LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:21 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » News and Events
There is a new trade forum
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 3 of 4 [58 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Author Message
Dao Jones


Joined: 28 Nov 2004
Posts: 2959
BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
Offline
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject:  

breakbeatz2 wrote:

The seller decides whether he wants FG in the equation by posting in either the Open Trades forum or his realm's forum.

In theory, the Open Trades forum is supposed to work exactly the same as posting in both forums. If an item is posted there, anyone who trades for it will have to compete with FG, either with FG of their own or with items.


Right!

Quote:

They could still do that if people were allowed to double post. FG would stil be banned from being used in every section other than Open Trades.


But here's the problem. Let's say you offer a... I dunno, 15/10 Life+Mana SC for sale in both East NL and Open, and your asking price is 10 FG "or equivalent". (I have no idea of the actual "value" of forum gold, so bear with me.) Now, it may be that "equivalent" is a well established amount. Let's say 1 FG = 1 SoJ. So, Person A offers you 10 SoJ in the East NL forum, and Person B offers you 10 FG on Open. Which do you choose? What if Person A ups his bid to 11 SoJ, but Person B stays at 10 FG? Are you then obligated to take the higher bid, if in fact you don't want SoJs at all? If you took Person B's "lower" bid because you're more interested in forum gold than SoJs, then that creates an atmosphere where people bidding in non-FG feel like their bids are worthless. It creates unnecessary friction, and makes bidders feel obligated to register on d2jsp just to compete.

And let's be honest. 9 times out of 10 people who trade in FG are going to prefer to take FG over barter goods, for the simple fact that it's an easier economy to deal with. But be that as it may, not enough people on this website want to deal with FG to make it worth integrating throughout the site.

Quote:
Seriously Dao, think about what I am saying. I know some other people might try to twist this argument into a bunch of nonsense and change the subject completely, but you usually don't try to do that.


See, your problem is that you think we make arbitrary, half-ass decisions without considering anything other than our own random prejudices. The fact is that we started discussing this issue the minute it became obvious that more than a few malcontents wanted it. There were two separate threads on the subject in the Mod forum, not to mention the roughly six million you created, plus the poll I created. We talked about it for weeks, partially in open discussion, partially in pm's between myself, Knarl, and a few others. We discussed many, many scenarios, weighed the pros and cons of each, and decided to implement it the way we did as a compromise effort. Here is how we saw it:

1. People that want to trade in forum gold can do so. They have a place to post items, and EVERYONE who trades in forum gold knows where that place is. Furthermore, it is listed right in the trade section, so non-FG users can also browse it, and given how much discussion there has been on the issue, it should be well known that you can offer non-FG in that section.

2. People that do not want FG have the regular realm trade section. They can deal there without having to meddle with a currency that requires another website to use.

Also, we considered this: we are not d2jsp. We are not affiliated with d2jsp. We do not need to support their website. If LLD101 had its own currency, you can bet that regardless of how popular it became d2jsp would NEVER let it be used in trades there. We have been *far* more supporting of our users in this respect that that site will ever be. They are essentially "for profit" - we are not.

I seriously doubt forum gold will ever be implemented boardwide again. But we have offered you a place to trade in foreign currency, and it will have to do. It is not perfect; we acknowledge this. But it is what it is, and barring a significant argument to the contrary (supported by a large enough membership on this board), it's not going to change.

_________________

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Posts: 4095
Offline
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject:  

Oh god, so much to reply to but your basic premise is completely flawed.

I'll explain later but things got pretty busy for me for the rest of the day so you'll have to wait.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
skulls


Joined: 10 Jun 2005
Posts: 2339
BNet Acct/Realm: Gun Barrel, Tx. Never pick a fight with an old man, he will jus kill you.
Offline
11.97 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject:  

breakbeatz2 wrote:
Oh god, so much to reply to but your basic premise is completely flawed.

I'll explain later but things got pretty busy for me for the rest of the day so you'll have to wait.


Youth is always ready to give maturity the benefit of its inexperience.

so I imagine crybeatz2 is needing the extra time to gather a weak, ineffective and unsatisfactory (lame) response to dao's last comments..
In real life crybeatz2 must have run, or be running, his parents, teachers, co-workers and his management absolutely NUTS !!
Actually..Crybeatz2 is the laughing stock in most of the games I participate in..So most of us don't take him to serious..
BTW..crybeatz2..no matter what your response is to my comments, I will not be drawn into this discussion further..WE have seen each and everyone of your de-meaning and de-rogatory responses at least 2-3 times already..

_________________
on a quest to be the be the best...HOO RAHH !!!

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.

ISO:VLLD
8min dmg jewels
dual dmg jewels
+10 min dmg eth replinish throwing spears
eth repair armor

ISO:LLD
dual dmg jewels
eth repair armor
hvy min dmg eth replinish throwing spears
+3ww barb helm
when is this thread closing?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger 
breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Posts: 4095
Offline
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject:  

I got 2 balls last time I flamed like this, please award skulls with 2 as well.

Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
dragonfire_god

Joined: 30 Sep 2004
Posts: 2117
BNet Acct/Realm: US East NL SC
Offline
2.22 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject:  

Flame much skulls?

Quote:
You don't have to offer fg, you can offer other items in that forum.


But the whole point of that trade section is so people can offer fg, so if they post in open they want fg to be an option.



Quote:

But here's the problem. Let's say you offer a... I dunno, 15/10 Life+Mana SC for sale in both East NL and Open, and your asking price is 10 FG "or equivalent". (I have no idea of the actual "value" of forum gold, so bear with me.) Now, it may be that "equivalent" is a well established amount. Let's say 1 FG = 1 SoJ. So, Person A offers you 10 SoJ in the East NL forum, and Person B offers you 10 FG on Open. Which do you choose? What if Person A ups his bid to 11 SoJ, but Person B stays at 10 FG? Are you then obligated to take the higher bid, if in fact you don't want SoJs at all? If you took Person B's "lower" bid because you're more interested in forum gold than SoJs, then that creates an atmosphere where people bidding in non-FG feel like their bids are worthless. It creates unnecessary friction, and makes bidders feel obligated to register on d2jsp just to compete.


The way I solved that would be to post a number of say sojs that would beat 10 fg. It depended on what I wanted more but I gave the person that was offering the other currentcy a price in his currentcy that I would count as a higher bid then the current bid.

_________________
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Its Not The Strong Who Survive But The Survivors Who Are Strong.

The insanity of my sin bodes within.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger 
Meegz ?

Joined: 19 Nov 2004
Posts: 2671
BNet Acct/Realm: *meegz @ east ladder
Offline
39.74 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject:  

I don't know about others feelings, but if that situation arose with me (10 fg vs. 10 sojs) I would take the fg over the sojs unless I had a guarantee the sojs wouldn't poof. I despise dupes, which is most of the reason I stopped playing nonladder. Other than sojs and hrs, I have yet to trade for a poofy item to my knowledge. If I could get the guarantee that the sojs wouldnt poof, I would probably take the sojs actually. I don't have much liquid currency on the realm (I have a fair amount of fg) and it would be nice to know that I could safely go and grab a couple sojs for a guy and tell him he didn't have to worry about perming wit them if I found something in a pub game I wanted.

So while I may disagree with the ban of fg in other forums than Open, I do think the solution you (the mods/admins) have come up with is probably the best one for the site. I understand the reason for not allowing dual-posting, but I think it also discourages people who dont use/have fg from even trying to offer in the Open trade section.

Side note: The flaming was totally uncalled for and juvenile. That just makes you seem like an ignorant child for lashing out in such a manner. Take it to pm's or keep it on the realms.

_________________
Napalm loves the little children, all the little children of the world,
Red and Yellow, Black and White
They are Candles in the Night
Napalm loves the little children of the world.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger 
dragonfire_god

Joined: 30 Sep 2004
Posts: 2117
BNet Acct/Realm: US East NL SC
Offline
2.22 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject:  

If I knew the guy and trusted him and he said the sojs were perm you can bet I would take the sojs over the fg.

However in a matter like that on east nl just about every soj is a dupe and you just have to decide on what you want more, fg or the duped sojs, fg may discourage people from offering items in open because the item being offered on is in open to recieve among the offers: FG or else why would you post in open and not a realmed forum?

But say I made a trade list, my only item iso is expensive gear, but I know that there is plenty in my trade list that is not worth the items i need so I want currency rather then duped sojs I would want to trade for fg which I can trade just as easy for duped sojs if I were to need them. Of course I would post it in open rather then a realmed forum.


I believe this is one of the best ways to solve this, if not the best.

You cant please everyone.

_________________
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Its Not The Strong Who Survive But The Survivors Who Are Strong.

The insanity of my sin bodes within.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger 
Dao Jones


Joined: 28 Nov 2004
Posts: 2959
BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
Offline
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject:  

breakbeatz2 wrote:
I got 2 balls last time I flamed like this, please award skulls with 2 as well.

Thanks


I think we need a new rule. "Every time some user thinks he needs to tell the mods how to do their job, they get a ball."

Thank you, genius, for accurately pointing out the rules violation that everyone else can see, too. He will get a ball for this. You got two for an entirely different reason, which you know because it was explained to you. Way to miss the obvious, though, and try to make it seem like we treat you unfairly.

breakbeatz2 wrote:
Oh god, so much to reply to but your basic premise is completely flawed.


And the minute you type that I completely disregard everything else you could possibly say on the matter. My premise isn't even close to being flawed. It is perfectly valid, but it's just not "your" way of doing things. "Your way", of course, is designed to benefit you. And since this site isn't around to benefit just you, we will leave things as they are. We have no interest in catering to the selfish needs of a serial malcontent.

You pretty much dredged up this old thread just so you could start a new argument with the mod staff. I'd advise you to be careful what you say - you have a *very* short rope around here.

_________________

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Posts: 4095
Offline
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
You pretty much dredged up this old thread just so you could start a new argument with the mod staff.


I dredged up a not-so-old thread in order to argue for something that I believe will better the site, which is the always the reason that I argue.

Quote:
I'd advise you to be careful what you say - you have a *very* short rope around here.


You're right, I'll wait 4 days before I continue with this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Dao Jones


Joined: 28 Nov 2004
Posts: 2959
BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
Offline
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject:  

breakbeatz2 wrote:

I dredged up a not-so-old thread in order to argue for something that I believe will better my life, which is the always the reason that I argue.


Fixed that for you. Now it's a much more accurate statement.

Quote:

You're right, I'll wait 4 days before I continue with this.


You are permanently at Ball 1 for the rest of your time here, as per the rules. And if you think you can just "play the system" - earning extra balls the minute you drop down a tag without further reprecussion - then you are seriously mistaken. That's the kind of foolish thinking that earned you Ball 3.

Your selfishness and willingness to cause trouble for no good reason have worn out the patience of pretty much every member of the staff, and a goodly portion of the user base of the site. You have demonstrated that you will not be content until LLD101 runs exactly how you think it should, regardless of how that would benefit or detriment anyone else. I heartily recommend to you that you start up your own D2 LLD site. Since you are seemingly the self-styled representative of the elite awesome LLDers that play this game, you should have no trouble quickly populating your own site with exactly the sort of quality people you prefer, without having to lower yourself to deal with the rest of us short-sighted, poor-decision-making trash.

So go do that. Your arguments regarding the Open Trades forum are irrelevant, and can be safely dismissed as just more pointless agitation from a career nuisance who has only his own interests in mind.

_________________

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
DiPLOMAT

Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 1644
Offline
12.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject:  

serious question. i been gone for bout 3 months... and i have some silver.. i never knew what "silver" was so i started clickin on stuff, and it lead me here, did someone donate this or is this some kind of interest gaining account, possibly IRA?
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Grim04


Joined: 05 May 2004
Posts: 4197
BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
Offline
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject:  

Silver is worthless at this point, and means nothing.

That being said, I have more than you!

_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Aqua


Joined: 11 Nov 2005
Posts: 482
BNet Acct/Realm: UsWest[NL] aquabatsarecool, skankinthepit
Offline
3.14 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject:  

And my silver is more 1337 than yours. Cool
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Grim04


Joined: 05 May 2004
Posts: 4197
BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
Offline
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject:  

? I see 1338
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Aqua


Joined: 11 Nov 2005
Posts: 482
BNet Acct/Realm: UsWest[NL] aquabatsarecool, skankinthepit
Offline
3.14 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject:  

Confused I don't.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 3 of 4 [58 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » News and Events
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.1253s ][ Queries: 50 (0.0185s) ][ GZIP on - Debug on ]