LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:27 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
For Intelligent Christians Only.
Page 1 of 11 [157 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11 Next
Virtuous

BNet Acct/Realm: *Vanished
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject:  For Intelligent Christians Only.
Subject description: These are the true views in life, and the only ones that are real.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=807885014283530747&hl=en

Watch it if you are a intelligent Christian.

This is the best explaination yet.
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject:  

im a dumbass and im agnostic. can i still watch it?

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Virtuous

BNet Acct/Realm: *Vanished
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject:  

Of course, lawl.

I'm tired of arguing with people why the bible is the biggest joke of all time.
sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject:  

haha I loved that video, I also find it funny that we believe other peoples religions and beliefs are wrong, but theirs isn't. (like Native Americans and stuffs)

Thc-Matt

BNet Acct/Realm: *xzerox7 east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject:  

This shows that god is not real or the milk jug is God =O

lol good movie got a couple of good laughs Laughing

D2JSP ID:OMGFossil

Inexorable

BNet Acct/Realm: TheSupplier, Cancerofdabowel
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject:  

I liked it. Very straightforward, logical and to the point.

Knarl wrote:
Inexorable beat LittleKnarl, 4-3. Grumble grumble. My poor smiter.

Knarl wrote:
4-3 for inexorable again in melee. 10 life...pssh.

If you cannot take the heat....
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject:  

dude is raged everybody doesn't think like him.
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject:  

If god is real (and I do believe in God), then you can't scientifically prove he exists (just like the study [also, they only told the groups strangers will pray to them... they actually didn't get strangers to pray for them]), because then it wouldn't be faith.

A positive attitude will help you live longer, same as being happy, because it actually strengthens your immune system.

Just because something happens (or doesn't happen) because you happened to pray to a milk jug means nothing. It doesn't disprove God, because he hears every prayer. Christians don't say that he hears every prayer to him.

The maker is trying to rationalize on faith, which isn't possible... since it's faith.

I mean, in his book... he tries to prove the fact that God didn't write the bible.

We know God didn't write the bible, and infact the bible is nothing but a bunch of stories passed down until finally written out. There are also numerous bible "books" that were decided not to put in the bible, for specific reasons, and that all records of those "books" were destroyed.

Recently we found the book of Judas, which describes Judas being told by Christ to have him arrested.

Whether it was true isn't known, but some factors of why the book wasn't put in the bible is that it hints at a relationship with Jesus and Mary.

The stories aren't 100% accurate, because they survived as oral stories for hundreds of years before they were written down, so details got lost (like in Genesis, it could have been reversed).

Hell, he keeps going on that the bible was written down by the smartest people in the world, but infact it was written by people who could write.... and the people most likely added their own beliefs into the stories to shape Christianity (just like Limbo was never officially in the Catholic religion but was being taught for hundreds of years until they abolished those beliefs).

Edit: Why won't god heal amputees? Because then it'd prove he existed, and you wouldnt need faith. God doesn't prove he exists, because he wants us to use faith to believe in him.
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject:  

faith unfortunatly contrasts so radically that it causes more harm globally.

infact when it starts shapping global affairs/foreign policies, and even human rights, or say start... genocides?....and so much influence over a super natural faith.

if it cant be agreed upon, measured or seen by the natural world, then it has no basis for an existance and should be ignored.

if i beileve in a flying speghetti monster thats my right....
but when my beilef starts lining the pockets of my friends and removing food from the belly of your famiy... u might get a little reactionary.
now we have two zealous individuals willing to fight strongly over faith..... , here is where i am going to critisize.

our imagination was an evolutionary advantage to forsee a disaster and oslve problems. utilize that reason with faith and i think you can come to the same conclusion.

faith in the super natural is dangerous. with technology now less humans are needed to create global catastrophe.

beware of god.

Aug

BNet Acct/Realm: Augestiner [Us East Ladd]
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject:  

Unfortunitly I didn't watch the movie becuase I'm at school and they have everything blocked. Both Grim and Jerk have valid points, but I'm siding with Grim because like him, I believe in God.

Quote:
Edit: Why won't god heal amputees? Because then it'd prove he existed, and you wouldnt need faith. God doesn't prove he exists, because he wants us to use faith to believe in him.

Agreed; along with every other point he made Smile

Also, I believe in this point to; If you have ever read Angels and Demons there is some dialogue from a cardinal to the main character in the book that I think solidifys faith. The main character(It has been awhile since I read the book but I think his name was Robert?, if not we will call him Robert) askes the cardinal why that if there is a God, then why does he allow disease, violance, famine, and other terrible things to happen.....

The cardinal askes Robert if he loves his son. Roberts responce was "of course I do". Then the cardinal asks him if he would let his son ride a bike....Robert said yes and the cardinal begins to explain of God. He says that God is our father and he loves us, but he could not give us the joy of life without knowing and accepting certian risks. When you first ride a bike you know that there is a large propability that you will fall off, scraping you knee, or even crashing into a tree. When something like this does happen, we usually get back up, wipe the dust off, and do it again; because of the pleasure of riding that bike. Similarly, God is willing to let us as humans make our own decisions to enjoy and live life to the fullest, even if there are risks involved. (This was not the entire dialogue, but it was the just of it. Everything that was needed to be said was said.)

I believe in this strongly, it is a good metephor of life.

Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject:  

I love videos like this. People who are so passionate about disproving the existence of God are exactly as zealous as the very people they are seeking to "enlighten".

I'm not going to get into a "god exists/doesn't exist" debate, because we beat that one into the ground a while back. But I am going to make a point, and that point is that the guy in the video only looked at one study. Prayer can and does occasionally have an effect on someone, in that it can psychologically bolster the individual.

Random people praying randomly for others isn't going to work. You praying passionately for the well-being of your wife isn't going to work. But if you're praying passionately for the recovery of your wife, and your wife believes in the power of that prayer, there is a studied psychosomatic effect in some cases that your wife's faith in your prayer (and her belief in its effectiveness) will cause psysiological processes in her body to slightly speed her recovery.

So please, anti-religious nuts. Leave the religious nuts alone. (Same goes for you proselytizing religious nuts.) Just enjoy your faith or lack thereof in peace. Those of us who are truly enlightened know that an perpetually open mind is superior to dogmatic "faith", no matter which side of the aisle it's on. Wink

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
Knifer

BNet Acct/Realm: Hawaii/Oregon
1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject:  

great slurpee...sacrifice yourself for me oh nectar of the gods

Goky

1.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject:  

Man, I sure am glad a low-quality poorly edited youtube came around to finally prove Christianity wrong after 2000 years. Boy do I have egg on my face! Sad

Grim04 wrote:

This is sort of a strange thing to say.

The reason amputees aren't being given their legs back isn't so much because God doesn't care or doesn't want to give away some big eternal secret, but because God realizes that the small time you're living on earth without a leg isn't really a big deal in the grand scheme of eternity.

Paul, for instance, had a pretty horrible life by all accounts (constantly travelling through the desert, being thrown in jail a lot, beaten, almost being killed, etc). That doesn't mean that God hated him or anything, it's just that God (and Paul too) realized that all of those things were temporary. Paul realized that actual happiness didn't come from being rich and awesome, but from actually persuing God. That's sort of the key, his prayer was never selfishly centered around what God could do just for his own convenience, but what he could do for God.

Following from that, I'm sure you've heard the "Lord's Prayer" which was Jesus' response when asked "How do we pray?", which goes something like this depending on your version:

Our Father, which art in Heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy will be done,
in earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive them that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation;
But deliver us from evil.
[For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory,
For ever and ever.] Amen.

So, he wasn't saying "SAY THIS PRAYER EVERY TIME YOU PRAY!@", but it was a guideline for how you should.. Notice there's no "Oh and by the way Lord can you give me a sweet car and maybe a few thousand bucks so I can buy some new outfits to get the ladies because I totally need that" line.

He was also kind of railing against the Jews of the time who would dress up all fancy and pretend to mourn and cry and fast and make a big spectacle to basically show everyone how awesome they were for praying.

So anyway, the video makes a few odd assumptions and then just sort of rolls from there. I guess I didn't magically reconvert to atheism after watching so I must not be intelligent or something.
zarc

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast NonLadder *fyarbeast USEast Ladder *fyarbeast1
-2.48 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject:  

if someone chooses to believe in god they are simply doing what they feel is right. I do not at all believe in god. I think individual fait is fine but being religious is not a good idea IMO. Organized religion is like organized crime.

breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
Random people praying randomly for others isn't going to work. You praying passionately for the well-being of your wife isn't going to work. But if you're praying passionately for the recovery of your wife, and your wife believes in the power of that prayer, there is a studied psychosomatic effect in some cases that your wife's faith in your prayer (and her belief in its effectiveness) will cause psysiological processes in her body to slightly speed her recovery.

Psychosomatic effects can be pretty impressive. They have nothing to do with religion though.

I'm sure faith in the flying spaghetti monster would have the same effect.
Page 1 of 11 [157 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: