LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:38 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Page 3 of 4 [56 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
NightWish

BNet Acct/Realm: Not telling
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject:  

PS3 is going to be the Darth Vader of the counsoles. Just pure awsome and ...power and more awsome and cool looknig in its shiny blackness.

Ras

BNet Acct/Realm: *Rasmaren / EscNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject:  

I didn't know how to spell blue-ray because I have just talked to some managers at Best Buy and they are very excited about blu-ray. If you're going to let something like a spelling error turn your brain off, then you'll probably be brain dead the rest of your life. I don't know why you're getting so riled up Grim, we're just voicing our opinions based on what we know of technology and the market today. We (the US) are moving very fast from what we like and what we want next. Look how fast Plasma screen TVs entered the household and became affordable. Anyway, if you want to have a discuss, I am more than willing to do so, but if you want to just point your e-finger and scoff, then there is no point in talking with you.

NightWish

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject:  

Blue-Ray is worthless, thats why the Ps3 is so expensive.

Shieron
The Man

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast:*Shieron, *Shieron2
8.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject:  

Grim04 wrote:
Shieron wrote:
Grim, I think you mean HD-DVD. Blu-Ray will be the new standard, because of the PS3.

Lol

Not funny. When I first looked at your post, I saw HDTV/Blu-Ray, and thought you meant "HD-DVD vs Blu-Ray." Anyways, I still say Blu-Ray wins.

Shademehr

BNet Acct/Realm: GONE to D2JSP. I know, good riddance, right? LOL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject:  

Last edited by Shademehr on Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject:  

Wow.. I watched some videos of the ps3 and if it's good graphics that you are looking for I would DEFINETLY go for the ps3.
I've always been much more fond of the Nintendo games though, and I think I always will.
The best game of all time is still Mario Kart 64
foolZSight

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject:  

Belarathon wrote:

agree
and just one of the many reasons a Nintendo 64 is hooked up right beside me Smile
my roomate has an xbox and my 64 gets played atleast twice as often as his xbox

GohanSSJ

BNet Acct/Realm: The Netherlands - Europe Ladder/East Ladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject:  

Ok let's get a few things straight.

1. Wii VS PS3 is a load of crap... why you might ask, well it's really quite simple, they aren't competing. It's like comparing a car to a bike, you either want to drive a car, or ride a bike... or both ofcourse. The Wii is far less superior then the PS3, infact the Wii is closest to the Xbox (yes the first one) specifications wise, so the games that are released on the Wii will be different like Nintendo has done so in the past. In the end when people want to buy a console then they might think about which console to get first, but they won't go for either a Wii, or a PS3. Which is unlike the X360 and the PS3, who are competing for the same ground.

2. Blu-Ray has done only damage to Sony so far, and i doubt it will be the next standard.
The Blu-Ray drive is something obviously created by Sony as the follow up from the DVD, the thing about it is the name won't get peoples attention enough... you go ask people what Blu-Ray is, and the majority will look at you if it's some kind of new deodorant or something, now go ask them about HD-DVD, now while the majority doesn't know exactly what it is, they know what DVD is, and with all the HD business these days they tend to "know" what you are talking about.
The same will be when they are going to buy a next gen videoplayer, HD-DVD will sound right to most, and as ignorant that might sound, processor maker Intel is still selling way and way more then AMD simply because they're better known, even though AMD been a major force for like 6 years.
The damage that Blu-Ray has done is the heavy delays of the PS3 and the insane price, right now they can't make Blu-Ray drives fast enough, i believe it's a certain element used for it that they can't get fast enough, which is why it's delayed so much, which has given the X360 such a huge headstart that it will be hard to compete with it, also the insane price will keep most families from buying it for their children.

3 About the space argument, Grim is right, games don't use up the space right now, and i read a article from the X360, and right now games can be still made like 2-3 times bigger due to compression techniques (which it has hardware for to use it properly) and because it uses dual layer technology, so diskspace ain't a problem at all.

Quote:
We've finally just transitioned to DvDs, and Sony is pushing HDTV/Blu-Ray too early.

Not a problem, infact most people are buying HDTV/HDReady TV's already without even knowing what it will do, and in the US a huge amount of the shows are aired in HD, so to release HD Players ain't to early, the problem however lies in the fact that people don't know the product, and will sounds like a strange item, and if you want to sell something to the public, then you need to make it simple and clear what it is.
Quote:
I will not be buying a PS3, but if my dad does want to get a blue ray DVD player, I'll suggest he get a PS3 and save some cash.

Save or waste cash? I can't say this enough, the name is killing the product, the majority will not buy it, which leaves you with mostly Sony's own movies, and nothing else.

Anyway personally i won't be buying a PS3 anytime soon, and with that i mean not untill they are way and way cheaper, which will take like 3 years. I will probably get a X360 and a Wii. I'm a little annoyed with Nintendo's yet again crap policy, basicly they never put anything remotely decent in their consoles/handhelds, they always need to use old junk which really limits the console game-wise, as most racing games etc will be made for the PC, X360 and the PS3, which have way more power then the Wii, so they basicly need to remake the game for the Wii to be able to run it, which is why many games don't get released on Nintendo's consoles.
But worse is that they don't support HD resolutions, having a 32 inch HDReady widescreen TV here it sure would be nice to get high resolutions, but that would require Nintendo to use less crap, and thus make less money off the console itself.
sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject:  

3 things to say here, Nintendo > Sony. Graphics don't matter. PS3 Shatters like fiberglass easily.

GohanSSJ

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject:  

sPiN wrote:
Nintendo > Sony. Graphics don't matter.

Power does, the lack of power from the Wii is going to limit the releases on it, if Nintendo made a console with decent power, then you could just get the console, and ignore Sony and Microsoft, but if you like to play all sorts of games, then you can't have a Wii alone, but you have to have a good PC, X360 or PS3.

Besides it ain't to much to ask to want Nintendo to offer high resolutions, now the image quality won't look as good (LCD screens have a fixed resolution so to speak, basicly 1 resolution is best, and others make it look crap), while with the X360 and PS3 you will get the right resolution making it look way and way better.
sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject:  

Image quality isn't important, but what is it 800$ for a PS3? I bought my pc for 950, and I'd like to see a PS3 over power it... And I have a 360, and that there is all I'll ever need. Very Happy

James

BNet Acct/Realm: USEastNL - *BoD_LLD *BoD_PvM
5.79 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject:  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RUKkWRK9gU

and for all your ssbb folks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1yjzt3F0d8&mode=related&search=
NightWish

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject:  

Belarathon wrote:

No, its Red Faction for the Ps2 is teh best.

Wii is a failure and its gona make a Weeeee, sound when people who cant get that stupid remote to do what they want throw it through w window.

GohanSSJ

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject:  

sPiN wrote:
Image quality isn't important, but what is it 800$ for a PS3? I bought my pc for 950, and I'd like to see a PS3 over power it... And I have a 360, and that there is all I'll ever need. Very Happy

Image quality isn't important? I'm sorry but that's something people say who don't got a decent TV.
The PS3 ain't 800, you really just pulled that one out of a certain dark spot eh... the PS3 is listed as 499 (20 gig) and 599 (60 gig), and unless you just made that PC yourself, then the PS3 will definetly be better, so feel free to list your specs, Processor + Memory + Videocard info will be enough.
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject:  

NightWish wrote:
Belarathon wrote:

No, its Red Faction for the Ps2 is teh best.

Mario Kart 64 > Red Faction.

Red Faction was a decent FPS, and by decent I mean Perfect Dark decent when compared to the superior Goldeneye Rolling Eyes.
It's ONLY feature that was cool was destroyable terrain.
Page 3 of 4 [56 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Jump to: