LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:46 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Gears of War
Page 4 of 5 [68 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject:  

for all of u who liked the music its called "Mad World" forgot who its by, but its been on my ipod for a while. i have a lot of random songs like that. A few of my friends have + love this game.

if i had decided to go Xbox360 instead of Wii, this is 1 game i def would have gotten.
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject:  

The online part of this game is horrible.
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject:  

Grim04 wrote:
The online part of this game is horrible.

So is perming mules and poofing items... but, once you get used to it it really grows on you. I'm actually hooked on Burnout Revenge ATM anxiously awaiting Halo 3 Very Happy

GOW is much more fun when playing with friends... just like in D. We always have Friday night "Frag" nights where we switch around games like GOW, GRAW2, Burnout Revenge, Rainbow 6 Vegas, and Call of Duty 3. We play missions and duel in teams as well as FFA.... it's hella fun with friends.

Gib me $20 Matt and I'll allow u to b my friend Mr. Green

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject:  

I hate how everyone uses shotgun, how dumb the sniping is, active-reload, sticking people with grenades, the round system, and especially the running.
TacoBell

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject:  

To be honest, people who whine about shotguns and sticking grenades tend to be on the lower end of the skill spectrum.
sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject:  

Lol the pistol beat down thing is much more annoying than the shot gun or anything like that, and as for sniping, the sniping on the game is so sweet, you know how it actually takes skill and aiming. I hate waiting for the rounds to get over after you die though. Kinda boring that way. :/

Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject:  

TacoBell wrote:
To be honest, people who whine about shotguns and sticking grenades tend to be on the lower end of the skill spectrum.

That's the same logic about the pistol in Halo 1.

In reality, you think they're on the lower end of the skill spectrum because you get kills when using the shotgun, while they're infact using less superior weapons.
TacoBell

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject:  

Shotguns and sticking grenades aren't superior. That's my point. The only people that think so are the people who rush in right next to the opponent because they don't know better. That differs a lot from the Pistol from Halo that gets fast kills from long range.

My most used/favorite weapon is the Lancer, and I kill people who use the Shotgun all the time because I simply out range them. I also use the Pistol to the same effect, except in addition to outranging them I beat them down when they get close. In fact, most of the time I replace my Shotgun with a Sniper Rifle which you also dislike because it actually takes skill to aim. Coincidently, the Sniper is very good when you get active reload (another point of this game you don't like/can't do)
Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject:  

My favorite weapon is also the Lance, and when I play I snipe (I never said I didn't like the sniper Rolling Eyes). Active reload is so easy to get, it's retarded and makes the game unbalanced. Especially when it gets down to 1v1, the sniper is shooting off rounds to get active reload... dumb.

I bet you do kill people with shotgun, as do I when I play, but it's still annoying that in close range it demolished any other weapon.

Melee in this game is a joke, because for once... it stuns you to allow a second hit with sniper/pistol, and two... it turns off the chainsaw on the Lancer.

Also, the other thing about that game is that besides the Lancer/Sniper, none of the other guns really take any skill to use. The bow/shotgun/sticking grenades are all retardely easy to get kills with.
TacoBell

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject:  

I only found those things you mention as "retardely" easy to get kills with overpowered when I first started the game, but the more I played the more I realized how easy they are to beat. Active reloads don't last very long, when it's obvious that a sniper is setting up an active, why not just wait a few seconds. It's not like the sniper has very much ammo.

Don't take this as a flame, but it just seems you lose a lot to those weapons and you're just trying to make it seem like they're overpowered when they aren't. I mean, you're saying that the bow is easy to use. Most people agree that's one of the hardest weapons to be good at.
Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject:  

The bow is easy to get kills with, because my friends and I can get kills easily with the bow... and we barely play that game because how horrible the online is.

It's annoying that someone would waste ammo to try to get an active reload to down someone. I can understand jamming a gun, but if you reload a weapon it's not suddenly going to get stronger in real life.

Also the host advantage is a joke.
TacoBell

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject:  

How can you dock Gears of War for host advantage when that's relevant to many games on xbox live?

Anyone who dies consistently to the bow sucks (please tell me you aren't counting beatdowns, I'm talking about actually shooting the bow). It's so easy to predict it's ridiculous.

Anyway, that's enough for me now. There's no point in trying to argue with somebody who admits he doesn't play the game much. It's easy to hate what you don't understand.
Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject:  

The reason I don't play much, is because what I've posted. You assume I don't understand the game balance and such because I don't play it...

The reason why I don't win that often against snipers, is that I refuse to run in the game. The occasional sprint is fine, the leaping I can understand, but running like that... god whoever coded that game should be slapped.
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject:  

That's like saying that cuz Halo has rocket launchers and snipe rifles (better than GOW cuz of more zoom IMO) that the game sucks. There are a ton of things I don't like about Halo like all the bugs for shooting yourself in the air to get on a cliff and gain an advantage over everyone else.

Or riding in a near untouchable tank and blasting away with unlimited machine gun and massive cannon blasts.

None of that makes me hate the game tho... I just adapt and learn to love it. GOW might be different but it is awesome especially when played with frnds. And, unless u play with complete noobs the bow is VERY hard to get a kill with unless someone is stupid enough to stand in one spot too long!

Sniper is also hard to get a kill with unless you have a lot of practice cuz that thing doesn't zoom! You have to pray someone stands still long enough and pray youcan aim for hte head... otherwise the weapon is useless.

IMO the overpowered wep is the lancer. Unlimited machine gun with active reload and a chainsaw??? OMG!

The only thing I hate about this game is the grenades! I like just being able to toss a grenade instead of twirling it like a fuking baton!

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject:  

The sniper can zoom... and you can throw greandes instead of sticking them.
Page 4 of 5 [68 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Jump to: