LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:22 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Suggestion Box
How should FS (Forum Silver) be earned??
Page 4 of 8 [117 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

BNet Acct/Realm: OutlawHeaven/OutlawHvn @USEast@Azeroth@AIM
12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject:  

GODZ! wrote:
i don't think the reputation system is good becuase its too much of a personal opinion than anything.

example?

the mods here dislike me, i have a bad reputation with them.
on bnet just about everybody likes me, i help just about everybody i can and im a gm dueler.

but the mods will outweight the bnet. probably 1000000x 1. and im sure it would be the same with many people.

Why isn't it feasible to rate someone based on their attitude while on the forums.

sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject:  

I think we should try to find the positive things about FS isntead of all the negitave.

Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject:  

i did a search on people with silver and it says i have 14? i dont know how i got it
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject:  

OutlawHeaven wrote:
GODZ! wrote:
i don't think the reputation system is good becuase its too much of a personal opinion than anything.

example?

the mods here dislike me, i have a bad reputation with them.
on bnet just about everybody likes me, i help just about everybody i can and im a gm dueler.

but the mods will outweight the bnet. probably 1000000x 1. and im sure it would be the same with many people.

Why isn't it feasible to rate someone based on their attitude while on the forums.

becuase on the forums a single digit number represent a couple thousand signed names.
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject:  

When they first implemented Silver, you got a certain number per post. They deactivated it, but a few people made some posts in that window of time... that's the reason on why I have 2 silver.
BloodRose

BNet Acct/Realm: *Ghettoboyjmb
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject:  

What is wrong with the old fashioned item:item exchange after all we dont want to turn into d2jsp now do we.

But if the mods insist on FS then i guess i cannot argue i think a good set price should be decided with alot of ass kissing and begging.
also i cant see the word "silver" under my avatar either.

Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject:  

BloodRose wrote:
also i cant see the word "silver" under my avatar either.

Silver
skulls

BNet Acct/Realm: Gun Barrel, Tx. Never pick a fight with an old man, he will jus kill you.
11.97 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject:  

Initally fs doesn't have to be earned..

Startup: (easy and simple)
(*after admins decide a cutoff for membership)
1. Issue 100 fg to trade with for all members up to the cutoff...
2. *For those new members after the cutoff issue 10-25 fs to trade with..
3. For those that go to midnight the last day of the month without
a ball will get 10 fs on the first of the month as a reward..
You gain more fs by trading and selling..

As a penality:
1. Ball 1 receives current punishment and a loss of 10 fs..
2. Ball 2 receives current punishmant and a loss of 20 fs..(cannot xfer fs to another person)
3. Ball 3 receives current punishment and a loss of 50 fs..(cannot xfer fs to another person)
4. Ball 4 receives current punishment and loss of all fs

Its an easy start up and can be enhanced over time..It will be an on going process for awhile any way..

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.

ISO:VLLD
8min dmg jewels
dual dmg jewels
+10 min dmg eth replinish throwing spears
eth repair armor

ISO:LLD
dual dmg jewels
eth repair armor
hvy min dmg eth replinish throwing spears
+3ww barb helm
when is this thread closing?
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject:  

I've seen a lot of other sites where "reputation" was used to accumulate "points" like our FS, and it worked somewhat well. Basically, you got points for posting, but you could give "rep" to people up to ten times per day (basically saying you "approved" of their post) which would also add points (and bump up your own rep), but you couldn't "rep" to the same person more than once a day (or maybe only once every X number of "reps"). If you had a large positive reputation score, the point value someone got from your "repping" their post would be quite high, and if you had a low score it obviously wouldn't be worth as much.

It worked out fairly well. The obvious negative, of course, was the possibility of high "rep" people being vindictive. If someone with a very high score didn't like you, they could take a humongous chunk of your "rep" value away with one simple mouse click. This wouldn't necessarily affect your total points (or FS), but would give you a lower reputation, and would affect your ability to positively rep others.

It wasn't a bad system, but I'm going to be honest and say that I don't think that the maturity level of some of the users on this site is high enough to avoid abuse.

Good input from everyone so far, though. IF (and that's a big "if") we use this new FS option, we're definitely going to want this type of feedback from you all before we go forward with it.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
dragonfire_god

BNet Acct/Realm: US East NL SC
2.22 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject:  

If we could have two boxes, A Negative trade box and a Positive trade box.

When a trade goes well you get +1 positive when it goes bad you get +1 negative.

It has nothing to do with earning fg, but it might help keep the scammers at bay.

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Its Not The Strong Who Survive But The Survivors Who Are Strong.

The insanity of my sin bodes within.
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject:  

dragonfire_god wrote:
If we could have two boxes, A Negative trade box and a Positive trade box.

When a trade goes well you get +1 positive when it goes bad you get +1 negative.

It has nothing to do with earning fg, but it might help keep the scammers at bay.

That's a good idea. The trick would be to find a way so that only people you've actually traded with can affect your score. Sort of like a "feedback" form you could send to a person you've traded with. For that to work without abuse, though, the forms would need to be logged, so that we mods could see who was transacting with whom. If we see a large number of trades between the same two people in a short period of time that was causing trade scores to go up, we could investigate to see if people were just having their buddies bump their rep.

It actually even could have an effect on how Forum Silver is used. How awesome would it be if "good" traders could get FS "discounts" on their purchases? Let's say you bought something for 100 FS, but you got a "good trader discount" of 5%. The person you bought from would get his 100 FS, but you'd only lose 95 FS. That'd be pretty tight!

If we go forward with FS I think something like that would be a HUGE boon to the site, assuming it could be tracked by the admin staff to ensure legitness.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject:  

What are the positives and negitives for FG so far? I'm seeing way more negitave than positive. Starting to wonder if it's even worth it... might have to change my opinion... I'll sit on it.

dragonfire_god

BNet Acct/Realm: US East NL SC
2.22 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:

That's a good idea. The trick would be to find a way so that only people you've actually traded with can affect your score. Sort of like a "feedback" form you could send to a person you've traded with. For that to work without abuse, though, the forms would need to be logged, so that we mods could see who was transacting with whom. If we see a large number of trades between the same two people in a short period of time that was causing trade scores to go up, we could investigate to see if people were just having their buddies bump their rep.

It actually even could have an effect on how Forum Silver is used. How awesome would it be if "good" traders could get FS "discounts" on their purchases? Let's say you bought something for 100 FS, but you got a "good trader discount" of 5%. The person you bought from would get his 100 FS, but you'd only lose 95 FS. That'd be pretty tight!

If we go forward with FS I think something like that would be a HUGE boon to the site, assuming it could be tracked by the admin staff to ensure legitness.

I think the FS discount is a cool idea, you could need an almost perfect score to be able to benefit from it. and when your doing a massive trade 5% could really help out.

You could even have variants of the discount, 98-100% positive gets 5% off, 90%+ gets 2% off.

Maybe you could incorporate a forum or something where the seller would post the trade and if it was positive or negative, and to give the score he would have to post, if something fishy ever came up you could consult the log to check why. Its whats ebay does.

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Its Not The Strong Who Survive But The Survivors Who Are Strong.

The insanity of my sin bodes within.
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject:  

dragonfire_god wrote:
Maybe you could incorporate a forum or something where the seller would post the trade and if it was positive or negative, and to give the score he would have to post, if something fishy ever came up you could consult the log to check why. Its whats ebay does.
If we could get something like the old dii.net marketplace going, that would be awesome, though unlikely.

(if you don't know what the old dii.net mp was, you missed out)

MilkmanAl

BNet Acct/Realm: *MilkmanAl, *MilkmansLLD
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject:  

I think FS is a decent idea in principle, but it's going to be extraordinarily difficult to implement without an abusable system. I don't expect things to be perfect, but I'd certainly prefer if FS was held off until a really solid system was developed. Since hrs are tradable here, I still see a possible link to duping. For instance, envision this scenario:

1. duper dupes lots of high runes
2. duper trades high runes for FS
3. duper trades FS for valuable LLD item
4. duper dupes LLD item and proceeds to trade the dupes for scads of FS
5. duper converts FS back into high runes and goes somewhere (jsp, ebay, wherever) to convert the hrs into real money

That's a pretty convoluted route, but it's not unimaginable once people start accumulating decent amounts of FS. The fix that stands out to me as extremely effective in the above scenario is to apply the existing rule of requiring at least one side of all trades to involve one or more LLD items. That is, count FS as a non-LLD item so that hr for FS trades aren't allowed. At the very least, that would make churning LLD dupes through this site much more difficult. At best, the dupers wouldn't even bother screwing with it (which hopefully would be the case).

Last edited by MilkmanAl on Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Page 4 of 8 [117 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Suggestion Box
Jump to: