LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:48 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
Level 18 Kicksin - Revolutionized
Page 2 of 5 [74 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject:  

Hehe, that was cute. You edited your post just to distribute insults throughout your arguments. What a funny edit Smile
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject:  

I started to reply, then realized that I'm spending hours of my free time futilely trying to enlighten one of the most slow-witted people around. Haha?

Let me get this straight. The guy who told me that there are no such things as 2-15 damage jewels at level 18, the guy with the most braindead level 18 price checks, the guy with no level 18 duelers whatsover is trying to criticize my guide and advocating an alternative build that is guaranteed to fail.

Ahahahahahaha.

I'm sorry you're so raged. Did you get stuck auditing an NPO?

Bottom line: If you want to make a level 18 kicker that dies to every single zealot you face, go with Breakbeatz' cookie cutter build. If you don't, go with this build.

End of story.

Edit: No I didn't. I insulted you up front, and edited the post to fix a typo. Of course, you started the flaming for no particular reason other than you like to rage a lot.

yarly
breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject:  

I never flamed, I just criticized your build. And I also never expected you to get a ball, as your flames in this post are much weaker than usual.

Quote:
The guy who told me that there are no such things as 2-15 damage jewels at level 18,

Yep, I made a mistake which you have repeatedly brought up for months. I guess you have to keep bringing up the same one when I make so few.

Quote:
the guy with the most braindead level 18 price checks,

You know the pub dupe was out when I posted that PC right? 50 Hrs were worthless and took 10 minutes for anyone to make.

I'm glad you finally abandoned actually debating the build. I guess you knew you were fighting a losing battle.
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject:  

To the contrary, I'll just let my dueler do the talking. There's no point in defending myself ad nauseum to someone who has such a flawed concept of level 18 dueling. Meanwhile, you can continue to advocate a build that's guaranteed to fail.

And seriously, if you're going to lie and make up excuses for your atrocious price check, at least pick the credible one and claim that you thought the req level was 9. Even in the heyday of the public dupe, 15/12 mana SC's never reached a price of 50 HR's. A mediocre t-spear that can be beaten by ten minutes of shopping Malah, worth 50 HR's? LOLOL.

Stick to the tax returns, chief.

yarly
super-duder

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast NL SC
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject:  

I sometimes use a non hell rushed lvl18 kicker to scout norm games that is setup very much like the cookie cutter build. But I'm using a more resistant and damage reduction type build.

Duskdeep,angelics, crushflange, twitch, swordback, death glove & belt, & sigon boots.

With that you can get max fire & poison res, stack cold to 89, but you'll need another 26 light res from charms to max it.

Regardless of all of that... what I have learned is that OW will make almost no impact in a duel that matters. Any char that your OW makes a noticable impact on you will kill very fast anyways. If I remade I would go pelta all the way. I completely agree that a range 3 weapon would make a big difference but CB is where most of the damage is coming from. I think 33%cb vs 10%cb will be a 25% increase in killing power (like kicking a zealer 20 times vs 25 times)

I can beat a few sub-par zealers but regardless of any technique you may use it will take a long time to take him down and they can just charge you a few times and get some lucky zeals in. 1/3 of the time you can't see their attack animation anyways.

I would like to see your kicker beat a zealer with plain 15 maxers and plain 15 scs. I just can't see it.
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject:  

Hey, Flop right? I'm actually curious to duel your level 18 kicker, even though my build is only about 50% completed at the moment. I want to see how I fare straight up against the standard build, although I have a Bloodfists and a Crushflange for opponents that I don't need to outmaneuver constantly.

I'm hoping that my kicker will be able to beat the standard 15 maxed zealot. I figured that guys with 18+ Maxers and elite charms will still be too much, but I want to give the standard zealot a run for his money.

The low kick damage is the one thing about the build that does concern me, so I think I will probably opt for 9 points in TS and try to get off some charges. Pelta comes in especially handy here as well. This will make me a pure melee dueler and give my kicks a bit more force.

yarly
crawlingdeadman

BNet Acct/Realm: *circusfreaks *crawlingdeadman
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject:  

i'm up for some duels with my cookie cutter kicker. i also would try out my 18 zealot. i've been frustrated on more than one occasion losing to a zealot and have been looking for ways to improve her.

what do you have left to get yours up to 100%, btw? i'd like to see a screenie of stats too.

Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject:  

Awesome, I'll definitely take you up on that - I remember your zealot is pretty formidable, so it will really be a trial by fire.

All I have left to do is to finish off a couple of the stat/skill quests in NM and hell. I've done most of them already, but still missing a couple. Once I've done that, I'll fill up my inventory with lifer charms and I should be pretty well functional. I may hold off on the last 9 skill points for a bit, but I'm tempted to drop them into TS.

I will definitely post a screenie of my stats when I'm done. My gear isn't ideal quite yet, but I'm looking at 920 life, 81 mana, and roughly 160-245 uncharged kick damage.

yarly
super-duder

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast NL SC
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject:  

Yeah its Flop Smile oh yeah, Flop is no more

I gave in on trying to beat the zealers so this build is a general pub dueler. Fairs good against other kickers due to duskdeeps -7dmg. Life is a little low without rush though. Plus I put some sapphires in sockets for more mana because I'm too cheap to use good charms on this build! She is for pub entertainment purposes only.

We can duel though *superduel

or *superdamns
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject:  

didnt wanna read all the long rage essays, but wof wont put a zon into "dodge" lock. its a missile, it'll be "avoid" lock and only if they have avoid. just thought i'd throw that in there

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject:  

Props to your build, man, very thorough. My only complaint is that you didn't have this build a year ago, so I could try her on for size with the throw barb killer. Wink

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
AmishSpeedGoat

BNet Acct/Realm: Yes
38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject:  

Good Job Roy, I like your build.

WoF seems like a waste IMO for a kicker (at level 18.), I really havent used them (So dont lose your temper with me and call me a nub :p) much but Id invest some into TS. You should have overall good ar while your charging and a fully charged kick can do some real damage, good for finishing.

Im certain BB that its alot better then a Cookie cutter. If anything I love the uniqueness(<--- This a word?) of it. I love how you can take a simple cookie cutter build and turn it into something alot better. If I still played east I wouldve challenged you with my cookie cutter zealot Wink.
Elusive

BNet Acct/Realm: *elusive-
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject:  

you land maybe 1 kick by the time the zealot comes into range. not much of a benefit

as discussed before crushing blow matters most in the beginning of the duel when your opponent has more hp remaining. having more than 3x the chance to CB w/ flange over crafted gloves means you will crush more meaning higher chance to crush early.

im starting to think OW isnt as useful as i once thought.

and if you pulled that step away tactic in a melee duel id either charge you or whip out a maxed flail. bye bye range advantage, and with melee being toe to toe dueling, even repositioning is frowned upon, at least on nl. initial positioning strategies are fair game, but not during a duel.

the build has its merits however i agree it will lose toe to toe melee vs cc kicker sin
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject:  

Elusive wrote:
and with melee being toe to toe dueling, even repositioning is frowned upon, at least on nl. initial positioning strategies are fair game, but not during a duel.

It's ironic that you tell me that repositioning is frowned upon in a melee duel. Does anyone remember this thread?

Here's a choice quote, courtesy of an East NL player:
Fudge wrote:
Toe to Toe dueling means no running away or fighting at range. It is perfectly fine to re-adjust ones self, such as backing up a little bit and then begin attacking again.

Elusive, I was always under the assumption that melee dueling meant stand-and-click, no stepping back, battle to the death. That was my entire argument stating that it is BM to step away and chase down another druid's spirit in a melee duel. But the vociferous responses I got, almost entirely from East NL players, told me that most NL duelers don't share that some conception. Consequently, I'm not going to bat an eyelash if I "re-adjust one's self, such as backing up a little bit, and then begin attacking again."

yarly
Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject:  

Hmmm if this is going onto a open category would it be plausable to use a blade furry switch with knockback to trigger off hopefully the first few CB's/OW before you switch back to proper kicking gear? I know it will be mana intensive but I'm sure some don't mind mana potting.
Page 2 of 5 [74 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
Jump to: