LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed May 15, 2024 1:30 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
I am currently in nirvanna
Page 1 of 2 [16 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
darcanegel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject:  I am currently in nirvanna
Subject description: be back soon

i got my +MB +Dflight white handscythe, now a strength runeword.

And i still retained a few shreds of my sanity!

thought you should know.

Atm, i got 815 life and 410 mana and VERY close to perfect res, that is 105/145/145/105 to combat 99.9% of lower res. Also I'm up to almost 1.8K AR, which is about 200 better than before. also over 300 average kicks BEFORE venom and max block and 1-1218 traps. and fastest breaks on everything.

You all look like little ants from up here in the clouds...
Down_Zero

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast NL *Wpk
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject:  

i wish i played on whatever realm you play on, i've heard about your assassin a lot..from you. Razz

Sounds pretty cool though. Smile
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject:  

the kicks seem very insignificant compared to the traps really.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
darcanegel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject:  

well 300 kicks is pretty high, unless you sacrifice all your life for strength you can't really get more than about 350-400 average damage. the damage is not really an issue. the low AR, thanks to the lack of angelics sorta sucks, but I'm imagining I'll get at least 2K before I'm done, which is at least enough to hit most casters. I HAVE killed people with pure kicks. and you are sort of right about the kicks vs traps, against high defense characters the kicks serve more to keep them busy and held-in-place while my traps rip through them. I dueled a lvl 84 barb and he died in about 5 seconds under the traps when he didn't move. he got sort of mad about that Very Happy
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject:  

yah i wasnt just talking about the damage. i think you should use at least 1 angelic ring, sacrifice some trap damage. they'll still do a solid amount of damage, probably still ~800, and your kicks will be a lot more effective. not to mention the traps could just do 1 dmg and they'd still serve the purpose of keeping the other person stunned

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
darcanegel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject:  

well if i give up a ring i also give up my sexy trap ammy which has life, mana, mdr, and dex. I'll keep an angelic set in my stash for special occasions, but I think I prefer SoJs and my trap ammy most of the time.
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject:  

the hybird trapper/kicker is in a range players face
if played right should be a hell of anoying character.

i can just forsee the fast paced nuisance it is,
trying to get away from it + traps + mb, at the same time trying to fire when they can just land on you and start kicking.

darcanegel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject:  

heh, damn right.

in any case, about the angelics...as i see it, trappers and kickers sort of lie at opposite ends of a continuum. there are a few potentially good builds along it, and they're sort of arrayed like this:

pure kicker (fade, 70 ias claw, angelics, all points to kicks, master, venom and fade.)
-
kicker w/ MB and traps (fade, 70 ias claw, angelic and fcr/AR ring)
-
speed kicker (mb and WoF and possibly LS too, uses BoS and high fcr helm/rings etc., but main damage from kicks)
-
MY HYBRID
-
trapper with kicks only for vs some casters, mainly Dflight
-
pure trapper

that's basically how i see things...i lean a little more toward traps, but i think the kicks will help me fill in the trapper's weaknesses. by taking an SoJ and my sexy amu it would make me more of a speed kicker type of build. i think i prefer to focus more on traps.

BTW, this baby thrashed a lvl 84 ww-barb today. I thought that was hillarious.
wOOt

BNet Acct/Realm: \m/ Europe -> Finland \m/
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject:  

i have that "speed" kicker as u call it.
65fcr break to mb + max trap layin speed to get them stunned
main dmg comes from kicks ofc combined with 25cb from strength claw..

darcanegel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject:  

strength claw...yes, that would be my current pride and joy. I think I'm gonna go personalize it, my character's name is "nihilist" Very Happy
DSotM
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject:  

just to let you know, the cb on strength will remain ineffective unless it is used on your first hand. And a pure kicker with wof traps is pretty unrealistic being that wof uses a lot of mana and kickers are restrained in 100-200 mana range. As for your ar, I have trouble hitting some people with near 8k ar, so your 1.8k is pretty minute. btw- pure kicker doesn't need 70 ias claw, 'cause if you use a 30 ias Bt that's -20 + 50 (1 shael 1 nef or other) = 75, adn then use IK (Most pure kicekrs do) you hit the bp. I think vs most builds you'll screw the kick and go for trap, being that the dmg is low and the ar is extremely hard to hit with.

LLD FIRE & KICKER GUIDE
Quote:
ISO girlfriend, atleast you don't have to fucking scan her hard drive for spyware once you've finished

breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject:  

Is it +3 MB?

Just wondering
darcanegel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject:  

no, it's +3 Dflight +1mindblast.

and yes, obviously since it's a c/s primary setup the claw is in my first hand.

also, there's no reason for kickers to have that low of mana, except that they're too lazy to get life/mana scs. and note that I didn't CALL it a pure kicker anyway, it's the next stage along in the continuum.

again, as stated before, 300+ kicks isn't low damage, and also as stated before the kicks are NOT a primary attack vs. high defense characters. but vs bowazons, sorcs, etc., kicks are extremely nasty, and traps are sometimes difficult. and as ALSO stated before, vs/ melee the point of the kicks is mostly to hold them in the same place while my traps rip through them doing 100+ damage per second. Most enemies will not have too much defense anyway, and even then the kicks hit fast enough that they will spend a lt of time blocking, leaving more time for traps to hit.
wOOt

BNet Acct/Realm: \m/ Europe -> Finland \m/
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject:  

dsotm wrote:
just to let you know, the cb on strength will remain ineffective unless it is used on your first hand. And a pure kicker with wof traps is pretty unrealistic being that wof uses a lot of mana and kickers are restrained in 100-200 mana range. As for your ar, I have trouble hitting some people with near 8k ar, so your 1.8k is pretty minute. btw- pure kicker doesn't need 70 ias claw, 'cause if you use a 30 ias Bt that's -20 + 50 (1 shael 1 nef or other) = 75, adn then use IK (Most pure kicekrs do) you hit the bp. I think vs most builds you'll screw the kick and go for trap, being that the dmg is low and the ar is extremely hard to hit with.

my lvl 29 kicker has 250 mana atm without mana charms or sumten like that and it seems to b enough to for stunlockin ppl.. and insight in switch helps also..

DSotM

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject:  

All the kickers I know have mana in the hundreds. Sorcs are actually one of the hardest opponents as they have about 1k def and around 1k life.

LLD FIRE & KICKER GUIDE
Quote:
ISO girlfriend, atleast you don't have to fucking scan her hard drive for spyware once you've finished

Page 1 of 2 [16 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: