personal reasons.

I'm not really sure what you're implying here. Are you saying that... we're intentionally banning East NL's "top" players? Why... would we do that? Or are you implying something else?

Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

krajee wrote:
Imp wrote:
Oh? I see it as "Imp got a ball 1 for being dumb".

W/e, meany.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Meegz ?

39.74 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

@ Roy: I understand what you are saying but I was trying to use it as an example for something that has seemed ongoing, and that was the most recent thing that came to mind.

@ Dao: I'm glad you admit to being so biased towards one person you will ban them if they 'flame' you while you can sit back and flame them all you want.

Aqua

BNet Acct/Realm: UsWest[NL] aquabatsarecool, skankinthepit
3.14 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

breakbeatz2 wrote:

Just like police break the speed limits to catch other people speeding and/or breaking the law?

oleo79 wrote:
Why do some people get balls/tagged for something with no warning, but others do not get anything but a warning/thread lock, for the exact same thing?

Dao Jones wrote:
Lastly, the individual in question factors into my decisions.

The moding definately is subjective, but it should be that way. Like the time I got Ball 1 for forgetting about the "no hld for hld" trade rule and did just that. I let krajee know I it had just skipped my mind, and that I should've remembered. He agreed I should've known better, and let me keep my punishment. I don't doubt that he might've handled it differently for another member, but that's his choice. If I had just joined, perhaps he'd have just locked the thread. Then again, he might've given me a ball anyhow to make sure I payed more attention to the rules from then on. It's his decision, and it's ok with me.

Quote:

Since they [mods] created it, isn't it open to their interpretation, not ours?

Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Meegz ? wrote:

@ Dao: I'm glad you admit to being so biased towards one person you will ban them if they 'flame' you while you can sit back and flame them all you want.

Never denied it. I'm an honest guy, despite claims to the contrary. However, you make it sound like I just pulled some sort of phantom hostility out of my ass, picked BB's name out of a hat, and decided to lay some hate his way. Do you really think he's some persecuted innocent? Do you really think someone who breaks the rules ten times should just be enabled to do it time #11, 12, 13, etc? Are you unaware, or just willfully ignorant of his history here?

Let's say you have proof someone was going to rob your house, and that person shows up to your door, crowbar and loot sack in hand. You know he's there to rob your house. Why? Because he previously told you he was going to rob your house as soon as the cops were out of the area. Let's say you have a baseball bat in your hand. Would you point it at him, and tell him if he enters your house you'll beat him? If you do this, you're guilty of attempted assault. Should the police arrest you? Should the judge sentence you of attempted assault for defending your house?

Virtuous

BNet Acct/Realm: *Vanished
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

For those who don't feel like reading through the thread. . .

Dao is whining because breakbeatz hurt his feelings.

I believe I can estimate how many tears were produced by Dao by dividing his word count by 3 and multiplying by 8/9's. . .

Total words: 1725 (Exactly)

Divided by 3: 575

Times 8/9's: ...

I"VE GOT IT!!!

511 tears Daocakes.
Meegz ?

39.74 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Lets see how flawed this is...that wouldnt be attempted assault, that would be intimidation. And I know the law well enough to know that I should tell him to get off my land, he's tresspassing, and that when he doesn't then I can legally beat him because he is holding a weapon (crowbar) that caused me to feel threatened for my safety. So, I wouldn't get arrested, wouldn't get sentenced, and the guy would be in the hospital eating his meals through a straw for a few months, while I'm at home drinking beer and watching TV. Ain't that a bitch for him?

And I know Break's 'history' just fine, that doesn't give you the right to flame him when he can't defend himself just because you don't like him. That's something a bitch would do. Are you saying you're a bitch?

Page 2 of 3 [42 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Q & A Spot

Quick Reply
Username: 

Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum