LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:34 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
LLD Ghost
Page 1 of 2 [29 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject:  LLD Ghost
Subject description: New build idea

I had planned on making this build for a long time, but I think I will never get around to it. I figured I would post the concept so someone else can try it out.

The concept is to make a LLD assassin that is similar to a HLD Ghost sin. For those who don't know what a Ghost is, it is a WW assassin that relies heavily on maneuverability. This assassin uses enigma rather than bramble, hits the 65 fcr breakpoint for quick tele and mindblast, 9 frame traps for faster stunlocking, and maxes mindblast for extra damage as the skill will be used often in duels. Although the physical damage isn't as high as it could be, and the venom damage is much lower than a Bramble build, the speed of a Ghost makes it much more powerful than other WW sins.

Applying this concept to LLD seems fairly straightforward, and I am surprised that I have never seen it done before. I planned out a kicker that will run quickly, mb fast and hard, lay fast WOFs, and still hit 5 kicks per volley. Although this is a kicker, I will use all +shadow discipline gear in order to pump my mindblast damage. I am fairly experienced with HLD Ghost sins, and MB damage is a huge benefit of this character. On a LLD build that uses DFlight instead of tele, the importance of MB damage is even greater. There are many situations where you will have a namelock on your opponent, but you are out of DFlight range. In these sceenarios, you just repeatedly MB them for as much damage as possible until they can break the namelock. The +shadow gear will also help pump your BOS, Claw block, and Venom.

This character is clearly best suited for dueling casters. If you attempt to duel against a melee character, you will have low life, low damage, and low block% due to using 2 claws. However I'm sure certain melee characters could be beaten easily by this build by using only MB and staying away from them.

Gear:

Circlet: +2Shadow/20fcr/30frw (Shael)

Amulet: +1 Assassin 50-60life 10rep (fcr is not necessary)

Armor: VMagi (Shael)

Claw #1: +2Shadow +3MB hand scythe (str/life/res jewels)
Claw #2: +3MB +1 DFlight hand scythe - make the "Strength" runeword out of this claw.

35% Enhanced Damage
25% Chance Of Crushing Blow
7% Life Stolen Per Hit
+2 To Mana After Each Kill
+20 To Strength
+10 To Vitality

Rings:
FCR/Mana/Rep rings

Belt: 10% Open Wounds / Life belt

Boots: 30frw//10fhr High res War Boots

Gloves: +2 Martial arts/10%IAS gloves

Charms:
8x 5%frw scs
32x 15life scs

Every charm should have mana, res, or +Stamina.

On Switch:

+2 Shadow Claws. If you can find a useful staffmod for extra prebuff, it's even better.

This build will be very mana intensive. I was thinking of it on USEast where we can use 70/15s. However, it should be viable with a lot of high end legit LLD scs, and mana pots. If you don't want to pot, and you don't have 70/15s, this build probably won't work for you.

Skill Distribution:
1 Claw Mastery
1 Psychic Hammer
1 Cloak of Shadows
1 BOS
1 Fade
1 Shadow Master
1 Venom
1 Fire Blast
1 WoF
5 Weapon Block
7 Mind Blast
20 DTalon

Note: You need to hit level 24 DTalon in order to hit 5 kicks per volley. This means either your amulet or circlet will need to be +1 Assassin instead of +2 Shadow.

Note: You will obviously need to figure out xspecific gear switches for different opponents. For example - Death's belt against cold damage.

Final Stats of this build:

DTalon Damage: 152-312 (not sure if I calculated this correctly)
Mindblast Damage: 88-98
Venom Damage: 225-245 (using plain +2 shadow claws on switch)
FCR: 70 (11 frame)
Traps: 9 Frame
Kick speed: 7/3 frame
FRW: 155%
Claw Block: 55%
Crushing blow: 25%
Open Wounds: 10%

I'm sure there are improvements that could be made to this build. This is just an idea I had, so feel free to comment or try building it if you want.

I updated the build after reading suggestions. This new setup has no +elemental damage so you don't need to worry about the MDR bug lowering your kick damage.

Last edited by breakbeatz2 on Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:29 am; edited 4 times in total
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject:  

Just a few things: 9frames for max trap laying speed

http://xepolite.technocow.nl/FAQ/ <- amazing assassin resources

cb% won't work from your offhand claw.

breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject:  

Oops, I thought it was 7 frame for some reason. But it hits fastest bp for traps which is the important thing.

You will want to keep the Strength claw as your primary weapon for the %cb.
eAr_gOd

BNet Acct/Realm: E/SCL: eAr_god, eAr_DeViL, ear_ections (shared)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject:  

i've never dueled a lvl 30 that relies on mindblast as a major source of damage, but how much does MDR negate it? I'd guess that with string + viper magi, mindblast would end up doing little to no damage even with perfect gear.. but someone correct me if I'm wrong. I know you have other sources of damage, but how reliant on mindblast dmg will this build be?
Necropantser: Lvl 9 Summoner/Sacrifice hybrid necro
ObiWanShinobi: Lvl 9 TS assassin

Always looking for gear upgrades, particularly 15life Scs with lightning damage or mana, and defiance/zeal war sceptors.
breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject:  

I thought MB was physical damage.

Anyway I know that there are pure MBers on East that don't have kick as a backup attack. I'm pretty sure they manage to win duels vs. casters, and they have the same damage as my ghost build (they use fcr rings instead of sojs for 102 fcr)
FudGe

BNet Acct/Realm: *MaStEr_FuDgE, jacquesstrap on D2JSP
2.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject:  

eAr_gOd wrote:
i've never dueled a lvl 30 that relies on mindblast as a major source of damage, but how much does MDR negate it? I'd guess that with string + viper magi, mindblast would end up doing little to no damage even with perfect gear.. but someone correct me if I'm wrong. I know you have other sources of damage, but how reliant on mindblast dmg will this build be?

I've got a pure MBer and she faired pretty well vs casters. Necros, bowazons and WW/Conc barbs gave me some trouble...other than that, i could pretty much completely disable them with mb/trap lock.

His MB should do about 100dmg per blast. Granted that MB can be nearly completely negated if you stack MDR (SoE, VMagi, Sol's)....but that is just plain lame.

I have a 3MB/2DF claw myself, so I would be able to use my sexy shadow amulet/circlet Razz

Anywhoo, build seems pretty neat. I'd be curious to see how it fares vs well built LLDers. You finally found your Strength claw eh??? Who knows, if this works well, maybe i will work my MBers gear into this build ^^.

Lemme know when you put her together, i'd love to see her in action.

Last edited by FudGe on Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:39 am; edited 2 times in total
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject:  

breakbeatz2 wrote:
Oops, I thought it was 7 frame for some reason. But it hits fastest bp for traps which is the important thing.

You will want to keep the Strength claw as your primary weapon for the %cb.
Oh, that's what I forgot. ias on your off-hand claw won't work towards dragon talon or trap laying.
breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject:  

Ack I thought the build was ruined and I just found out a weird solution.

Goldwrap for a belt.

You still hit 7/3 DTalon and 9 frame traps.

Woohoo!
Matroskin

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject:  

Doesnt mdr bug eat your kick dmg if u use sojs + mages?
I got pretty much exactly this build, tho atm i use just +2 shadow claws with allres jewels and +2shadow 20fcr 2sock circ.
I use bloodies instead of mages (thinking about +2ma gloves for some ar and 5 kicks) and fcr/ar/mana rings instead of sojs.
Mine has:
261-462 kick dmg + 185-205 venom
59-69 mb dmg
65fcr bp, 9fpa traps and 7/3/3/3 kicks
49 claw block.

I also have some stash gear for non-casters.

OW belt is a good idea.. maybe ill try that aswell (using SoE atm)

My all times favourite char.
breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject:  

The sojs are kind of crucial.

They add to MB damage, and also help you hit level 24 DTalon (5 kicks) while still using nearly all +Shadow gear.

You could try to stack enough +elemental damage in charms to overcome the MDR bug. I think you have a lot of charm prefixes to spare. Getting res should be easy enough wihout using nearly all your charm prefixes. But any way you look at it, the MDR will be preventing a bit of damage.

I really like the Strength claw. The CB is nice and +3 MB is better than +2 shadow IMO. It also gives you 90 more life.

Hmm, I guess a good alternative could be Bloodfists and 2 fcr rings. This would also let you use ed/dex jewels instead of a shaels, give you +40 life, and only make you lose 2 MB levels.

It seems like that might be a good route to go.
Ehhh

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject:  

I also pondered a build like this, though I don't think I would focus on MB damage since it's not possible to get it very high at this level. MB on high level sins isn't even a major source of damage and is only useful for killing those people that are taken down to VERY low life by venom and open wounds.

Mindblast at this level should primarily be used for stun (which a high level MB will help). Mindblast, trap, kick. Don't bother with mindblast damage, it's totally useless without good venom and open wounds, both of which are fairly weak at this level. Take off the sojs and use 2 fcr/ar rings instead, then use Bloodfists if you don't need more than 10IAS to get max trap speed. As long as the stun duration is long enough for you to reset traps, I think your MB will be fine. Average 109 damage (18 pvp vs 0%DR) MB isn't at all impressive and certainly won't be dishing out a lot of damage.

That's how I see it. My skill distribution was pretty similar to yours though. I never did get around to building it.
breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject:  

I think 104-114 unblockable instantaneous damage is pretty nice.

I know 2 pure MBers on East NL and they manage to kill people without using kicks at all.
breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject:  

Anyway after all the input, I think I would go with:

2x fcr/mana/rep rings
+2MA/10ias gloves (you need these to still hit 5 kicks without sojs)
OW/life belt

Now you don't need to worry about the MDR bug.

Your MB will still do 88-98 damage.
Matroskin

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject:  

Overcoming mdr bug even partially sounds pretty hard to me.. especially with those 1-xx lite dmg mods. Not my thing..
Oh boy have i cursed blizzard for putting that damn ele dmg EVERYWHERE, sojs, frosties, mages.. everything that would greatly help my asn Evil or Very Mad
I can afford those fancy 15/12 scs atm so my mana is only 390 atm, with skulls in vipe and circ sockets.

Even small mb dmg is good, cus its often pretty much free dmg.
Btw, with mages, frc rings and ammy its possible to hit 103fcr bp.. with good mb claws that should kick ass. Twisted Evil
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject:  

you can prevent mdr bug on kicks by using some 15 hp/light dmg scs. get enough light dmg and the mdr wont completely negate on you. however mdr bug should negate mb dmg and its hard to overcome that.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Page 1 of 2 [29 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion » LLD Guides
Jump to: