LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
what do you guys think about middle/high school education?
Page 2 of 2 [24 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject:  

thats your conscience choice. if you are doing something you dont like, waking up when you dont want to, and all that, its because you chose that. otherwise you wouldnt bitch about it, youd become unlazy and find a solution.

ie: get a different job, one you enjoy
ie: stop spending your money on smokes so you could save up to move out. (if you smoke a pack a day, you could buy a 3000$ car every year.; 8$ a pack * 365 = 2920)
ie:become social, less girls means you arent trying to find them.

matic_random

BNet Acct/Realm: usEast -usWest [NL] Unknown Legends Crew
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject:  

well i went to hs and i did nicely and had time 4 friends and i wasnt even close to been some kind a book worm,i had bunch parties and dont get me wrong i did cut school but something that god gave me is me gettin outa stupid stuations,when i had to talk to teachers why ui was absent 4 like 3 days i did explain and they let me make up 4 work witch i did half way and i still did damn good,hs might be fun 4 some and boring 4 others but watch later when u hit like 20 u will realized that u fucked up at some point(hs) boom then it hits your head why?(cause u didnt give shit about it)

nationalsigleague.com
retired lvl18 palie
ExPiReD

BNet Acct/Realm: *ExPiReD --West hCL--
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject:  

School is a joke -____-
We dont even use 75% of what we learn.
(Like chemistry) If some1 wanted to be a chemist, then he could of course go and take chemistry on his own free will..
I do not feal that most of the classes that we are required to take, are needed. :O Thus fuk school

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address 
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject:  

ExPiReD wrote:
School is a joke -____-
(Like chemistry) If some1 wanted to be a chemist, then he could of course go and take chemistry on his own free will..
I do not feal that most of the classes that we are required to take, are needed. :O Thus fuk school

high school is mostly about teaching you how to interact with other human beings. the courses you take, is just to give you knowledge in general areas, not specifically ones you are going to major in.

B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject:  

ExPiReD wrote:
School is a joke -____-

that's not entirely true. i hated chem in hs and felt the same way, that i would never use it. right now i'm majoring in civil engineering (which is like architecture) and am taking advanced chem 1. 1st semester soph year, i'll be taking adv chem 2. though i don't want to take it and never thought i would need to, i have to.

besides, tastes change, people change majors, it's part of college. for example, my cousin started of majoring in math and then switched over to geology which has just about nothing to do with math. you never know what you'll end up doing 5 years from now.

[Important Links]
Inexorable

BNet Acct/Realm: TheSupplier, Cancerofdabowel
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject:  

Tridge wrote:
Cancerofdabowel wrote:
Life gets better after high school.

I wake up when I don't want to, to go somewhere that I don't want to go, to do something I don't like doing.
I'm an alchoholic, chain-smoking d2 addict.
I still live with mom.

This is better than highschool?
Oh sh!t.... ITS THE EXACT SAME THING.
Except for the girls. Theres less girls. Crying or Very sad

That's your problem. Get in control of your own life.

Knarl wrote:
Inexorable beat LittleKnarl, 4-3. Grumble grumble. My poor smiter.

Knarl wrote:
4-3 for inexorable again in melee. 10 life...pssh.

If you cannot take the heat....
VoodooCamel

BNet Acct/Realm: Gettin' Owned USEast Style
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject:  

My senior year I took:

A+ computer repair (which was pretty much teaching us how to become A+ certified. I slept through this class and got a B)

C++ computer programming (This helped me discover my true passion in life, which oddly enough, is programming. I enjoyed this class of so very much and passed it with flying colors)

Gym... speaks for itself

German IV (I was too lazy to take the advanced german course so I didn't get into German V... oh well Very Happy )

Sociology... bad choice I was bored out of my mind the entire time. Still got a B though! Laughing

General English in which I litterally used it as nap time. The teacher had to wake me up a few times so I wasn't late.

Lunch, self-explanitory

study hall, which I skipped almost every day to hang out with my friends

I just graduated (Chambersburg class of 2004 woo!) and now that I am out of highschool, and soon planning on attending college I step back and realize how much I miss and don't miss it at the same time. I'm working full time, and it's not bad at all. I have odd hours (one day I'll work from 8am to 4pm and the next 6pm to midnight). Of course there are things you miss about highschool, seeing your friends everyday, goofing off. These things are still possible outside of school as well (except for me as none of my friends or myself has a drivers liscense [slackerville woo!]). There are things you don't miss either; bullies, etc.

Also, don't think that right out of highschool you have to know exactly what you want to do right away. For example, my brother graduated class of 2002 and he just recently began culinary school.

The only advice I can give, is to take advantage of every opportunity that you are given to do what you enjoy or plan to do in the future. And like Voices said, do what you enjoy after school, don't get stuck in a boring job that you HATE. I will admit, I am a dishwasher, but I enjoy it. It keeps me busy and my mind occupied while giving me a workout at the sametime. Just be sure to avoid double and triple shifts, those are the worst ever (8am - midnight with 2 hours of breaktime is NO FUN at all. Trust me.).

Now get to bed and stop reading my posts so you can be up for school tommorow!

j/k Laughing

krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject:  

Well this is my grad year and I'm treating it as any normal year. Doing homework during my lunch hours and doing nothing at home. My time is planned out wisely and I like it.

On another note, two electronics blocks with a woodwork teacher are major homework doing blocks.

slayerbaal

BNet Acct/Realm: U.S East [NL]
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject:  

florida's schools are a real joke Laughing and mine in paticlar it suxs

were doing pratics for a test every wensday and we already passed it

that really helps Rolling Eyes

Page 2 of 2 [24 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: