LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Halo2 is bad
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 3 of 4 [48 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Tric
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: xxx_tric_xxx
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject:  

Jeebus wrote:
heh, how does halo 1 take more skill than halo2?
you don't even use any other weapon other than a pistol
all other weapons are obsolete compared to the sniper pistol

there is less autoaim, the bullets arent instant hit, the bullets arent magnetized to lean towards someone you're shooting at, the hitboxes are smaller etc etc.

the pistol takes skill, and is only as powerful as the user makes it. it might seem overpowered but its the only way to keep all other weapons in check. it can stop a sniper long range and you can take out a guy with rocket if you hit all your shots. i'f you've played halo2 at all you'll know that the sniper is by far the most dominant weapon and nothing can even contest it long range ( where the pistol evened out the h1 sniper ). the br, which is supposed to fill the pistol's role, does nothing to keep snipers in check long range, and takes too long to kill close range when compared to dual weilds/sword.
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject:  

However the pistol dominated short/medium/and long range Rolling Eyes.
sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject:  

Halo 1 was just dull, boring and generaly not fun at all really, campaign was great, but pvp was just lacking, and halo 2 is the opposite, bad campaign and great pvp and pvp > campaign in most any game.

Tric

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject:  

Grim04 wrote:
However the pistol dominated short/medium/and long range Rolling Eyes.

I personally find the accuracy weapons alot more fun than bullet hoses. btw, pistol didnt dominate close range. you had the POTENTIAL to dominate, but if you dont hit your target a shotgun or AR would kill you. Same with the sniper, if you dont hit the sniper, he'll be aiming at you and kill you. You have the POTENTIAL to kill a sniper and the POTENTIAL to kill a shotgun up close, but if you dont have the skill, you dont dominate anything.

But by all means the pistol owns mid range, which is the majority of the fighting.
sPiN

22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject:  

You have the potential to kill anyone with any weapon from most ranges haha Confused

Tric

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject:  

Irritable Bowel Syndrome wrote:
Halo 1 was just dull, boring and generaly not fun at all really, campaign was great, but pvp was just lacking, and halo 2 is the opposite, bad campaign and great pvp and pvp > campaign in most any game.

I find what you said the completly ignorant. Here's why:

#1, the weapons dont respawn in halo2. If i dont have the sniper or sword on lockout, you'll be using the BR. Halo1 you could find a sniper on almost any map, and there was no shortage of them. you werent afraid to take risky shots because you were never at a lack of ammo. Because the weapons dont respawn, one team can collect all the weapons, and camp somewhere. overall their isnt enough movement.

#2, you can grenade weapons and time weapons and powerups which added a whole new level to the game. Every minute or two minutes a mini battle waged to collect the powerups and power weapons, and some very brilliant strategies formed in order to gain the upper hand. Halo1 is on a whole different level in terms of thought, planning, and strategy.

Ipersonally find Halo2's multiplayer to be insufferable compared to h1. There is a severe lack of useful weapons, the FOV is way to small, etc etc.

btw, even bungie has said halo2 is not what they wanted. and have even come out to say halo3 will be more like halo1.
sPiN

22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject:  

Yeah that's just my opinion though, I'm sure many people feel the same way about halo 1 as you do. I just don't feel halo 1. It's alright but all console games are over rated. Mouse > Controller. Smile

Tric

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject:  

You have the potential to kill anyone with any weapon from most ranges haha Confused

Play coagulation and try to br someone from one teleporter exit to another.

guess what, you cant do it! Lets say someone has a sniper, the best you can hope for is to keep him out of zoom. no way you'll kill him tele to tele.

Try to four shot someone who is dual weidling you. the amount of time it takes to shoot four times, (and hit all 12 bullets), is too long to kill someone quick enough.

How bout a rocket? btw, nice try at using a sarcastic remark rather than actually offering any sort of response to anything i said.
sPiN

22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject:  

aw c'mon Tric you're just blowing this out of proportion, 1st no one plays coagulation except for noobs, and no one cares about noobs. 2nd, just bxr the dual weilder, third, use the rockets yourself it's not hard to obtain the good weapons.

Tric

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject:  

aw c'mon Tric you're just blowing this out of proportion, 1st no one plays coagulation except for noobs, and no one cares about noobs. 2nd, just bxr the dual weilder, third, use the rockets yourself it's not hard to obtain the good weapons.

you might not like coagulation, but it;s still part of the game. and ALL aspects of the game should work. that should make you mad that half the maps are hardly playable. lets try other maps like zanzibar or some other map. have you ever sat and watched someone running around and you were literally helpless to hurt him? that is what i call bad gameplay.

btw, bxr isnt gonna magically kill everyone. anyone decent will know to not get too close so u cant bxr.

If you play lockout you'll know how hard it is to "obtain a good weapon". there's only 2! AT ANY GIVEN TIME! half the time the sniper is respawning and even has potential to fall off the map and never spawn. I honestly dont believe you when you say you've played halo1. i seriously dont.
sPiN

22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject:  

You seem to be getting angry! -hides-

Anyway yeah I like them both, I'm just saying Halo 2 takes more skill than you're giving it credit for. Bxr, Double shot, Exessive shot, the infamous "triple shot" bxb all give this game more things to master and be good at. I'm not saying every weapon is balanced but for me anyway, I hardly play matchmaking, I play customs with good people, who use skillful weapons on skillful and team oriented maps, such as Lockout, Warlock, Bever Creek and Midship. All in which have their good and bad weapons.

Tric

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject:  

You seem to be getting angry! -hides-

Anyway yeah I like them both, I'm just saying Halo 2 takes more skill than you're giving it credit for. Bxr, Double shot, Exessive shot, the infamous "triple shot" bxb all give this game more things to master and be good at. I'm not saying every weapon is balanced but for me anyway, I hardly play matchmaking, I play customs with good people, who use skillful weapons on skillful and team oriented maps, such as Lockout, Warlock, Bever Creek and Midship. All in which have their good and bad weapons.

of course halo2 takes skill, but doesnt mean the game is balanced, doesnt mean the weapons have any sort of balance, and it doesnt mean the very essentials of the game arent flawed. btw, h1 has its own glitches and whatnot to master, and grenading weapons/timing weapons adds an entire layer to the game that halo2 cant even compare to.

also, you dont need to tell me about how good you are or who you play with because, Lol, i've seen you quit out first hand Laughing Wink
sPiN

22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject:  

Where have I said I was good? I said I played with good people... Confused

And quitting out, it was probably a 1v1, I'm terrible at those and they're not much fun. :/

Tric

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject:  

Where have I said I was good? I said I played with good people... Confused

And quitting out, it was probably a 1v1, I'm terrible at those and they're not much fun. :/

it was a 2v2. and your partner came from your flist.

im done with this topic. it's your opinion yadda yadda, but by all means, i think you should download and watch a halo1 video of some pros playing. if you watch closely you'll see some insane stuff going on. the gameplay is on a whole different level than halo2's.
sPiN

22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject:  

dude fuck you seriously all you do is give people shit on this forum and complain, why don't you just leave already.

Page 3 of 4 [48 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Jump to: