LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:04 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
For Intelligent Christians Only.
Page 10 of 11 [157 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject:  

The Bible wrote:
Kill all non-believers
Mr_Bilson

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject:  

breakbeatz2 wrote:
The Bible wrote:
Kill all non-believers

what page etc did you quote that from, or are you just making it up? Very Happy

+ the bible cant write Wink

Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject:  

something about stoning in leviticus maybe?? im not educated enough to know really bc i dont read scriptures but i would not be surprised,,
the thing talks about animal sacrifices too....

the fact is the institutions take what they want, its all heavily interpretive now isnt it? i find it so convoluted, the idea it would be used as a source to run contemporary law from....i say, probably time to start really ignoring it.

we have human rights codes and we can understand ethics. there are plenty of other cultures that can be studied and understood for greater input. We also have plenty of documented history to pull understanding from. and this is accepted history that unites the globe, not word of mouth scripture and superstition

}ass mode = "ON"
while truth != 1 then "argue"......

oh oops i just found the problem in the secular argument...
it would require people to have a certain level of education with cultures and history in order to work

ugh..... so unfortunate we have un-educated people in the world right??
maybe i need to brush up on my scripture and L2pray ???

i say its time the devout start developing THEIR skeptisim.
If its not the right method of thought in the rest of the world, maybe its too myopic a theory? maybe since all religons are "right", they are all wrong?

so which side do u choose?
how bout the one that TRIES to be right with a healthy level of skeptisim + facts + evidance?

the thought that someone might choose to be dogmatic about evidance is so scary?
why would an agnostic who feels law or politics should be secular still sit on a fence?
what are they being careful about?
is not the road of science the careful one?
would you rather allow others to remain obtuse with their spirituality just because you dont want to be a hard ass like some of them?

} end,function var$ "ass"
comment; [cake = delicious]
}

Virtuous

BNet Acct/Realm: *Vanished
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject:  

Exodus 35:2
"For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death."

Aww, good bye everyone that works on Sundays... Good bye myself. :-(

Deut 21:18-21
"If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey his father and mother, who does not heed them when they discipline him, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his town at the gate of that place. They shall say to the elders of his town, ?This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard.? Then all the men of the town shall stone him to death. So you shall purge the evil from your midst; and all Israel will hear, and be afraid."

:-( There goes all our teenagers, they're dead too!

Leviticus 20:13
"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them."

I guess milk jug hates homo's too.

All the intelligent Christians better get to work now, and fulfill gods wishes.

Go google those verses, they aren't fake.
Mr_Bilson

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject:  

ty, its more persuasive and packs more of a punch if you reference quotes like that so they dont just look like bullshit and made up etc. Very Happy
breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject:  

Dao wrote:
"Science" once said the earth was flat, demons caused disease, and black people had measurably smaller brains than whites. Science has been wrong before.

Science was based heavily on religion in the past. In fact, when scientists tried to challenge the Bible, they were persecuted by the church. I'm sure you know this. The Bible implies that the Earth is flat, which is why it was once believed to be so.

Job 11:9 wrote:
Their measure is longer than the Earth and wider than the sea.

Job 38:4 wrote:
Where were you when I laid the Earth's foundation? Tell me, if you understand. Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it?

Job 38:13 wrote:
That it might take the Earth by the edges and shake the wicked out of it?

4:10-11 wrote:
Daniel I looked, and there before me stood a tree in the center of the Earth. Its height was enormous. The tree grew large and strong and its top touched the sky; it was visible to the ends of the Earth.

My question to you is this. When God himself speaks to Job, why does he mention stretching his measuring tape "across" the Earth instead of "around" the Earth?

I already know your response. "You're not supposed to take the Bible literally." That's always the excuse.
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject:  

Gosh, does this whole "pick a side" thing sound awfully remniscent of Jesus' words, "if you are not for me, you are against me," to anyone else?

Hey, how about, this. If you want to go to such extremes, lead a good example. In fact, no, lead a perfect example, lest you fall prey to hypocrisy. Buy a black and white TV (no grayscale allowed, that's cheating!), dress only in black or white, use only the left or right side of your body, move to the North or South pole.

Don't be absurd. Obviously seeing the world in such militant dualisms makes no sense whatsoever. There are many, many possibilities to any subject, and to polarize everything in an us-or-them scheme destroys out all the subtle hues and tones that color the center of the spectrum. What you people are doing is not beneficial to progress, or God, despite what your revelations may tell you; you are merely exacerbating the dissension of groups and fertilizing the already fecund grounds for an ideological war.

breakbeatz2 wrote:
Similarly, I've observed a lot of people step into water and none of them magically walked on top of it. Therefore it seems very unlikely that Jesus was able to.

An astute observation, but one which does not disprove Jesus' divinity, since Jesus was, by definition, the exception, so using the average Joe on someone who was exempt from those boundaries doesn't disprove anything.

(On the other hand, while it's not disproven, claiming divinity is the positive claim, so it's the one that requires proving for belief. Burden of proof, people, do you speak it?)

Dao Jones wrote:
Again - people should do a little research before they pass judgement. As an agnostic myself, I find people who DO choose their side in the absence of any real knowledge to be "lame". They believe or don't believe in a God based on guesses and supposition. With that sort of silly illogical "faith" you're actually worse off than if you just accepted the milk jug as your personal savior.

For all intents and purposes, I'm atheist naturalist, but I'm pretty sure most people acknowledge their own agnosticism to some degree. Who has denied the possibility of their reasoning or senses failing them? Merely because someone has sensed God does not mean that they are insane; it could well be that those who have not experienced God as the ill (though the latter appears not to be the case, given our more recent findings in neurotheology).

After all, continuing the earlier mentioned topic of consciousness, we can only make judgments based upon how the world has revealed itself to us. To me, the world has shown itself as Godless. Does this require some degree of faith? Perhaps, but any assertion we make requires faith of some sort; let us not perpetually apprehend our convictions for possibility that we might be wrong. This, of course, does not necessarily fully justify any position, but it allows us to pass judgment on things and move forwards (or backwards, depending on your point of view Confused)

But, back to the heart of the topic. Here's another link for ye intelligent Christians (and anyone else) to enjoy:

LET THERE BE BIBLE FIGHT!

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
zarc

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast NonLadder *fyarbeast USEast Ladder *fyarbeast1
-2.48 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject:  

this thread has gotten soooo out of hand...i love it!

breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
An astute observation, but one which does not disprove Jesus' divinity, since Jesus was, by definition, the exception, so using the average Joe on someone who was exempt from those boundaries doesn't disprove anything.

You can't disprove the flying spaghetti monster either. But my guess is even you would consider worshiping the flying spaghetti monster god to be foolish.

I understand that the premise of religion makes it impossible to disprove. While science does disprove many things in the Bible, religious people always have the excuse that God supercedes science. However, the individual should ask himself why he believes this.

Why do you believe that a 2000 year old book about "magic" is true?

Why do you believe in Christianity, rather than one of the many other religions in the world.

Has there ever been a miracle (like walking on water) that you have witnessed?

Look how many people have claimed to be Jesus and gaines a small following http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_who_have_claimed_to_be_Jesus How do you know that the original Jesus wasn't just more successful than they were?

Does it really seem likely that God would wish death upon anyone who works on a Sunday?

Do you really think that it is an abomination to eat shellfish?

Do you really think that it is a sin to wear clothing made of 2 different fabrics at the same time?

Do you really think that the punishment for these sins is eternal torture in Hell?

Just think about these things. I'm not going to try using science to disprove God, because it's proved useless. So just think about these things. Do they make sense to you? I'll tell you what makes sense to me:

There have been many leaders who have ruled through fear. People want power, and they want control over those that they rule. What better tool to gain power than scaring your subjects into a life of restriction by threatening them with an eternity of torture. The idea of Hell seems completely over the top to me, and it's clearly been used as a tool to help the church grow in power and in wealth. Again, I'm not claiming that I know God doesn't exist. Don't respond with another "well you can't prove it" post. I'm just stating that his existence seems very unlikely.
zarc

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast NonLadder *fyarbeast USEast Ladder *fyarbeast1
-2.48 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject:  

i think its interesting that the more education you have, the less likely you are to be religious...

SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject:  

Unfortunately, there are some people who neglect all the blatant inconsistencies and problems you mentioned, as well as those internal to the Bible, and say that the scriptures contain the literal accounts of Earth's history.

Have any of you watched Jesus Camp? It's honestly one of the most terrifying movies I've ever seen. Way worse than The Exorcist. I had never imagined fundamentalism was so ugly and rampant in the US until I saw it, especially in that rat-tail haired kid.

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject:  

Yeah Jesus Camp was awesome.

I loved when that kid who got ostracized for watching Harry Potter.

And when they were praying to God saying stuff like "God please don't let us lose electricity. Stay away Satan, we know you want to ruin our Powerpoint presentations... ohallamadjicarppag!"
TacoBell

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
I already know your response. "You're not supposed to take the Bible literally." That's always the excuse.

It's not really an "excuse." Most people don't take the Bible literally. Fundamentalist Christians make up a very small portion of the population. In other words, to most Christians, your arguments mean nothing because they already don't believe that stuff. That's why your constant posting is frivolous.

Looks like a few people have a chip on their shoulder. Wah wah wah.
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject:  

breakbeatz2 wrote:
"You're not supposed to take the Bible literally." That's always the excuse.

Rolling Eyes
dragonfire_god

BNet Acct/Realm: US East NL SC
2.22 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject:  

Virtuous wrote:
Exodus 35:2
"For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death."

Aww, good bye everyone that works on Sundays... Good bye myself. Sad

Deut 21:18-21
"If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey his father and mother, who does not heed them when they discipline him, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his town at the gate of that place. They shall say to the elders of his town, ?This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard.? Then all the men of the town shall stone him to death. So you shall purge the evil from your midst; and all Israel will hear, and be afraid."

Sad There goes all our teenagers, they're dead too!

Leviticus 20:13
"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them."

I guess milk jug hates homo's too.

All the intelligent Christians better get to work now, and fulfill gods wishes.

Go google those verses, they aren't fake.

FYI those verses are:

#1 for the Kingdom of Israel.

#2 referring to the old law which was before Christ.

#3 Hardly referring to the "nonbelievers".

#4 That was how things were done back then, an act of homosexuality was just as bad as murder and just like a murder today....the homos got what was justice.

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Its Not The Strong Who Survive But The Survivors Who Are Strong.

The insanity of my sin bodes within.
Page 10 of 11 [157 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: