LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:42 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Suggestion Box
How should FS (Forum Silver) be earned??
Page 5 of 8 [117 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
MortisNostre
LoPF

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject:  

Im highly against FS being based on anything subjective, such as reputation.
KnightXENO2

BNet Acct/Realm: West Ladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject:  

I think "trade in sessions" where people trade items to admins/site for FG is bad as it stands now.
1) Its a huge resource hog for the mods willing to go with system
2) While mass public duping has subsided, I can still see people with previously duped ACCOUNTS full of crap rushing to trade their stuff in.
3) Serious problem of what to DO with items in the "bank".

The item bank idea itself isn't flawed, infact its a relatively decent idea. Its a bit work intensive in startup, but eventually the site would just have a couple of entries with #'s behind them (x # of 15lifers in bank, x of 15maxers, x of SoJs, X of HRS... if those ever regain value etc). Then all members purchasing items from the bank should get a discount if using there FS. But its the TURNING stuff in that would be very problematic.

Maybe if its ONLY in bulk (lots of 10x of an item for example), but it HAS to be perm.... trader has to help mod perm test it or it has to sit on "the bank" accounts for a few weeks without poofing (i'm assuming the bank accounts would be used multiple times each week and never perm out). That would cut down on labor & duping a ton of items for FS, atleast theoretically.

Post count just seems like a bad idea overall. Why promote good/helpful users to spread help & info over several posts instead of one condensed nugget of info..... and thats not even taking into account spamming.
----------------

Ideal thing initially would be to give all users a set amount, maybe a limited bonus to users with a long history (but not enough to discourage anyone new), bonuses for birthday each year perhaps.

Then just keep that static amount circulating (as users trade/use it) + what you find feasible for trade-ins to a bank. Really not sure how much activity a bank can support since its based on mods here though, might have to be limited service only?

Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject:  

just copy the way dtrades and jsp do their fg it works fine!
MortisNostre
LoPF

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject:  

Belarathon wrote:
just copy the way dtrades and jsp do their fg it works fine!

boo to real money!!
Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject:  

Well I think if you were to actually go ahead and undertake this really hard task of starting FS. You should have a big list:

What you want this site to be:
What you don't want this site to be:
ie: You want this site basicaly as a low level dueling community with a decent trading community.
- To be a stronghold for GM and reputable duelers
- A place to discuss everything LLD etc.
- Against the use of bug's/hacks/dupes/real money
- etc

What you want members to do:
What you dont want members to do:
ie: To be active and helpfull
- To keep within the rules
- To not spam/steal/dupe
- etc

now you can usually sort the list into two columns of Want's and Dis'likes. List these in priority order.
This should allow you to figure out which system will tick the most boxes in the right priorities. Also don't forget to add in how much woirk/hassel it will involve and judge accordingly.

On a personal note I think Forum Silver should always be the value of a Pgem. This way its quite a stable ecconomy imo. Either that or 1 million gold (in game). As I think these 2 items have the least fluctuation of value over time and are rather hard to dupe. But valueation of how many pgems/millions it costs to buy a single 15life sc could be the tricky area.

A way that might be beneficial would be to have a 50 Forum Silver Given to all those who have over a hundred posts or have been on the forums over 1 month what ever comes later. After that possible given each member a small amount of Forum Silver every month they are active.. Ie. If some one dosn't log in within 1 month they will recieve no forum silver. If they are log on everyday and make atleast 10 *useful* posts in that month you get say 10FS(Note; Not each post = 1 FS but perhaps more of like every active user automatically gets 1 FS per month. 5-9 useful posts= 5FS 10-29= 10FS, 30+ =15FS). If you logon alot but don't type any usefull posts perhaps just 1 FS. If the Mod's think it is spamming you wil be punished and the variant of how much you get that month is lessened. But also works the other way around. If the Mod's believe you are going above and beyond the call of duty to help the community out with your posts your monthly incraes of FS will increase. This means that the initial build up of Forum Silver is slow but gradual.

Just Idea's floating around in my currently convoluted mind.
Excuse any mistypes/difficullt to understand concepts.. Just got back from a weekend trip to Amsterdam Very Happy

ps: Also about trader rep, perhaps there could be a log of which user gave + rep and for what reason, ie like a small guestbook with the + and -
Virtuous

BNet Acct/Realm: *Vanished
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject:  

dsm-hades wrote:
A way that might be beneficial would be to have a 50 Forum Silver Given to all those who have over a hundred posts or have been on the forums over 1 month what ever comes later. After that possible given each member a small amount of Forum Silver every month they are active.. Ie. If some one dosn't log in within 1 month they will recieve no forum silver. If they are log on everyday and make atleast 10 *useful* posts in that month you get say 10FS(Note; Not each post = 1 FS but perhaps more of like every active user automatically gets 1 FS per month. 5-9 useful posts= 5FS 10-29= 10FS, 30+ =15FS). If you logon alot but don't type any usefull posts perhaps just 1 FS. If the Mod's think it is spamming you wil be punished and the variant of how much you get that month is lessened. But also works the other way around. If the Mod's believe you are going above and beyond the call of duty to help the community out with your posts your monthly incraes of FS will increase. This means that the initial build up of Forum Silver is slow but gradual.

Definently no, that wouldn't be feasible for any moderation team.

dsm-hades wrote:
On a personal note I think Forum Silver should always be the value of a Pgem. This way its quite a stable ecconomy imo. Either that or 1 million gold (in game). As I think these 2 items have the least fluctuation of value over time and are rather hard to dupe. But valueation of how many pgems/millions it costs to buy a single 15life sc could be the tricky area.

Game gold. The only thing in diablo 2 that has yet to be duped. That's what I'm all for.

We don't even need mules to hold gold (that would be a tricky task). Give FS to the current guide producers based on the number of words included and also give FS to the past winners of the tournaments. Do not make post count involved in this. Also, I don't believe that a substantial amount of FS should come from tourneys and guides, it should be miniscule to the total currency out. Once the FS reaches a certain amount within the community, let's say 10,000,000. It should freeze, to reduce inflation.

MilkmanAl

BNet Acct/Realm: *MilkmanAl, *MilkmansLLD
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
The item bank idea itself isn't flawed, infact its a relatively decent idea. Its a bit work intensive in startup, but eventually the site would just have a couple of entries with #'s behind them (x # of 15lifers in bank, x of 15maxers, x of SoJs, X of HRS... if those ever regain value etc). Then all members purchasing items from the bank should get a discount if using there FS. But its the TURNING stuff in that would be very problematic.
I totally agree. I helped run a system like this at the BB, and believe me, it does not work. It's more hassle than you can possibly imagine. The BB has far fewer active members than this site does, and we only ran the operation for East Ladder. It's a coordination and bookkeeping nightmare. Don't bother trying.

The only way I can see that would really work is to give everyone some standard amount of fs now and then award more fs as a prize for community events. Yes, that introduces a bias towards the already rich folk, but they're probably going to be favored no matter what the system is. At the very least, it will encourage more participation in tournaments, contests, etc.

Thc-Matt

BNet Acct/Realm: *xzerox7 east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject:  

To add to that idea giving small amounts of fs to people who join tournaments. That would make more people involve in them.
MilkmanAl

BNet Acct/Realm: *MilkmanAl, *MilkmansLLD
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject:  

I think that's a good idea, too.
Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject:  

Virtuous wrote:
dsm-hades wrote:

Definently no, that wouldn't be feasible for any moderation team.

Is there no website forum programing that can count how many posts a person has made in a specific area that hasn't been marked as spam? If not I would definately agree, but I'm sure this kind of programming shouldn't be extremely difficult.

Altho I think a Bank is a cool idea. Its an Idea I don't think is feasible as unlike a forum script it requires alot of maually transfering of items.
Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject:  

OMG new idea. Mabey make a trivia bot in the new lld101 channel (diff from op lldpk) and for each trivia question u get +1 FS? good idea? bad idea? idk just thought it might be a diff way to gain FS. I personaly dont duel in the tournies or realy write guides. IF they did give FS for writing guides can u imagine how many crap guides or guides of the same type with mabey 1-2 changes so they werent "the same". Im not against giving FS to people who enter Tournies, but i think there should be other ways. (mabey give FS to the top 3 in each category. im sure if there were FS prizes more people would join.)

Neways just thought this would be cool as it also ties in with a LLD101 channel i have been wanting Razz.
Virtuous

BNet Acct/Realm: *Vanished
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject:  

return of mimes wrote:
OMG new idea. Mabey make a trivia bot in the new lld101 channel (diff from op lldpk) and for each trivia question u get +1 FS? good idea? bad idea? idk just thought it might be a diff way to gain FS. I personaly dont duel in the tournies or realy write guides. IF they did give FS for writing guides can u imagine how many crap guides or guides of the same type with mabey 1-2 changes so they werent "the same". Im not against giving FS to people who enter Tournies, but i think there should be other ways. (mabey give FS to the top 3 in each category. im sure if there were FS prizes more people would join.)

Neways just thought this would be cool as it also ties in with a LLD101 channel i have been wanting :P.

Trivia, no.

A junk or copied guide is easily spotted.

Bakaraver

BNet Acct/Realm: BISH LAND.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject:  

FORUM SILVER RATES SHOULD BE 100$ for 10,000 FORUM SILVAR! MAKE LIKE D2JSP PLEASEdeedeedeedee.

LAWL SPEND MORE MONEY ON ITAZM!!!! ^^ =- 6

GOGOG AMERIACN!! YAY MONEY FOR GAME ITAMZ!!!

Anything but real money. ^^

id post my necs stuff i knew how to ss.

Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject:  

Lol nice job krajee!
You have 410, 000 silver!
Richest member!
AmishSpeedGoat

BNet Acct/Realm: Yes
38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject:  

I dont think it should be only givin out to tournament winneres. Because that will only leave the most powerful members to become wealthy and create a monopoly basically.

My opinion is that small amounts should be givin to everyone, just so that you can allow the economy to flow a little, then give it out in certain events or sell it for cash.
Page 5 of 8 [117 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Suggestion Box
Jump to: