LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:39 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Which new console would you like to have (or already have)?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 3 of 5 [62 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next

Which new console would you like to have (or already have)?
Nintendo Wii
51%
 51%  [ 19 ]
Sony Playstation 3
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
XBox 360
21%
 21%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 37

Chronotrigger

BNet Acct/Realm: ladder east/Florida
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject:  

clops let me ask you whats your fav game type maby then il give you some game tittles to look at and all im saying is dont bash a system purely on games espcly one that has just hit the market also the reson i told you some specs is so u can get an idea of what programers have to play with in terms of resorces to mold and shape there games not to mention that all the old games from my prev ps i will enjoy on the ps3 if i had it my way there would only be playstation and nintendo companys down with bill gates the maker of games for sheer profit:P(thats my own pov aka rant:P")
Will

BNet Acct/Realm: East L : *BloodPhoenix
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject:  

BloodRose wrote:
i have the 360 (after i told my mom i didnt want it for christmas)...
i would rather have ps3

What a spoiled kid, you deserve nothing with an attitude like that.

Hmmm...I Wonder....
Clops

BNet Acct/Realm: East Non-ladder only: sir_cyclops
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject:  

i like shooters, sports, and role playing games
Entreri

BNet Acct/Realm: Wsccl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject:  

Will wrote:
BloodRose wrote:
i have the 360 (after i told my mom i didnt want it for christmas)...
i would rather have ps3

What a spoiled kid, you deserve nothing with an attitude like that.

can't expect much from an emo
Chronotrigger

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject:  

i play my shooters on pc aka cs and such sports well the last sports game i liked was nba jam lol and there are far to many good rpgs for the ps/ps2 to name il just give u my favs wich are ff tactics plus some others in the ff family,vargant story,perasite eve,vandal hearts,disgiea,castlevainya s.o.n and so on and so forth(forgive the very bad spelling)i also like a lot of multi platform fighting games like soul caliber and marval vr capcom and x men vrs street fighter so i played my share of games on many game systems but never felt more at home then with the ps and ps2. oh and on a side note im gana move in with a wii owner so il have the best of both worlds:)
Will

BNet Acct/Realm: East L : *BloodPhoenix
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject:  

NBA Jam? Ahaha...what year did they stop making those ?

Hmmm...I Wonder....
Chronotrigger

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject:  

1990 something lol "shugs" point is i dont play many sports games
Dubness

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject:  

I've a ps3 and a 360.

I couldn't justify spending the money on a system that is matched by its 64 counterpart o_O (graphic wise)

But. . .if you haven't, you must play Resistance on PSN. . .it's just flat out amazing - and actually takes me off of halo 2. Plus, you don't get stuck on walls like in Gears of War. The ps3 is also a lot quieter than the 360 (maybe it's just my system or something.)

Well, when the games come out, I think the Ps3 will shutout any other console currently offered. But, as of now, it's getting pooned by the 360 and wii.
diet_sushi

BNet Acct/Realm: Korea's got SEOUL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject:  

Dubness wrote:

Well, when the games come out, I think the Ps3 will shutout any other console currently offered. But, as of now, it's getting pooned by the 360 and wii.

I dont think its a problem with the games

how many ps3 systems are out?? and how much do they cost now? Its not exactly worth it in most people's eyes and it's ALOT more easier to obtain a 360 and a Wii than to buy a ps3 I mean you can't even find one at the stores anymore you have to buy one from someone who got lucky or camped out to buy one and they're going to want a BIT more than the 600$ retail price.

and I dont think people (in general) want to wait until next year to get a ps3. They didn't ship/make enough for people who wanted one and with a 600$ price tag just for the system itself I really REALLY dont think people are going to want one next year either unless they drop the price down or have some insane games for it.

ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject:  

PC's have all the good games anyway, and if you want to play multiplayer you dont have to share your screen Very Happy .

I fondly remember 4 player dawn of war lans at a mates house.
GohanSSJ

BNet Acct/Realm: The Netherlands - Europe Ladder/East Ladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
a lot of ps3 hate on here but why? have u owned all the systems u speak ill of??

If you mean if i own Sony stuff? Then yes i do, i own a PSX, PS2 (kinda, it's for the whole family), a PSP, and also a fantastic Sony ES Amplifier, i'm definetly not anti-Sony, however the PS3 isn't what is is all cracked up to be, and expensive aswell, it's simply not a good buy, not unless Blu-Ray will be the next video standard, with which the HD-DVD player has a better chance with, which the X360 happens to have a add-on for.
Quote:
the ps has some of the best games off all time.

It does indeed, but the PS3 has lost the majority of their exclusive titles, and they also lost special deals with games like GTA who previously had much earlier releases on the PS2, but now GTA 4 will be released on the X360 and the PS3 on the same day.
That all while Microsoft is making or publishing some excellent games for the X360, which are obviously exclusive or will only make a PC release much later on, and not just shooters like Halo or Gears of War either, but also games from Rare (which was bought by Microsoft) such as a new Banjo and Kazooie.
Quote:
and dont get me started on x box aka bill gates greedy ass

Clearly spoken by a person who has no clue at all. First of all, just because you can put a familiar face on Microsoft doesn't mean Sony is any less greedy, or did you forget that Sony is of the biggest companies in the world? There is pretty much not a single electronical device that Sony hasn't made, and they sell lots, and trust me, Sony is greedy, very greedy.
Also Bill Gates isn't as greedy as you think, he and his wife started the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, which is spending incredible amounts in good causes, and he will be selling his Microsoft stock to do more and more with that foundation, he isn't even close to as greedy as the majority of the rich people.
Quote:
the ones that say the ps3
looks like trash do you even know the facks?? its the most powerfull system out there the base os is off linux.

Yet again you make a fool of yourself, do you even know the facts? The ATI video chip in the X360 is far superior to the Nvidia chip in the PS3, the Nvidia chip is based on the technology from 2 years ago, the ATI chip is based both on the current videocards, but also has technology in it that is in the upcoming DX10 cards, and the current ATI cards are already superior to the "old" Nvidia cards that the PS3 chip was based on.
Gamespot had a article comparing the graphics from both consoles in the same games, and the X360 came out better.
The PS3 definetly has more CPU power, but it all gets lost as it won't get used.
Also the operating system is Sony's own called XMB, pretty much the same as the one on the PSP.
The XMB does have a option to install Linux on it, however that point is useless, Linux never been able to beat Microsoft in games, simply because the best progamming is done with DirectX, which happens to be Microsofts own, in older games such things as Glide and Opengl were used, but these days it's all DirectX, which is also where the Xbox got it's name, it was originally called the DirectXbox.
It's also much easier to code games for the X360 then for the PS3, making the X360 a more interesting choice for smaller companies.
Quote:
thy are using high density blue ray disks that iirc hold up to 50gigs of info!

Right now the biggest games are like what? 5 gig? The X360 uses dual layer DVD discs, and they put technology in the X360 to compress data without speed loss, so by the time games are made to big to fit on it then there will be a next generation of consoles, or possibly they make it 2 discs, but there is plenty to explore by then.
Also did you know that the X360 DVD player can read at 15.9 mb/s and the PS3 only at 8.6 mb/s, that's nearly twice as fast, and trust me, that matters a lot, especially in completely open games which don't have loading screens for each new map/area.
Quote:
in short know the facks b4 u bash a system

You should listen to your own advice.

purplepride9

BNet Acct/Realm: Aar3 : Aar2 : Aar1 : Aar
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject:  

Not to be mean but ppl thought they should make wii for fat nerds >.<
My opinion to myself would be a ps3 or a xbox 360 Very Happy
sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject:  

purplepride9 wrote:
Not to be mean but ppl thought they should make wii for fat nerds >.<
My opinion to myself would be a ps3 or a xbox 360 Very Happy

That would make sense except don't you get some sort of exersize using the Wii, unless you meant they make them for the fat people so they can lose weight, and not be lazy.

Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject:  

Most of the games I'd want to play are on a PC, anyway.

As far as the PS3 goes, I consider it a massive dissappointment. Not because it's an inferior machine, but because Sony really dropped the ball on marketing and merchandising it. It didn't have any mind-bending release titles (Metal Gear should have shipped with the launch), it lacks several basic cables that should have been included, and it had bugs and flaws that frankly a system of this price and quality shouldn't have had. I wanted to want a PS3, but I'd probably go out and rebuy a PS2 first.

I was fortunate enough to play on the 360s as a tester before they were launched, and I wasn't impressed. It's a cool machine, but a bit underwhelming for a next-gen console. It's just not... "enough" in my mind to qualify for true "next-gen" status. It was basically rushed out to cut into Playstation sales when the PS3 hit rough water. It was a brilliant move on Microsoft's part, because the 360 has gained significant traction in the gaming market while the PS3 is struggling. Plus, the 360 already has some amazing titles out and a lot more coming. (And coming "soon", as opposed to "eventually".)

The Wii is a family/kids machine. I think if you look at Nintendo's evolution since the n64 they've made a major product philosophy change. They got knocked out of the top slot by the Playstation, and knocked out of contention by the XBox. They've gradually made a change to target a more specific market: the casual/young/family gamer. Nintendo isn't really going to try to compete with Sony or Microsoft anymore, and this is reflected in their system. The Wii isn't for "serious" gamers; it's not going to get a port of Gears of War. Still, the Wii scores a lot of points in the "fun/cool" factor, and it's pretty innovative.

If I was going to buy a system, it'd be either a Wii or a 360. Having access to Nintendo's entire catalogue is a pretty persuasive enticement for an old school dude like me. (I'm kind of jonesin' to play Mario 64 again.) Plus, tell me that if they make a Star Wars game for the Wii it wouldn't *totally* rock to be able to swing that control stick like a lightsaber. Very Happy

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject:  

gears of war kicks ass. Also, play the rainbow six series as well as the call of duty series.

I'm not sure if other systems support those games but...geez! A great break from the Diablo thing. Mindless killing is cool.

Halo is still an old school fav...seeing as how it's a new game I hate to call it "old school" but with Halo 3 on the horizon...well, u get my point.

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Page 3 of 5 [62 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Jump to: