LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri May 31, 2024 2:36 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Rerolling Jewels??
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
z28383lt4

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject:  Rerolling Jewels??  

I have read some stuff in the guides section about rerolling magical jewels to get +max dmg jewels. From what I understood only the ilvl matters when rerolling and not the clvl. So if I am wanting to find magical jewels to reroll does that mean that there are different places that I would want to search to find a jewel to reroll into a 9, 15, or 24 max dmg jewel?

I also have the same question about charms to get max/ar/life.

I have been mfing in nm cats and have found several max/ar gcs. Is this a good place?
Calculon

BNet Acct/Realm: Megaman_3
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject:  

Jewels and Grand Charms have quality level = 1 (qlvl), so the highest affix level available is equal to the item level (ilvl). From there, all u have to do is find the affixes that will allow the Jewel/GC to remain required level 9, 18, or 30. For lvl 9 i would recommend using RARE jewels of ilvl 13, and GC's of ilvl 13. For 18, use MAGIC jewels of ilvl 25, and GC's of lvl 25. For lvl 30, use ilvl 41. The reason you use rare jewels for lvl 9 duelers, and magic for lvl 18 is because the "of Carnage" suffix (11-15) is on magic jewels only, whereas at lvl 9, since there are so few affixes, using rare jewels allows you to cut down on re-rolls (even though it takes 6pskulls instead of 3pgems...and you have to make a character of a certain level to transfer skulls to and re-roll it, so that the jewel remains ilvl 13). To find a rare jewel of ilvl 13, any normal monster (not champion, unique, minion, fanatic, posessed, etc.) OR any chest/basket/goopile/etc. in Sewers 1-2 will be ilvl 13. Also....golden chests (the super ones with a lot of drops) i believe will be 14, so don't use a rare jewel from there. After u have ilvl 13 jewel, when u reroll, the formula for the new item level will be [(0.4)*clvl] + [(0.4)*ilvl] where [bracketed] numbers are rounded down. So if the original ilvl is 13, [(0.4)*13] = [5.2] rounds down to 5....so u have to use your character level to make up the extra 8 levels. This can be done with a character of level 20, 21, or 22. It's easy enough to level this character...i just make a trapsin with burst of speed (so xferring is faster)....and toss him a 3 socketed breast plate with some normal sapphires (req lvl 12) and trist to 12, throw on breast plate, and use mana pots to lvl to 20. As for magic jewels, use this site: http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=551#Area%20Levels to find area levels (for chest opening), and d2data.net for monster levels. (because in normal, chest ilvl's depend on area, but monster levels don't.....the monsters all have their own unique levels regardless of where they are found). Usually there is an area where the monsters are mostly the same level as the area (and, hence, the chests in it). With magic jewels, character level doesn't matter, and i just keep the item in the stash of one of my main characters and cube 3pgems with the item as i find them. Note: Large and Small charms will have a maximum affix level of (ilvl - 7) and (ilvl - 14) respectively. So if u want 15 life small charms for lvl 18, the affixes you want to have will be up to lvl 25, so the required level will still be under 18.......SOOOO......to get affixes of lvl 25, the item level has to be 14 higher = ilvl 39.........Mainly all u need to know is:

google: affix calculator......d2data.net for monster levels......http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=551#Area%20Levels for area levels.........highest affix will be ilvl - qlvl for most items, unless the qlvl is high and then it changes, but you can find info on that by googling: diablo item generation faq. for lvl 9 rare jewels, use ilvl 13, character lvl 20-23 for rerolling, lvl 9 GC's: use ilvl 13, lvl 18 jewels/GC's use ilvl 25, and for lvl 30: use ilvl 41.

z28383lt4

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject:  

wow

Anyone have anymore to add?? Jk thanks a bunch for that.
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: