LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:04 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Suggestion Box
Tightening the grip
Page 1 of 5 [67 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
MilkmanAl

BNet Acct/Realm: *MilkmanAl, *MilkmansLLD
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject:  Tightening the grip
Subject description: stricter rules enforcement

It seems that posting counduct has been rather out of control recently. There have been many instances of personal attacks, flaming, direct disobedience, etc. that have gone completely unpunished. I believe that this lenience has had a detrimental effect on the forum as a whole and should be halted immediately. Abolishing the Fire Pit was a big step towards erasing hostility, but there's still a long way to go.

I'm not asking for a police state, here. That would be worse than what we have now. Instead, I suggest that the following rules be enforced much more frequently and sternly:

Knarl wrote:
3. No flaming or insulting other forum members.

Knarl wrote:
Flaming has been banned.

This includes personal attacks, undue and hostile criticisms, and other general anti-LLD101 propaganda that may be seen as inflammatory to the well-being of the site. Too much crap has been let slide with the fire pit, and many people are too used to letting everything hang out, saying what they want, and having no consequences. Well those days are over. Either deal with it or leave.

B[x] wrote:
Don't attack anyone; if you have a problem with another forum member, PM one of the administrators or moderators.

In addition, I recommend that any greivances with the administration remain purely private matters and that failure to keep them to PMs result in punishment of some kind. Similarly, I feel that allowing further discussion of locked, asked-and-answered, beat-to-death threads should be punishable as well - that is, it should be considered insubordination and dealt with appropriately. The threads were locked for a reason.

I believe these amendments would help make LLD101 a much better place. I don't believe for a second that some stricter rules will make everything Carebear perfect, but it'll at least clean the forums up and engender an air of general respect, regardless of how superficial it may be.

edit: Thanks for quote help, Imp. Wink

Last edited by MilkmanAl on Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject:  

MilkmanAl wrote:
In addition, I recommend that any greivances with the administration remain purely private matters and that failure to keep them to PMs result in punishment of some kind. Similarly, I feel that allowing further discussion of locked, asked-and-answered, beat-to-death threads should be punishable as well - that is, it should be considered insubordination and dealt with appropriately. The threads were locked for a reason.

I believe these amendments would help make LLD101 a much better place. I don't believe for a second that some stricter rules will make everything Carebear perfect, but it'll at least clean the forums up and engender an air of general respect, regardless of how superficial it may be.

Agree 100%, especially with the first paragraph.

Milk, to make your quotes work put " " around the names.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Elusive

BNet Acct/Realm: *elusive-
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Tightening the grip

MilkmanAl wrote:
It seems that posting counduct has been rather out of control recently. There have been many instances of personal attacks, flaming, direct disobedience, etc. that have gone completely unpunished. I believe that this lenience has had a detrimental effect on the forum as a whole and should be halted immediately. Abolishing the Fire Pit was a big step towards erasing hostility, but there's still a long way to go.

I'm not asking for a police state, here. That would be worse than what we have now. Instead, I suggest that the following rules be enforced much more frequently and sternly:

Knarl wrote:
3. No flaming or insulting other forum members.

Knarl wrote:
Flaming has been banned.

This includes personal attacks, undue and hostile criticisms, and other general anti-LLD101 propaganda that may be seen as inflammatory to the well-being of the site. Too much crap has been let slide with the fire pit, and many people are too used to letting everything hang out, saying what they want, and having no consequences. Well those days are over. Either deal with it or leave.

B[x] wrote:
Don't attack anyone; if you have a problem with another forum member, PM one of the administrators or moderators.

edit: Thanks for quote help, Imp. Wink

you called me + several other members jackasses
making you a hypocrite and discrediting your essay of rage
MilkmanAl

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject:  

Bringing a warn on myself isn't exactly hypocrisy, now is it? From a purely selfish perspective it might be considered incredibly stupid, but not hypocritical. If getting a warn is what it takes to get something done, fine by me. If the admins think I should be warned, great. It's their site to run. Regardless, the fact remains that there's a bunch of uncontrolled nonsense going on, and something needs to be done about it.
Elusive

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject:  

yes it is

you ask for moderation then you break the rules set by moderaters
Wank

57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject:  

Thats what it takes unfortunately, Milk. I took a ball to get Tric a ball, and he is successfully at ball 3. Somebody has to take a fall somewhere if they want nething done.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Tric
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: xxx_tric_xxx
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Tightening the grip

MilkmanAl wrote:
Abolishing the Fire Pit was a big step towards erasing hostility, but there's still a long way to go.

you wont EVER get rid of the hostility.

the Pro FG members will always be bitter. its almost half the members here and its not going to go away with time.

Last edited by Tric on Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
MilkmanAl

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject:  

I guess my last post got nuked. Too bad.

Quote:
you wont EVER get rid of the hostility.
Disallowing the public side of it certainly won't hurt, though.
sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject:  

I don't think the flaming is a problem, at least the people who aren't flaming have something intresting, and quite funny to read. As for the balls I think they are doing it all wrong, I think a ban from the site for a reasonable amount of time for the actions they've performed would work better. Example: Flaming, tagged "Banned for Stupidity" (Temporary).
Racism, tagged "Banned for Racism" (Perminant) etc. And have the temporary bans only last a day or 2 depending on what they've done wrong.

Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject:  

Possibly, but wouldnt someone who knew they were going on holiday for said amount of time just be annoying.. actualy now that you say it, I like that idea also.
Tric
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: xxx_tric_xxx
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject:  

Irritable Bowel Syndrome wrote:
I don't think the flaming is a problem,

flaming is only a problem because the mods make it problem. they're in denial that people hate each other at this site and seem to think we're all about to be molested unless they protect us.

btw, i'd like to point out what a dumb idea it was of roy to close that topic. does he not think the debate will continue in here? does he think people will magically not have anything to say now that his 'end all' solution of closing topics has taken place? this is a big reason for all the hostility. people cant even post on this damn site.

here's a little tip from a fellow mod, roy: let the topics die on their own.

oh yea, btw. i got ball #1 because i was baiting imp, now look what he's up to. 3-0 my favor, he's obviously trying to finish me off once and for all. Cool
MilkmanAl

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject:  

Thank you for providing an easy-to-reference example of just about everything I cited as a problematic issue.
Elusive

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject:  

of course its problematic; fg got banned with a little less than half the community supporting the ban.

how can we not be bitter?
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
allow fg from jsp?

yes, allow fg from jsp.
45% [ 31 ]

no, do not allow fg from jsp.
54% [ 37 ]

However, this issue should have nothing to do with FG. It pertains to how the discipline rules should be enforced.

yarly
Wank

57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject:  

Tric, sorry it isnt easy for you to understand, but I want you banned. Our little "bout" got me 1 ball and you 1 ball, look where you are now. 3-0 my favor.

Equipped Lvl 30's:

Page 1 of 5 [67 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Suggestion Box
Jump to: