LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:50 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Gears of War
Page 2 of 5 [68 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
BloodRose

BNet Acct/Realm: *Ghettoboyjmb
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject:  

i have xbox 360 + gears of war i think its a real let down....the game was sorta dumb

Vixen

BNet Acct/Realm: The 'Big Apple'
7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject:  

Got it for Christmas.

Campaign kicks ass, especially co-op and online co-op. Multiplayer bites it, it's boring as hell and repetitive.

The machine gun can't kill someone fast enough to stop him from running 30 coverless ft and killing you in one hit with the shotgun or chainsaw bayonet.

Close range combat is just a myriad of random shotgun/machinegun blasts as everyone tries meleeing everyone else and just ending up with sore thumbs.
Long range combat is a joke. The machine gun takes at least 80% of the clip hitting the target consistantly to kill, and the person has to literally be standing still while you try to adjust to the crappy aim scheme if and when you decide to move on him. If you're playing against a semi-sentient opponent he'll just duck wait for his health to regen and then pop out and hope you're the idiot. This will go back and fourth until one or both of you get bored and just run up and melee/shotgun each other.

"Vixen's also the name of a reindeer"
Outlawz

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject:  

Vixen wrote:
Got it for Christmas.

Campaign kicks ass, especially co-op and online co-op. Multiplayer bites it, it's boring as hell and repetitive.

The machine gun can't kill someone fast enough to stop him from running 30 coverless ft and killing you in one hit with the shotgun or chainsaw bayonet.

Close range combat is just a myriad of random shotgun/machinegun blasts as everyone tries meleeing everyone else and just ending up with sore thumbs.
Long range combat is a joke. The machine gun takes at least 80% of the clip hitting the target consistantly to kill, and the person has to literally be standing still while you try to adjust to the crappy aim scheme if and when you decide to move on him. If you're playing against a semi-sentient opponent he'll just duck wait for his health to regen and then pop out and hope you're the idiot. This will go back and fourth until one or both of you get bored and just run up and melee/shotgun each other.

Sir, you just need to get better online. Find a few buddys to play with and play 4v4 with them. You'll get better. Online is fun. Just need to be good.

GohanSSJ

BNet Acct/Realm: The Netherlands - Europe Ladder/East Ladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject:  

The machine gun is crap though, online anyway.
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject:  

i played single player vs and it was sweet. also the coop is sweet, but i found it kinda easy.
GohanSSJ

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject:  

Well that's what you got diffeculty settings for. Wink

Mind you though that i have no idea how hard the highest is.

Vixen

BNet Acct/Realm: The 'Big Apple'
7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject:  

Outlawz wrote:
Vixen wrote:
Got it for Christmas.

Sir, you just need to get better online. Find a few buddys to play with and play 4v4 with them. You'll get better. Online is fun. Just need to be good.

I'm great at multiplayer but I still think it's pretty gay. The crap machine gun is the biggest letdown for me.

"Vixen's also the name of a reindeer"
ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:45 am    Post subject:  

It is a really nice looking game [its in HD too if you have the tv for it].

Only problem i had while playing it at a friends is that the analogue stick is TERRIBLE to aim with.

Also in multiplayer unless you just sit there and take a full machinegun to the face, its really hard to die because your health just regens in about 5 seconds.

Bring it to the PC and it would be a really great game.
BloodRose

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject:  

listen up everyone i have a very serious note about xbox 360 in general

its very sensitive i was playing co-op on insane last night and i reached down to grab the controls so we could start and my elbow hit the 360 and it tip left and right but didnt fall so i went to catch it and the disk has a perfect circle around it where the xbox scratched the living hell out of it i know it came with a sticker that said do not move console is in play but take that very seriously cause im now finding myself buying the same 70$ game twice -.-

FudGe

BNet Acct/Realm: *MaStEr_FuDgE, jacquesstrap on D2JSP
2.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject:  

BloodRose wrote:
listen up everyone i have a very serious note about xbox 360 in general

its very sensitive i was playing co-op on insane last night and i reached down to grab the controls so we could start and my elbow hit the 360 and it tip left and right but didnt fall so i went to catch it and the disk has a perfect circle around it where the xbox scratched the living hell out of it i know it came with a sticker that said do not move console is in play but take that very seriously cause im now finding myself buying the same 70$ game twice -.-

seriously, would it really have killed you to stick a couple periods or commas in there somewhere?? That took me about 5 minutes to comprehend.

My buddy's roommate has a 360 and this game. He says that it's so freakin' fun, but i think he's only played in offline mode. Hopefully I'll get to try it soon Razz

PS The music hooked me too Razz

GohanSSJ

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject:  

ubermoose wrote:
It is a really nice looking game [its in HD too if you have the tv for it].

Only problem i had while playing it at a friends is that the analogue stick is TERRIBLE to aim with.

Also in multiplayer unless you just sit there and take a full machinegun to the face, its really hard to die because your health just regens in about 5 seconds.

Bring it to the PC and it would be a really great game.

Ofcourse it's in HD, all X360 games are. Wink

The aiming definetly is annoying at time, especially when you only have to move a little bit.

Killing someone in multiplayer isn't that hard, the machinegun is crap, but the shotgun will however do the job, so will the sniper rifle or the bow. Ofcourse you can also just tag someone with a grenade. Wink

BloodRose

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
seriously, would it really have killed you to stick a couple periods or commas in there somewhere?? That took me about 5 minutes to comprehend.

ehhh e-grammar not my expertise i dont usually care much for using gramm besides qoutes in emessages

GohanSSJ

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject:  

BloodRose wrote:
ehhh e-grammar not my expertise

What's the difference between grammar and e-grammar?

FudGe

BNet Acct/Realm: *MaStEr_FuDgE, jacquesstrap on D2JSP
2.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject:  

GohanSSJ wrote:
BloodRose wrote:
ehhh e-grammar not my expertise

What's the difference between grammar and e-grammar?

Nothing, it's called being lazy. People who don't puncuate their posts and turn them into one big run on block sentence just make themselves look like 12 year old idiots............not to mention making it hard for other people to understand what the hell they are saying.

Speakin' of these next gen shooters, i was at my buddy's house and played the ps3. I was playing some war game, ww2 i think, but i'm not sure wat it was called. Anyone know???

BloodRose

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
Nothing, it's called being lazy

It's like you've known me forever.

Laughing

Page 2 of 5 [68 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Jump to: